Today we are learning some interesting facts about Abraham Lincoln, the 16th president of the United States, also known as Honest Abe!
These Abraham Lincoln facts coloring pages are a fun way to learn about Abraham Lincoln’s life, his accomplishments, and some interesting facts about him.
These free printable coloring pages are a fun way to learn about America’s history, such as the American Civil War, as well as the interesting and courageous life Abraham Lincoln had. For example, did you know he worked as a shopkeeper, and that he split firewood with an axe for a living?
Download and print our PDF file below, grab some crayons, and watch the children learn with these engaging Abraham Lincoln coloring pages!
10 Facts about Abraham Lincoln
- Abraham Lincoln was born in Kentucky in 1809.
- He was born in a log cabin into a family that struggled a lot financially.
- Lincoln went to school on and off for about a total of a year, and then he just educated himself through borrowed books.
- As a kid, Abraham was very curious and helped his father on their farm.
- He was a self-taught lawyer and passed the bar exam in 1836. Then he gained his nickname, Honest Abe.
- As a young adult, Lincoln worked as a flatboat navigator, storekeeper, soldier, surveyor, and postmaster.
- Abraham had four children: Robert, Tad, Edward, and Willie.
- At 6ft 4in, he’s the tallest president of the USA so far.
- Abraham Lincoln issued a preliminary Emancipation Proclamation, a law to free all slaves.
- As a president, Lincoln’s goal was to unite and hold the country together.
DOWNLOAD ABRAHAM LINCOLN Facts Coloring Pages
How to color these printable coloring pages:
Need coloring supplies? Here are some kid favorites:
- For drawing the outline, a simple pencil can work great.
- Colored pencils are great for coloring in the bat.
- Create a bolder, solid look using fine markers.
- Gel pens come in any color you can imagine.
More History Facts From Kids Activities Blog:
- Here are some Black History Month for kids of all ages
- Check out these 4th of July historical facts that also double as coloring pages
- So many facts about the Johnny Appleseed Story with printable fact pages
What is your favorite Abraham Lincoln fact?