Would you like to draw a cartoon tiger? Now you can with our free step-by-step how to draw a tiger tutorial!
Scroll down to find a download button, print the step-by-step images to follow along, and in a matter of minutes, your tiger drawing will be all ready to be shared with your friends and family.
Simple how to draw a tiger easy steps
Roar! This tiger drawing tutorial has everything: from how to draw the tiger’s stripes, to the paws, and even the tail and claws.
We created this drawing guide with kids in mind, so everyone can join in regardless of their age or drawing experience. This tutorial is perfect for everyone that simply wants to learn how to draw a tiger.
Learning how to draw a cartoon tiger helps kids increase their imagination, enhance their fine motor and coordination skills, and develop a healthy way of displaying their emotions.
Grab your pencil and let’s get started!
Let’s learn how to draw a tiger
Follow this easy how to draw a tiger step-by-step tutorial and you will be drawing your own in no time:
Let’s start drawing our tiger! Draw a circle and add a rounded rectangle. Notice it’s smaller at the top.
Add two circles and erase extra lines – these are the ears.
Add an arched line to the head.
To make the tiger’s body, add a drop shape. Notice the bottom is flatter than the upper part.
Add two arched lines straight down the middle – they look like a ‘W’!
Now add two big ovals to the sides and two horizontal smaller ones. These are the legs and paws.
Draw a tail using curved lines and half a circle to each ear.
Great! Let’s add some details. Draw little ovals for the eyes, a triangle for the nose, also add a line coming down from the nose and stripes to the whole body.
Well done! You can add fangs or other details you want.
Good job! Your tiger sketch is all done! Get your crayons and give it fun colors!
Download Your Free Printable How To Draw A Tiger Tutorial PDF File here:
How did your tiger turn out?
More How To Draw
Need coloring supplies? Here are some kid favorites:
- For drawing the outline, a simple pencil can work great.
- Colored pencils are great for coloring in the bat.
- Create a bolder, solid look using fine markers.
- Gel pens come in any color you can imagine.
- Don’t forget a pencil sharpener.
You can find LOADS of super fun coloring pages for kids & adults here. Have fun!
More drawing fun from Kids Activities Blog
- How to draw a leaf – use this step-by-step instruction set for making your own beautiful leaf drawing
- How to draw an elephant – this is an easy tutorial on drawing a flower
- How to draw Pikachu – OK, this is one of my favorites! Make your own easy Pikachu drawing
- How to draw a panda – Make your own cute pig drawing by following these instructions
- How to draw a turkey – kids can make their own tree drawing by following along these printable steps
- How to draw Sonic the Hedgehog – simple steps to making a Sonic the Hedgehog drawing
- How to draw a fox – make a beautiful fox drawing with this drawing tutorial
- How to draw a turtle– easy steps for making a turtle drawing
- See all of our printable tutorials on how to draw <–by clicking here!
Discover even more How to Draw activity resources
The Big Drawing Book
By following the very simple step-by-steps in this fun drawing book you can draw dolphins diving in the sea, knights guarding a castle, monster faces, buzzing bees, and lots, lots more.
Drawing Doodling and Coloring
An excellent book filled with doodling, drawing and coloring activities. On some of the pages you’ll find ideas for what to do, but you can do whatever you like.
Write and Draw Your Own Comics
Write and Draw Your Own Comics is full of inspiring ideas for all kinds of different stories, with writing tips to help you on your way. for kids who want to tell stories, but gravitate toward pictures. It has a mix of partially-drawn comics and blank panels with intro comics as instructions – lots of space for kids to draw their own comics!
More Tiger Crafts and Activities From Kids Activities Blog:
- These jumbo tiger coloring pages are the cutest.
- Your kids will love these free baby tiger coloring pages.
- This zentangle tiger coloring page is terrific.
- How realistic are these tiger coloring pages for kids and adults.
- T is for tiger.
- I love these kid-made craft stick tigers.
- You can use a foam cup to make a tiger!
How did your tiger drawing turn out? Comment below and let us know. We’d love to hear from you!