February is Black History Month! What a great time to learn about and celebrate African Americans– present-day and historical! We have a great list of Black History Month books, activities, and games for you and your littles.
Black History Month Activities for Kids!
- Play Red Light, Green Light and Talk about Garrett Morgan.
- Play a Game of Telephone and Talk about Granville T. Woods.
- Play Chemistry Games and Talk about Percy Julian.
- Make a Toilet Paper Train and Talk about Elijah McCoy.
- Check Out These Pretend Play Doctor Printables and Teach about Patricia Bath.
- Check Out These 15 Children’s Books. via Family Education
- Have Fun with these 29 Days of Crafts. via Creative Child
- Check Out These Great Ideas for How to Teach Your Child About Black History Month. via PBS Kids
- Amazing Black History Month Lessons and Resources. via National Education Association
- Perfect Black History Month Books and Interviews with Their Authors! via Reading Rockets
- Fun and Educational Black History Month Printables! via Education
- Play This Find The Inventor Game. via Maryland Families Engage
What are your favorite Black History Month activities? Let us know in the comments!