Let’s read books that start with the letter P! Part of a good Letter P lesson plan will include reading. A Letter P Book List is an essential part of your preschool curriculum whether that is in the classroom or at home. In learning the letter P, your child will master letter P recognition which can be accelerated through reading books with the letter P.
PRESCHOOL LETTER BOOKS FOR THE LETTER P
There are so many fun letter books for preschool age kids. They tell the letter P story with bright illustrations and compelling plot lines. These books work great for letter of the day reading, book week ideas for preschool, letter recognition practice or just sitting down and reading!
Related: Check out our list of best preschool workbooks!
This post contains affiliate links.
LETTER P BOOKS TO TEACH THE LETTER P
Whether it be phonics, morals, or math, each of these books goes above and beyond teaching the letter P! Check out some of my favorites.
2. Spooky Pookie
Pookie Pig gets all dressed up for Halloween in this silly board book. What will little Pookie decide to be this year? Pookie tries on costumes one by one, but somehow can’t find just the right thing. The resolution to Pookie’s dilemma will delight toddlers and their caregivers alike.
5. Peek-a Who?
Colorful pictures and simple rhyming texts help children guess what’s peeking through the die cut windows in these two fun board books. The bright, engaging illustrations will keep youngsters guessing and giggling. They will wait with anticipation, all the way to the surprise endings.
6. Pig the Pug
Pig is a greedy and selfish little Pug. He has all the tug toys, balls, bones, and chew toys a dog could ever want. Still, he refuses to share with his poor friend, Trevor. Little does he know, however, that being greedy has its consequences. Join Pig as he learns to share – the hard way! Young readers will love the irresistibly quirky and funny illustrations. They are paired with a relatable lesson of learning to share with others. Perfect for dog and pet lovers everywhere.
Related: Check out our list of best preschool workbooks
Letter P Books for Preschoolers
8. Big Pig On A Dig
The story of Big Pig’s hunt for treasure is very amusing and takes into account recent research on the most effective ways to teach reading. This title is part of the Easy Words to Read series. It features phonics-based text and a story which has been specially written to help children learn to read. Ideal for sharing with a toddler, but its repetitive language also makes it excellent for beginner readers.
Here’s something to remember: when visiting the zoo, whatever you do, DON’T WAKE THE PANDA! There’s grunting and growling and prancing and prowling and … so much more in this rollicking, rhyming text. This adorable book just begs to be read aloud. The playful illustrations are pleasing to parents and preschoolers alike!
10. The Perfect Shelter
A story about sisters. About love. A story about how it feels when someone close to you is diagnosed with a serious illness. A book to help name and explore the complicated feelings borne of heartbreaking situations. This book can be very helpful when facing potential grief.
More Letter Books For Preschoolers
- Letter A books
- Letter B books
- Letter C books
- Letter D books
- Letter E books
- Letter F books
- Letter G books
- Letter H books
- Letter I books
- Letter J books
- Letter K books
- Letter L books
- Letter M books
- Letter N books
- Letter O books
- Letter P books
- Letter Q books
- Letter R books
- Letter S books
- Letter T books
- Letter U books
- Letter V books
- Letter W books
- Letter X books
- Letter Y books
- Letter Z books
More Recommeded Preschool Books From Kids Activities Blog
Oh! And one last thing! If you love reading with your children, and are on the hunt for age-appropriate reading lists, we have the group for you! Join Kids Activities Blog in our Book Nook FB Group.
You can join for FREE and get access to all of the fun including kid book discussions, giveaways and easy ways to encourage reading at home.
More Letter P Learning For Preschoolers
- Our big learning resource for everything about the Letter P.
- Have some crafty fun with our letter p crafts for kids.
- Download & print our letter p worksheets full of letter p learning fun!
- Giggle and have some fun with words that start with the letter p.
- Print our letter P coloring page or letter P zentangle pattern.
- I’m sure your kids are pumped to learn the letter P!
- Grab some alphabet crackers and settle in for story time! You can customize your lesson plan to fit your children.
- Building a love of reading from a young age is so beneficial to their whole life. Remember to keep it fun! Words that start with the letter P are everywhere!
- Be sure to mix up worksheets with crafts and activities for the letter P.
- The letter P spelling and sight words look a lot less intimidating when hidden in a good book.
- If you aren’t already familiar, check out our homeschooling hacks. A custom lesson plan that fits your child is always the best move.
- Find perfect preschool art projects.
- Check out our huge resource on preschool homeschool curriculum.
- And download our Kindergarten readiness checklist to see if you are on schedule!
- Make a craft inspired by a favorite book!
- Check out our favorite story books for bedtime
Which letter P book was your child’s favorite letter book?