Learning how to draw a house is something most kids want to learn as soon as they grab a pencil… and that’s why we created this house drawing tutorial. Our free how-to-draw a house easy tutorial includes three pages with detailed steps on how to create your own house sketch, a perfect activity for those days you need a quiet afternoon. Grab your pencil and let’s get started! Use this easy house sketch guide at home or in the classroom.
Make A House Drawing Easy For Kids
Whether your kid wants to learn how to draw a haunted house, or how to draw a dream house, we’ve got your back because our tutorial on how to draw a simple house is free and ready to be downloaded. Click the button to print our how to draw a simple house printable tutorial before getting started:
This house drawing tutorial has six easy steps to draw a simple house that anyone can follow. The best part is that it’s extremely customizable, so you or your little one can add as many details, patterns, and colors as wanted. You can draw a chimney, a cute porch, maybe even add some trees and clouds. We recommend downloading and printing this tutorial so you and your little ones can use them as a visual guide.
How To Draw A House Step by Step – Easy
Follow this easy how to draw a big house step-by-step tutorial to learn how to draw a simple house.
Let’s start! First, draw a rectangle.
Add a trapezium on top of the rectangle, and erase extra lines.
Draw the tip of a triangle in the upper center.
Draw two lines coming down from the triangle, and erase all extra lines.
Now it’s time for details! Add rectangles to make the door and windows, and a small circle to draw the doorknob.
Now you can add as many details and color it as you want! Well done!
Your house sketch is done! Yay! You can add more windows, a tree, a puppy enjoying the sun… it’s completely up to you.
Download Simple House Drawing Lesson PDF File:
Recommended Drawing Supplies
- For drawing the outline, a simple pencil can work great.
- You will need an eraser!
- Colored pencils are great for coloring in the bat.
- Create a bolder, solid look using fine markers.
- Gel pens come in any color you can imagine.
- Don’t forget a pencil sharpener.
You can find LOADS of super fun coloring pages for kids & adults here. Have fun!
More Easy Drawing Lessons For Kids
- How to draw a leaf – use this step-by-step instruction set for making your own beautiful leaf drawing
- How to draw an elephant – this is an easy tutorial on drawing a flower
- How to draw Pikachu – OK, this is one of my favorites! Make your own easy Pikachu drawing
- How to draw a panda – Make your own cute pig drawing by following these instructions
- How to draw a turkey – kids can make their own tree drawing by following along these printable steps
- How to draw Sonic the Hedgehog – simple steps to making a Sonic the Hedgehog drawing
- How to draw a fox – make a beautiful fox drawing with this drawing tutorial
- How to draw a turtle– easy steps for making a turtle drawing
Great Books For More Drawing Fun
The Big Drawing Book
By following the very simple step-by-steps in this fun drawing book you can draw dolphins diving in the sea, knights guarding a castle, monster faces, buzzing bees, and lots, lots more.
Drawing Doodling and Coloring
An excellent book filled with doodling, drawing and coloring activities. On some of the pages you’ll find ideas for what to do, but you can do whatever you like.
Write and Draw Your Own Comics
Write and Draw Your Own Comics is full of inspiring ideas for all kinds of different stories, with writing tips to help you on your way. for kids who want to tell stories, but gravitate toward pictures. It has a mix of partially-drawn comics and blank panels with intro comics as instructions – lots of space for kids to draw their own comics!
More House Fun From Kids Activities Blog:
- Check out these fun whimsical house coloring sheets.
- Don’t forget to check out these spooky house coloring sheets.
- H is for house coloring pages.
- We have even more whimsical houses and coloring pages you can check out.
More drawing lessons from kids activities blog:
Learn how to draw a wolf with this easy printable lesson!
How did your house drawing turn out? Comment below, we’d love to hear from you!