Starting early reading with preschool workbooks will give your children confidence for their first day of school!
Speaking of preschool, it is hard to ever feel ready, as a parent. I still remember how nervous I was for my son’s first day of school! It hasn’t gotten any easier as the years have gone on, with each of my children.
One thing I have found is that preparing for the first day makes it easier. So, my favorite way to prepare is with preschool workbooks and have “play school”. Play school builds confidence in their early reading and learning skills as well as how classrooms work.
Here are best-selling preschool workbooks we have been able to find!
How do preschool workbooks help?
- Building writing muscles? During these activities, your child will use their pencil to follow paths and draw different shapes. This helps them to build their fine motor skills.
- Engaging? Beautifully illustrated preschool workbooks brings the skills to life, with helpful – and silly – pictures your child will love.
- Build confidence? Having a physical marker of progress can be super affirming for young ones!
- Get Ahead in School? Mastery of writing skills opens children’s minds to learning new and exciting things, instead of frustration.
*** If you are trying to figure out how to homeschool preschool, I suggest buying the SPIRAL versions of each of these books. It makes it much easier to make copies of the worksheets so that they can be done multiple times, throughout your homeschool schedule. The spiral design keeps you from destroying the book’s spine by trying to press it flat enough to get a good copy.
#1 Best-Seller – My First Learn-to-Write Workbook!
You can set your kids up to succeed in school with a easy jump-start to their handwriting! This guide teaches them letters, shapes, and numbers?and makes it fun. My First Learn-to-Write Workbook introduces your child to proper pen control, steady line tracing, new words, and more. This preschool workbook contains dozens of exercises that will engage their minds and boost their reading and writing comprehension skills.
Kickstart your kid’s education! Bursting with exciting challenges, this best-selling preschool workbook combines the best features of preschool workbooks. My Preschool Workbook makes it tons of fun for your young scholar to develop the skills and abilities necessary to begin their scholastic journey. From connecting dots and matching pictures to following paths and tracing shapes, this book has it all! It’s like getting several preschool workbooks worth of activities in one! You can always make the lessons even stronger with a wide variety of preschool reading games, we have found!
This super fun preschool workbook is all about numbers! It starts with teaching the basics of how to write each number. This is done both as the number, as as the word, which helps build vocabulary! As your child progresses, early reading skills are introduced alongside the numbers. The Number Tracing Workbook for Preschoolers is a great way to build preschool skills, before the first day!
Help your child take their first steps in learning how to read & write alphabets and numbers with the Big Preschool Workbook. This colorful & engaging workbook is filled with fun activities for preschoolers. It truly makes learning feel like play. Easily one of the best books for 3 year olds out there! Lessons include an intro to colors, shapes, some early math, alphabets & more. The progressing difficulty level keeps the challenges coming until the very end of the book. Learning has never been so much fun.
Give your children the building blocks for early reading with My Sight Words Workbook. Pictures, examples, and a little monkey helper make this book friendly and fun for preschoolers to get ahead and learn the top 101 sight words. Kids can color in a star for every word they master and see their progress in real time. This will increase their reading skill and confidence. Practice with other early reading activities will help the lessons stick! One of our favorite activities is reading blocks!
Sight words are common words like “of”, “the”, and “you” that don’t fit standard phonetic patterns and can only be learned through memorization. Sight word activities will have kids say each word, trace each word, write each word, and use it in a sentence. Then, they can tackle puzzles and games to reinforce what they’ve learned.
- Check out our brand new Baby Shark Sight Word Printables
– available now!
Another #1 Best-Seller! Preschool Math Workbook
This preschool workbook put together a variety of different activities that are both fun and educational! The Preschool Math Workbook for Toddlers Ages 2-4 is a great way for your little one to learn basic mathematical skills such as number recognition, number tracing and counting. All of the activities involve a variety of magical creatues and animals to keep your child engaged.
Endless practice is the best way to set your preschooler up for success! The bright colors are engaging and the wide variety of challenge levels makes it perfect to encourage growth! The ability to wipe clean this preschool workbook means that a wrong answer isn’t forever! It has a good amount of activities for each subject which we think keeps their interest.
Check Out These Best-Selling Books by the KidsActivitiesBlog team!
- The 101 Coolest Simple Science Experiments
- 101 Kids Activities that are the Ooey, Gooey-est Ever!
- 101 Kids Activities That Are the Bestest, Funnest Ever!
Want more preschool worksheets? No problem!
- A timeless favorite is our princess worksheet for preschoolers!
- Bunnies and baskets! Who wouldn’t love our Easter preschool worksheets printable pack!
- Pack a lunch to snack on while you enjoy these picnic activities for preschool!
- You can download all of our Fun With Letters homeschooling preschool resources.
- Keep the fun going with our robot printables for kindergarten and more!
- Build fine motor skills even more with Zentangle Coloring Pages for any ages!
- It is never too early for preschool activities for two year olds!