Let’s have some learning fun with these free Christmas fun facts pdf printable sheets & Christmas coloring pages…Christmas is one of my favorite holidays: there’s magic everywhere, delicious food, and fun family time that you don’t get any other time of the year.
Learn About Christmas With Our Christmas Fun Fact Printables
Our love for Christmas made us create these Christmas fun facts that you can print out as either a full-color sheet pdf or the black and white version that doubles as Christmas coloring pages!
How much do you actually know about Christmas? Let’s find out with these fun Christmas facts.
Christmas facts for kids
We made these Christmas printables with kids in mind, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get your own copy and color it too! These Christmas trivia facts are so interesting that you’ll want to share them with your friends and family.
Get ready because you are about to learn 10 fun facts about Christmas that you (probably) didn’t know before! Learning these interesting facts will be so much fun!
Related: Check out these other Christmas activities for kids!
Christmas fun facts
Let’s learn some cool facts about Christmas!
- The origin of the use of Christmas trees goes way back to ancient Egyptians and Romans.
- Santa Claus initially wore clothes that were in green, purple, or blue, that was until Coca-Cola decided to dress him up in colors that match their brand, and that stuck… That’s why he wears red now!
- Alabama was the first state in the US to have recognized Christmas as an official holiday, back in 1836!
- The largest Christmas present ever given is the Statue of Liberty! It was gifted by France to the USA as a Christmas gift in the year 1886.
- “Jingle Bells” was originally a Thanksgiving song!
- And since we’re talking about Jingle Bells, did you know that it was the first song played in space?
- Americans spend an average of $967.13 for the holidays, but of course, individual spending varies widely.
- The first Rockefeller tree was a 20-foot tree with no ornaments or lights that was set up by construction workers who were laboring at the center’s construction site.
- In Germany, Poland, and Ukraine, finding a spider or a spider’s web on a Christmas tree is considered good luck.
- The first Christmas card ever sent is worth almost $30,000.
You’re gonna love that we made two versions of our Christmas fun facts PDF! We made the regular black and white version, and an extra colored version – both are free and ready to be downloaded!
Download Your Christmas Fun Facts PDF File here:
Need coloring supplies? Here are some kid favorites:
- For drawing the outline, a simple pencil can work great.
- Colored pencils are great for coloring in the bat.
- Create a bolder, solid look using fine markers.
- Gel pens come in any color you can imagine.
- Don’t forget a pencil sharpener.
Extra Christmas Fun Facts
- We eat mince pies at Christmas because the spices in them represent the gifts that came from the wise men.
- Each year, on average, over 2 billion Christmas cards are sent each year in the US.
- The first Christmas song, that wasn’t religious (Jesus Refulsit Omnium), and about Santa was is Up on the House Top.
- The most lights on a Christmas tree in the Guinness World Records is 194,672.
- The first candy canes were made in 1670.
- When did the Grinch Stole Christmas Come out? It came out in 1955 and was originally published in a magazine!
- Goose used to be a popular choice of meat for Christmas dinner.
- The first day of Christmas every celebrated was around 336 AD.
- The first artificial Christmas tree was invented in 1930 and was made from brush bristles.
- The yule log you sometimes hear mentioned around Christmas is a pagan tradition that is celebrated by pagans who believe in Norse mythology.
You can find LOADS of super fun coloring pages for kids & adults here. Have fun!
Discover even more Christmas activity resources
1. 1001 Things To Spot At Christmas
This jolly Christmas puzzle-book is stuffed full of Christmas things to find and count. Join Santa Claus and his busy team during the most magical holiday of the year.
2. Christmas Fingerprint Activities
This Christmas finger-printing book includes simple, step-by-step instructions for lots of pictures and scenes to create using only fingerprints, and a multi-colored ink pad is attached to the side of the book, so no extra materials are required.
The colorful inkpad allows children to make fingerprint pictures quickly and easily wherever they are, with no need for brushes. Inks are non-toxic.
3. Christmas Patterns to Color
A fantastic activity book filled with a variety of Christmas themed patterns to color in, providing hours and hours of festive fun.
More Christmas fun from Kids Activities Blog
- Check out this HUGE collection of 250+ best Christmas crafts.
- Watch what happens when a Christmas sweater is put onto this fat cat.
- More Christmas coloring pages for you!
- These printable Christmas games are fun for everyone!
More Christmas Printables From Kids Activities Blog
- These festive Christmas coloring pages for kids are perfect for December!
- Wow! We have over 100 FREE Christmas coloring pages, crafts, and worksheets for kids!
- Christmas isn’t Christmas without these Charlie Brown Christmas coloring pages.
- Love this puppy Christmas coloring page.
- How cool is this Vintage Christmas coloring page?
- This religious Christmas coloring pages are the perfect way to celebrate Jesus.
- So are these Sunday school Christmas coloring pages.
- Have you seen these 12 days of Christmas coloring pages?
- Get your Free Christmas Coloring Book: Twas the Night Before Christmas.
- Want some festive Christmas coloring pages for preschoolers?
- Y’all these free Merry Christmas coloring pages are just too cute!
- As are these adorable and easy Christmas coloring pages.
- We have Christmas coloring pages for adults too!
- Also, look at this cool Nightmare Before Christmas coloring page!
- We also have fun Christmas coloring pages of your favorite characters like Christmas Baby Shark and Christmas Harry Potter coloring pages.
Do you know any Christmas fun facts?