Today we are talking simple Baby Yoda drawing so you can learn how to draw Baby Yoda step by step! As you’ve probably noticed, we love free printables, and today we have the MOST adorable activity that is perfect for fans of Star Wars – especially the Mandalorian!
Kids of all ages (and adults, duh!) will enjoy an afternoon filled with drawing fun with this easy how to draw Baby Yoda tutorial.
It is so simple that even beginners can do it!
The Child Mandalorian: Who is Baby Yoda?
If you’ve kept up with the Star Wars universe and pop culture, you have probably heard of Baby Yoda!
Baby Yoda, who is actually called The Child, is a character from the Star Wars Disney+ original TV series The Mandalorian.
And contrary to popular belief, Baby Yoda is not the Yoda we have seen in the films! However, he is an infant of the same alien species.
Take your love for Baby Yoda one step further and get these baby yoda cute toys that are must-haves!
How to draw Baby Yoda Step-by-Step
This free 4 page step-by-step Baby Yoda drawing easy tutorial is a great indoor activity: it’s easy to follow, doesn’t require a lot of preparation, and the result is a cute Baby Yoda sketch!
How to Create Your Yoda Drawing
Page 1 of the tutorial goes over the first few steps that starts with Baby Yoda’s head as guided by our dear friend BB8…
- Draw an oval shape. Make sure it’s flatter on the top.
- Add an oval at each side.
- Add a cone to each oval. Notice the tip is pointing down.
Page 2 of the drawing tutorial finishes Baby Yoda’s head and starts with basic body shapes…
- Connect the cones and ovals to the head and erase the extra lines.
- Draw three curved lines to make Baby Yoda’s cute ears.
- Draw a square that is rounded on the bottom and comes in a little on the sides for Baby Yoda’s body.
Page 3 of the How to Sketch Baby Yoda instructions concentrate on the body and adding arms…
- Draw a curved rectangle in between Baby Yoda’s body and head.
- Erase the lines inside the rectangle.
- Add two rounded cones for arms.
- Erase the extra lines in Baby Yoda’s body and sleeves.
- Add lines mid-body and mid-sleeve.
- Draw Baby Yoda’s hands – you can think of them as little forks!
Page 4 of the sketch instructions finishes your Baby Yoda drawing and BB8 has some encouraging words…
- Add a couple of ovals for eyes that are a bit tilted.
- Add Baby Yoda face details: glowing circles in the eyes, nose, smile and lines around the eyes.
- You did it! You drew Baby Yoda and it wasn’t hard at all!
Download How to Draw Baby Yoda here:
More easy drawing tutorials
Then you need to check out these cool cartoon things to draw that anyone can try!
Easy skull drawing instructions to make this cool sugar skull.
This creative drawing games for kids uses simple drawing prompts to spark imaginations. Give it a try!
More Baby Yoda fun from Kids Activities Blog
- Grab this free Baby Yoda coloring page! <–it is soooo cute!
- Children will feel protected from the Dark Side with this Baby Yoda light that is completely adorable – and squishy! Or get this amazing Baby Yoda Squishmallow.
- Why not try a Star Wars toilet paper craft? It’s super easy to make and you can place it next to your Star Wars drawing!
- Check out this Baby Yoda backpack to make the next school year fashionable and adorable!
- Listen to this trending Baby Yoda song.
Can’t get enough Baby Yoda?
- Have the best night sleep ever on this Baby Yoda bedding
- You can take the cutest newborn photos ever with a Baby Yoda crochet outfit for your baby
- The force is strong at breakfast time with a Baby Yoda waffle maker
- Bring home your very own Baby Yoda with a Baby Yoda play set from Costco, frog included!
- Back-to-school is much better with a Baby Yoda backpack
- Now you can buy Baby Yoda fruit roll-ups with tongue tattoos
- So many Baby Yoda toys and collectibles that you can add to your own collection