Let’s read books that start with the letter D! Part of a good Letter D lesson plan will include reading. A Letter D Book List is an essential part of your preschool curriculum whether that is in the classroom or at home. In learning the letter D, your child will master letter D recognition which can be accelerated through reading books with the letter D.
Preschool Letter Books for the Letter D
There are so many fun letter books for preschool age kids. They tell the letter A story with bright illustrations and compelling plot lines. These books work great for letter of the day reading, book week ideas for preschool, letter recognition practice or just sitting down and reading!
Related: Check out our list of best preschool workbooks!
This post contains affiliate links.
LETTER D BOOKS TO TEACH THE LETTER D
These are some of our favorites! Learning the Letter D is easy, with these fun books to read and enjoy with your little one.
5. Dear Dragon: A Pen Pal Tale
George and Blaise are pen pals. They write letters to each other about everything! There’s just one thing that the two friends don’t know: George is a human, while Blaise is a dragon! What will happen when these pen pals finally meet face-to-face? Find out in this daring story about friendship despite differences.
6. Can You Snore Like a Dinosaur?
A good book for bedtime is an essential part of learning the letter D! This adorable story comes completed with beautiful illustrations. The tranquil and repetitive language helps to verbally rock your child to sleep. The close of the story is a loving and comforting way to end the day.
Related: Favorite rhyming books for kids
LETTER D BOOKS FOR PRESCHOOLERS
8. That’s Not My Duck…
Little fingers can explore soft feathers, bumpy feet, and smooth eggs as they hunt for their duck. Babies and toddlers will love touching the textured patches on every page. The bright pictures and textures to touch are designed to help develop sensory and language awareness. This is an engaging way to learn the letter D, with a book!
9. Going to the Dentist
A trip to the dentist is much easier if you know what to expect! With sensitive and humorous illustrations, this book shows small children what happens at the dentist. It goes from the chair that goes up and down to all the dentist’s equipment. There is also information on how to look after your teeth, and a little yellow duck to find on each double page.
10. Dogs, Dogs!
Little, sad, pretty lazy, fast, dirty – there are as many different kinds of dogs as there are kinds of kids! Which one are you like? Check the mirror in the back of the book to see. Are you shaggy? Stubborn? Or just doggone happy to have a new dog book to share? This is a fun way to practice saying the letter D!
MORE LETTER BOOKS FOR PRESCHOOLERS
- Letter A books
- Letter B books
- Letter C books
- Letter D books
- Letter E books
- Letter F books
- Letter G books
- Letter H books
- Letter I books
- Letter J books
- Letter K books
- Letter L books
- Letter M books
- Letter N books
- Letter O books
- Letter P books
- Letter Q books
- Letter R books
- Letter S books
- Letter T books
- Letter U books
- Letter V books
- Letter W books
- Letter X books
- Letter Y books
- Letter Z books
More Recommended Preschool Books From Kids Activities Blog
Oh! And one last thing! If you love reading with your children, and are on the hunt for age-appropriate reading lists, we have the group for you! Join Kids Activities Blog in our Book Nook FB Group.
You can join for FREE and get access to all of the fun including kid book discussions, giveaways and easy ways to encourage reading at home.
MORE LETTER D LEARNING FOR PRESCHOOLERS
- As you work to teach your toddler the alphabet, it’s important to get off to a great start!
- Our big learning resource for everything about the Letter D.
- Have some crafty fun with our letter d crafts for kids.
- Download & print our letter d worksheets full of letter d learning fun!
- Giggle and have some fun with words that start with the letter d.
- Check out over 1000 learning activities & games for kids.
- Print our letter d coloring page or letter d zentangle pattern.
- My preschoolers loved the books I selected to help us learn the Letter D, so I decided to share with you!
- You can also check out our letter D activities!
- Check out our huge resource on preschool homeschool curriculum.
- And download our Kindergarten readiness checklist to see if you are on schedule!
- Make a craft inspired by a favorite book!
- Check out our favorite story books for bedtime!
Which letter D book was your child’s favorite letter book?