20+ Letter D Activities To Help Your Preschooler Learn The Alphabet
Let's learn the letter D!
Yay for the Letter D!
Games and crafts are some of the most effective and fun ways to learn the alphabet. Kids, especially preschoolers and kindergarteners, love doing hands-on activities when it comes to learning.
We're sure you have already checked out our activities for letter A, letter B, and letter C. Now it's time for... drum rolls, please... letter D!
Letter D Sound
The letter D plays an important part in the alphabet called a consonant. To understand better what sounds the letter b can make, here is the Letter D song:
Letter D Lesson Plan:
- I spy. This is one of my favorite ways to practice the alphabet and let kids have fun. Let your kids find objects in the house that start with the letter D! Door, doll, dog are just a few.
- Letter Sentences: Make sentences where each word starts with the letter D! For example, David drew a dinosaur. There are so many different options!
- Find places that start with D, it can be anywhere from small towns to countries.
Crafts To Teach the Letter D
Alphabet crafts are not only adorable decoration -- they are also lots of fun! You and your kids can use all sorts of materials to make crafts and learn the letter d at the same time.
One of the cutest crafts is this craft letter D to make a pretty duck. Besides glue, scissors, and paper, you don't need much: just get some pom-poms, pipe cleaners, googly eyes, and a feather, and your kids will be ready to make their own duck!
Here is a list of 13 letter D activities to complement your little ones' learning time. There are so many awesome crafts that your kids will love to do.
Preschool Printable Letter D Worksheets:
Our Printable Letter D Worksheet is useful for improving your kids' handwriting skills, and you can print it out as many times as you want.
D is for dinosaur, d is for dog... D is for dynamic! Don't let the learning stop. With our letter d printable worksheets, you will get:
- 4 pages with upper and lower case D tracing with pictures
- 1 page with pictures and tracing words that start with letter D
- 2 pages with phonics activities to practice sounds
- 1 letter D coloring page.
More Alphabet Learning Resources:
Kids will have so much fun with these color by letter worksheets! After your kids can easily recognize these letters, they can review their knowledge with our cool worksheets.
Phonics is an essential part of learning to recognize words that start with the letter D. Make it fun for everyone with our Phonics free printables. Just print them out and laminate them if you wish; you'll be all set for an afternoon full of learning and games.