Let’s read books that start with the letter Z! Part of a good Letter Z lesson plan will include reading. A Letter Z Book List is an essential part of your preschool curriculum whether that is in the classroom or at home. In learning the letter Z, your child will master letter Z recognition which can be accelerated through reading books with the letter Z.
PRESCHOOL LETTER BOOKS FOR THE LETTER Z
Your There are so many fun letter books for preschool age kids. They tell the letter Y story with bright illustrations and compelling plot lines. These books work great for letter of the day reading, book week ideas for preschool, letter recognition practice or just sitting down and reading!
Related: Check out our list of best preschool workbooks!
This post contains affiliate links.
LETTER Z BOOKS TO TEACH THE LETTER Z
Whether it be phonics, morals, or math, each of these books goes above and beyond teaching the letter Z! Check out some of my favorites
1. Every So Often A Zebra Has Spots
Every So Often A Zebra Has Spots is a book that will have you and your children talking! It will inspire conversations about differences and how beautiful it is to be true to yourself. It will make you laugh and will definitely become your child’s new favorite book. And the best part is that they will not even know that they are learning lifelong lessons about acceptance and kindness for all.
3. Put Me in the Zoo
Spot longs to be in the zoo with all the other animals, but the zoo doesn’t want him! In this beloved Beginner Book edited by Dr. Seuss, Spot shows a young boy and girl all the exciting things he can do with his spots—from changing their color and juggling them, to moving them onto different objects! Beginning readers will be delighted by this lively, rhymed story that not only teaches about colors, but proves there is a special spot for everyone, including Spot.
4. Zero the Hero
Zero. Zip. Zilch. Nada. That’s what all the other numbers think of Zero. He doesn’t add anything in addition. He’s of no use in division. And don’t even ask what he does in multiplication. But Zero knows he’s worth a lot, and when the other numbers get into trouble, he swoops in to prove that his talents are innumerable. This book teaches basic math, and the letter Z
7. On Beyond Zebra!
If you think the alphabet stops with Z, you are wrong. So wrong. This rhyming picture book introduces twenty new letters and the creatures that one can spell with them. Discover (and spell) such wonderfully Seussian creations as the Yuzz-a-ma-Tuzz and the High Gargel-orum. Readers young and old will be giggling from beginning to end . . . or should we say, from Yuzz to Hi!
Related: Check out our list of best preschool workbooks
Letter Z Books for Preschoolers
8. That’s Not My Zebra
There are lots of friendly zebras to pet in this fun-to-touch board book. Patches of different textures and bright illustrations are combined with very simple text to help develop sensory and language awareness. Babies and toddlers will love turning the pages and touching noses that are “too fuzzy” and tails that are “too hairy.”
9. Peek Through The Holes Zebra
Zebra wishes she wasn’t black and white. Follow her in this colorful board book, as she meets a pink flamingo, a green crocodile, an orange giraffe, and a blue parrot, and imagines what it would be like if her stripes were the same color as them. Peek through the holes in the pages to see what Zebra looks like as her stripes change color.
10. Play Hide and Seek With Zebra
Join zebra for a game of hide-and-seek with his friends! Little ones will love lifting the large flaps to find all the adorable animals hiding behind them, including lion, crocodile, giraffe, and hippo. With bright, vibrant illustrations and simple text, this is a charming book to enjoy time and time again.
More Letter Books For Preschoolers
- Letter A books
- Letter B books
- Letter C books
- Letter D books
- Letter E books
- Letter F books
- Letter G books
- Letter H books
- Letter I books
- Letter J books
- Letter K books
- Letter L books
- Letter M books
- Letter N books
- Letter O books
- Letter P books
- Letter Q books
- Letter R books
- Letter S books
- Letter T books
- Letter U books
- Letter V books
- Letter W books
- Letter X books
- Letter Y books
- Letter Z books
More Recommended Preschool Books From Kids Activities Blog
Oh! And one last thing! If you love reading with your children, and are on the hunt for age-appropriate reading lists, we have the group for you! Join us on Facebook in the KidsActivities Book Nook!
You can join for FREE and get access to all of the fun including book discussions, giveaways, and more!
More Letter Z Learning For Preschoolers
- Our big learning resource for everything about the Letter Z.
- Have some crafty fun with our letter z crafts for kids.
- Download & print our letter z worksheets full of letter z learning fun!
- Giggle and have some fun with words that start with the letter z.
- Print our letter Z coloring page or letter Z zentangle pattern.
- As you work to teach your toddler the alphabet, it’s important to get off to a great start!
- Keep things fun and light with the Letter Z song! Songs are one of our favorite ways to learn.
- Inspire their creativity with our fun letter Z activities!
- Sit your kiddo down with a letter Z worksheet to keep them busy, for a little while.
- If you aren’t already familiar, check out our homeschooling hacks. A custom lesson plan that fits your child is always the best move.
- Find perfect preschool art projects.
- Check out our huge resource on preschool homeschool curriculum.
- And download our Kindergarten readiness checklist to see if you are on schedule!
- Make a craft inspired by a favorite book!
- Check out our favorite story books for bedtime
Which letter Z book was your child’s favorite letter book?