Today we are learning how to draw a Sugar Skull with simple step by step instructions that you can print for reference.
Skull drawing might feel a little intimidating because of the level of detail, but this easy skull sketch tutorial will take away all the fear. You will start by learning to draw illustration and then transform it into a sugar skull drawing.
Today we are helping our kids develop their creativity and improve their motor skills by drawing a sugar skull! Follow along the skull drawing easy instructions and print for later reference. The printable set is a complete skull drawing lesson and it is free!
If you are looking for cute pictures to draw, you are in the right place. This is part of our collection of easy how to draw ideas for kids (and adults will love learning through these easy printable tutorials).
Step by Step Instructions for Sugar Skull Drawing
Today’s tutorial printable pack will be useful for kids who love drawing and coloring.
Your kids will be able to create their own beautiful sugar skull
This pack includes 3 printable pages with detailed instructions to make a beautiful sugar skull. Just follow the easy instructions and color the sugar skull once you’re done!
First, draw an oval as the basis of the skull.
On the lower quarter, draw a rectangle.
Draw a second oval inside the square you just drew.
Now erase all the extra lines of the ovals and rectangle.
Let’s add ovals for the two eyes.
Draw an upside down heart for a nose.
Draw a curved line for the smile and small vertical curved lines for teeth.
Erase all the extra lines and you are done with your skull drawing! You can stop right here if you desire a simple skull drawing or move on to step 9 to make this a sugar skull drawing!
Get creative and decorate your Sugar Skull!
Download & Print Sugar Skull Drawing Instructions:
Now it is time to celebrate how awesome your drawing turned out!
Free Day of the Dead Art Ideas
Day of the dead art is super colorful so make sure to use as many colors as possible!
Vibrant colors are the most used, but let your kid choose whatever colors they prefer. So grab your pencil to draw and crayons, markers, colored pencils and paint to decorate!
We love the idea of using the easy sugar skull drawing technique as part of your Day of the Dead for kids celebration. <–Click for a whole bunch more ideas!
Easy Drawing Ideas
Children love drawing! Even when following a step by step drawing tutorial, each kid’s drawing is unique; from the way they hold the crayon, to the colors they choose.
And not only that, but drawing activities will give your little one a confidence boost! Being able to make simple drawings is one of the best and easiest activities to build self-esteem.
Kids love arts and crafts, and what better way to spend family quality time than doing engaging kids activities! We have over 4500 fun activities for kids like classroom prints, worksheets, printable coloring pages, crafts, scrapbooking ideas, and so much more.
Another great activity for kids who enjoy drawing and coloring are zentangles; zentangles patterns for kids are easy to follow and the end result is a beautiful image.
More Fun for Young Artists
- These sugar skull coloring pages are perfect to celebrate day of the dead.
- Mattel released a limited edition barbie day of the dead and I can’t wait to have it!
- Pika Pika! Kids will love these pokemon colouring pages!
- Check out this! My first crayola released coloring products with different skin tone shades.
- And here’s more! Crayola released 24 crayola flesh tone crayons so everyone can color themselves accurately.
- This self portrait for kids is a great idea to inspire kids and help them express themselves.
- Baby Shark doo-doo-doo… Learn how to draw a baby shark in easy steps!
- Learn how to make shadow art for a cool STEM activity.
- Sewing is a great skill to learn as a child, that’s why we have these easy sewing ideas for kids. It’s perfect for a bonding activity, too!
- Wow! This video will teach you how to draw a 3d ball that looks super realistic.
- How to draw cartoons for kids is something that artsy kids often want to learn. We’ll teach you how!
- It may seem easy, but teaching kids how to draw a straight line with a ruler isn’t that simple! This activity is super fun and educational at the same time.
- We have captain underpants drawing and lessons for free here!
- You can get a baby shark kit to make a shark doodle cartoon!
- These studies show how does drawing help kids development.
Learning how to make cool drawings is so much fun! It may surprise you, but toddlers as young as 15 months old can draw too! Let them express their creativity with crayons, washable felt tips, or paint.|
Still looking for more holiday printables? Find more cute pictures to draw and other fun crafts in our holiday activities for kids! Whether you are celebrating Halloween, Christmas or 4th of July, we have tons of ideas for each date.