Let’s read books that start with the letter W! Part of a good Letter W lesson plan will include reading. A Letter W Book List is an essential part of your preschool curriculum whether that is in the classroom or at home. In learning the letter W, your child will master letter W recognition which can be accelerated through reading books with the letter W.
PRESCHOOL LETTER BOOKS FOR THE LETTER W
Your There are so many fun letter books for preschool age kids. They tell the letter W story with bright illustrations and compelling plot lines. These books work great for letter of the day reading, book week ideas for preschool, letter recognition practice or just sitting down and reading!
Related: Check out our list of best preschool workbooks!
This post contains affiliate links.
LETTER W BOOKS TO TEACH THE LETTER W
Whether it be phonics, morals, or math, each of these books goes above and beyond teaching the letter W! Check out some of my favorites.
1. The Snail and the Whale
When a tiny snail meets a humpback whale, the two travel together to far-off lands. It’s a dream come true for the snail, who has never left home before. But when the whale swims too close to shore, will the snail be able to save her new friend? This letter W book is too cute!
3. Room on the Broom
The witch and her cat are happily flying through the sky on a broomstick when the wind picks up and blows away the witch’s hat, then her bow, and then her wand! Luckily, three helpful animals find the missing items, and all they want in return is a ride on the broom. But is there room on the broom for so many friends? And when disaster strikes, will they be able to save the witch from a hungry dragon? With words like witch and wind throughout, this is a great letter W book, especially around Halloween!
5. Tractor Mac Worth the Wait
The pigs, Pete and Paul, are eager to help Farmer Bill grow the best and biggest watermelons so he’ll win at the annual Fruit and Vegetable Show, but their overzealous efforts to help the melons grow faster end up destroying the entire melon patch. Tractor Mac and friends teach Pete and Paul that with patience and care, they too can grow a prize melon. Technically also a great letter P book!
6. The Watermelon Seed
Crocodile loves watermelon, but what will happen when his greatest fear of swallowing a watermelon seed comes to pass? Will vines sprout out his ears? Will his skin turn pink? Only one thing is certain: his wild imagination will have kids laughing out loud and begging for another read.
Related: Check out our list of best preschool workbooks
Letter W Books for Preschoolers
7. Weasels with Measles
The little weasels have woken up covered in spots! Have they really caught the measles? A fun rhyming story, specially written to develop phonemic awareness, with wonderful illustrations. This book is ideal both for reading aloud and for children who are beginning to read for themselves.
Peter the puffer fish worried about lots of things, but his friends always help him feel better. This stylish, child-friendly, sturdy-paged picture book embrace uniqueness and positivity.
9. What A Wonderful Word
Did you know there is a word for friends who are like family? And for searching for something in the water using only your feet? This collection of untranslatable words from all over the world celebrates the magic of language. This book features gorgeous original artwork and fascinating facts about each word and the culture it comes from.
More Letter Books For Preschoolers
- Letter A books
- Letter B books
- Letter C books
- Letter D books
- Letter E books
- Letter F books
- Letter G books
- Letter H books
- Letter I books
- Letter J books
- Letter K books
- Letter L books
- Letter M books
- Letter N books
- Letter O books
- Letter P books
- Letter Q books
- Letter R books
- Letter S books
- Letter T books
- Letter U books
- Letter V books
- Letter W books
- Letter X books
- Letter Y books
- Letter Z books
More Recommended Preschool Books From Kids Activities Blog
Oh! And one last thing! If you love reading with your children, and are on the hunt for age-appropriate reading lists, we have the group for you! Join Kids Activities Blog in our Book Nook FB Group.
You can join for FREE and get access to all of the fun including kid book discussions, giveaways and easy ways to encourage reading at home.
More Letter W Learning For Preschoolers
- Our big learning resource for everything about the Letter W.
- Have some crafty fun with our letter w crafts for kids.
- Download & print our letter w worksheets full of letter v learning fun!
- Giggle and have some fun with words that start with the letter w.
- Print our letter W coloring page or letter W zentangle pattern.
- Is your preschooler ready to learn the letter W?
- Start off easy, with words that start with the letter W!
- After that, take a break and do a little bit of crafting, or letter W activities!
- We have an amazing printable letter W worksheet your preschooler will love!
- Once all of that is done, tackle the spelling and sight words for the letter W, together!
- If you aren’t already familiar, check out our homeschooling hacks. A custom lesson plan that fits your child is always the best move.
- Find perfect preschool art projects.
- Check out our huge resource on preschool homeschool curriculum.
- And download our Kindergarten readiness checklist to see if you are on schedule!
- Make a craft inspired by a favorite book!
- Check out our favorite story books for bedtime
Which letter W book was your child’s favorite letter book?