Learning how to draw a book is a fun and creative activity for those of us who have artsy children – and it’s easier than you’d imagine! So if your little one loves books, stick around for this book drawing tutorial.
Our step-by-step book drawing tutorial includes three printable pages with detailed instructions and images on how to draw a book. Are you ready? Grab your pencil and your notebook and let’s get started!
Easy steps to draw a book
Kids that love reading books – or have books read to them – will love learning how to draw a book. Maybe they will draw their favorite book, or simply create a whole new title. Who knows? It’s time to let their imagination run wild!
To make following our drawing tutorial easier for your little one, we recommend downloading and printing it – this way, they can follow along each of the steps. You can find the download button below!
9 Simple Steps to the Cutest Book Drawing
Follow this easy how-to-draw a book step-by-step tutorial and you will be drawing your own in no time!
Let’s get started! First, draw a rectangle.
Make the top left tip rounded.
Draw another rectangle and erase extra lines.
Make the bottom left tip rounded.
Recreate the line of the bottom shape.
Connect the top and bottom shapes with a curved line.
Draw another curved line.
Let’s add details! Add lines and shapes to create the cover, and a little flag.
Congratulate yourself for this amazing book drawing you just did!
Now color your book, give it a title, and add a little doodle if you feel like it!
Download Your Free How To Draw A Book PDF FIle Tutorial here:
How did your book turn out?
More How To Draw
Need coloring supplies? Here are some kid favorites:
- For drawing the outline, a simple pencil can work great.
- Colored pencils are great for coloring in the bat.
- Create a bolder, solid look using fine markers.
- Gel pens come in any color you can imagine.
- Don’t forget a pencil sharpener.
You can find LOADS of super fun coloring pages for kids & adults here. Have fun!
More drawing fun from Kids Activities Blog
- How to draw a leaf – use this step-by-step instruction set for making your own beautiful leaf drawing
- How to draw an elephant – this is an easy tutorial on drawing a flower
- How to draw Pikachu – OK, this is one of my favorites! Make your own easy Pikachu drawing
- How to draw a panda – Make your own cute pig drawing by following these instructions
- How to draw a turkey – kids can make their own tree drawing by following along these printable steps
- How to draw Sonic the Hedgehog – simple steps to making a Sonic the Hedgehog drawing
- How to draw a fox – make a beautiful fox drawing with this drawing tutorial
- How to draw a turtle– easy steps for making a turtle drawing
- See all of our printable tutorials on how to draw <–by clicking here!
Discover even more How to Draw activity resources
The Big Drawing Book
By following the very simple step-by-steps in this fun drawing book you can draw dolphins diving in the sea, knights guarding a castle, monster faces, buzzing bees, and lots, lots more.
Drawing Doodling and Coloring
An excellent book filled with doodling, drawing and coloring activities. On some of the pages you’ll find ideas for what to do, but you can do whatever you like.
Write and Draw Your Own Comics
Write and Draw Your Own Comics is full of inspiring ideas for all kinds of different stories, with writing tips to help you on your way. for kids who want to tell stories, but gravitate toward pictures. It has a mix of partially-drawn comics and blank panels with intro comics as instructions – lots of space for kids to draw their own comics!