Today we have President’s Day facts for kids full of fun facts about presidents that you can print out as either a full color Presidents Day fact sheet pdf or the black and white version! Simple download and print the fun facts about Presidents day and have some fun while learning about all the different presidents. Use these President’s Day facts at home or in the classroom.
Free Printable President Facts for Kids
If you have ever wondered why President’s Day is celebrated, Or when is Presidents Day celebrated, or who was the tallest president…Let’s find out! These President’s Day fun facts and random facts about previous presidents will blow your mind! Click the green button to download the pdf versions:
Related: Tallest president facts
Interesting FActs About Presidents
- President’s Day is celebrated on the third Monday in February.
- The President’s Day Federal holiday is officially called Washington’s Birthday, but it celebrates all the presidents.
- President’s Day was originally established in honor of George Washington’s birthday.
- George Washington was the only president unanimously elected, all of the state representatives voted for him. He was also the first president.
- George Washington’s birthday was February 22, 1732.
- In 2021, Washington would be 289 years old!
- The “S” in Harry S. Truman does not stand for anything, it refers to the names of both of his grandfathers, Anderson Shipp Truman and Solomon Young.
More Fun Presidents Day Facts
- Abraham Lincoln’s birthday falls close to George Washington but his is not a federal holiday.
- James Monroe was the 5th president, the the 3rd to die on the 4th of July – John Adams and Thomas Jefferson also died on July 4.
- President Theodore Roosevelt has the most national parks named in his honor.
- Theodore Roosevelt’s birthplace is a national historic site and located in New York, NY.
- There are 35 national parks named after American presidents
- The tallest president was Abraham Lincoln at 6 feet, 4 inches tall.
- There were four presidents born in February — George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, William Harrison and Ronald Reagan.
- James Madison was the shortest president at 5 feet, 4 inches tall and he weighed only 100 pounds.
Related: Fun facts for kids
You can also print out the President fact sheet in black and white making it the perfect President’s Day coloring page set…
Download & Print Both pdf file Versions of the Presidents Day Fact Sheets:
Fun Facts for Presidents Day Printable Sheets
Our presidential fun fact sheets can be printed two ways. Both are available in the one download and you can choose to print all or the section you desire (press green button).
Printable Presidents Fun Facts – Full Color
This two page color pdf is perfect for home, classroom or virtual learning environment for kids to have some fun while learning about the U.S. Presidents. Who knew American history could be so interesting! There is a lot to know about Presidents, the oval office, the Presidents First Lady, the Oval Office and more!
Printable Presidents Day Printable Pages
This two page Presidents Day page set of pdfs is perfect for home or classroom for kids to have some fun while learning about the U.S. Presidents.
Kids can grab their colored pencils, markers of crayons to fill in the blanks on these fun fact sheets celebrating US Presidents while learning facts about their lives in the White House and beyond.
Bonus President Fun Facts!
- Martin Van Buren was not only the 8th President, but also a lawyer who founded the Democratic party.
- Did you know John Quincy Adams loved to dance? He actually studied dance in Europe when he was a child.
- Teddy Roosevelt actually created a political party called the Bull Moose party!
- William Howard Taft was actually the last President to have facial hair while in office.
- John Tyler was actually the first President to serve without actually being elected to office.
More fun facts from Kids Activities Blog
- Black history month facts for kids
- Cinco de Mayo facts for kids
- Halloween facts for kids
- Kwanzaa facts for kids
- Thanksgiving facts for kids
- Christmas facts for kids
- Valentines Day facts for kids
- New Years facts for kids
- Day of the Dead facts for kids
- Capicorn facts for kids
- Thomas Jefferson facts for kids
- 15 fun facts about rainbows for kids +free coloring pages!
- So many fun facts about the Johnny Appleseed Story.
- Abraham Lincoln facts for kids
- MLK facts for kids
- Download & print (and even color) our unicorn facts for kids.
- What about some Little House on the Prairie facts?
- Dandelion fun facts for kids
- All About Me printable page
- Need something for the younger kids at home? Check out this big list of favorite activities for 2 year olds!
- Have your kids learn about George Washington with our printable George Washington facts!
Did you learn anything new from the fun facts list about the US Presidents? I couldn’t believe the one about the 4th of July!