The Johnny Appleseed story is filled with interesting facts for kids. Simply download and print the fun facts about Johnny Appleseed and have some fun while learning about history. Today we have a printable Johnny Appleseed facts sheet set perfect for Johnny Appleseed Days activities or an apple lesson at home or in the classroom.
Download the printables here:
Free Printable Johnny Appleseed Story And Facts For Kids
If you have ever wondered “is Johnny Appleseed real?” then download and print the Johnny Appleseed fun facts for preschoolers, Kindergartners and beyond. Psst…Johnny Appleseed’s real name was John Chapman! Download our Johnny Appleseed story and facts for kids.
While Johnny Appleseed Story is often considered an American folklore tale, many parts are true!
Related: Check out facts for kids
Fun Johnny Appleseed Facts To Share With Your Friends
- Johnny Appleseed’s real name is John Chapman.
- Johnny was born in September 1774, in Leominster, Massachusetts, United States.
- We celebrate two Johnny Appleseed Days: Sept 26th, which is his birthday, and March 11, his death.
- Johnny was a missionary, and his favorite book was the Bible.
- He never married, but he wasn’t a lonely man: he had friends everywhere across America!
More Johnny Appleseed Fun Facts
- Johnny was wealthy, but he didn’t like to flaunt it. Instead, he chose to dress modestly and even wore the same pants all year round.
- He didn’t plant seeds in random places; actually, he carefully planned, bought land, and cared for the trees he planted.
- He was so kind, that sometimes he gave away his trees to people who couldn’t afford them.
- He was a vegetarian! He loved animals so much and even rescued a wolf that he found in a trap.
- Johnny Appleseed loved sleeping under the stars in a hammock or burrowed in a pile of leaves.
This post contains affiliate links.
Download & Print Johnny Appleseed pdf Files Here
Free Johnny Appleseed Facts Sheet & Coloring Page Set
Download and print the pdf version of the 10 Johnny Appleseed Facts for kids and using them as a printout or Johnny Appleseed coloring page.
This printable Johnny Appleseed worksheet set is perfect for both younger kids and older kids and will be an asset to any apple learning module or Johnny Appleseed history lesson.
National Johnny Appleseed Day Celebration
We celebrate Johnny Appleseed Day twice a year not only because he introduced apple trees to new places, but also because he was loved by many people and made friends anywhere he went. Those Johnny Appleseed Day dates are:
- March 11
- September 26 on his birthday
Coloring the Johnny Appleseed Printables
All you have to do is print this Johnny Appleseed coloring page on regular sheets of 8.5 x 11 inch paper and you’re ready for a fun afternoon activity!
Let your kids use their imagination! They can use colored pencils, crayons, markers, or just anything they can think of!
Was Johnny Appleseed Real?
Johnny Appleseed was born John Chapman in Massachusetts in 1774 and he really liked apples.
He liked them so much, that he spent 50 years sharing his love for them by planting apple trees and apple orchards in many places!
Johnny was on a mission to feed as many people as possible, and that’s why he carried apple seeds with him in a sack as he traveled across the country, often barefoot.
And he traveled really, really far! He planted apple trees in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, and Illinois, West Virginia, and even went as far as Ontario, Canada!
More Printable Fun Facts For Kids
- Fun Facts About Me Worksheet
- Fun Facts About Shakespeare
- Fun Facts About Amelia Earhart
- Fun Facts About Leonardo Da Vinci
- Fun Facts About Presidents’ Heights
- Fun Facts About Queen Elizabeth
- Fun Facts About Christopher Columbus
- Fun Facts About Alexander Hamilton
- Fun Facts About Thomas Edison
- Facts About Anne Frank
More Ways to Explore the Johnny Appleseed Story for Kids
More educational and creative learning activities for kids! In case you need more than the free Johnny Appleseed printable and fun facts about his exciting story.
- This apple stamp craft turns out so cute!
- These felt apple crafts are really fun to make with kids of all ages.
- Make this apple craft from red crumpled tissue paper!
- Check out our favorite fall apple crafts for kids.
- I love this The Seasons of Arnold’s Apple Tree art project for kids.
- This button art idea is all apple!
- Make this cute bookmarks craft…it is an apple!
- Make an apple tree craft with preschoolers.
- Make a paper plate apple craft.
- These apple activities for preschoolers are printable apple themed worksheets.
- Show your love to Johnny Appleseed by making this applesauce fruit leather!
- Our apple coloring pages are perfect to accompany this story!
- Check out this fun tissue paper apple craft!
Or learn reading with this fun frog story?
Which one is your favorite Johnny Appleseed fact? Mine is that he loved animals!