We have cool car coloring pages that kids simply love, but today we are learning how to draw a car with a simple printable tutorial! It’s broken down into small steps so it easy for your kids to go from blank page to a car they can color in a snap!
Most young kids have an obsession with cars. Race cars, elegant cars, sport cars – No matter what’s their favorite kind of car, this tutorial will have them drawing a simple car in a matter of minutes.
How to Make an Easy Car Drawing
Drawing activities are so much fun! Kids can learn step by step how to draw a car and then customize it with colors and details so it can be as cool or classy as they want to.
Besides being a fun screen-free activity, learning how to draw a car is a creative, and colorful art experience for kids of all ages that helps them develop their creativity and imagination.
There are Just 9 Easy Steps to Draw Cars
Everyone can learn how to draw a car! Grab a pencil and follow these simple instructions:
- Let’s start by drawing a rectangle; notice the front and top right corner are rounded.
- Draw a trapeze with round edges, and erase extra lines.
- Add three concentric circles on each side.
- For the bumpers, draw two rounded rectangles on each side.
- Add a line around the wheels and at the bottom of the main figure.
- Draw two curved lines on each side – these are our car’s headlights.
- To make the windows, draw two rectangles with rounded corners.
- Add lines to make the doors, half a circle for the mirror, and a small door handle.
- You’re done! You can add details and make other changes as you like.
Ta-daa! Now you have a cool car drawing!
I recommend printing these car drawing instructions because it’s easier to follow each step with a visual example.
Download How To Draw A Car Here:
More easy drawing tutorials:
- How to draw a shark easy tutorial for kids who are obsessed with sharks!
- Why not try learning how to draw Baby Shark too?
- You can learn how to draw a skull with this easy tutorial.
- And my favorite: how to draw Baby Yoda tutorial!
Need supplies for coloring? Here are some kid favorites:
This post contains affiliate links.
- For drawing the outline, a simple pencil can work great.
- Colored pencils are great for coloring in the bat.
- Create a bolder, solid look using fine markers.
- Gel pens come in any color you can imagine.
You can find all kinds of awesome coloring pages for kids & adults here. Have fun!
More car fun from Kids Activities Blog
- Download and print these cool car coloring pages.
- See how a water bottle could set your car on fire in this incredible video.
- Teach your kids about the rules of the road with these traffic & stop sign coloring pages.
- Watch this bear video as it rides in a sidecar in the middle of traffic!
How did your car drawing turn out?