You know how we all love Costco here at Kids Activities Blog, but today we have a special Costco wedding cake idea.
Costco has wedding cakes?
Well, we think you are really going to like this as one of the best Costco cake hacks around if you are trying to save money at your wedding or next big celebration.
The costs for wedding cakes can easily run into the hundreds, even thousands, of dollars, and there is no guarantee that the cake is even going to be tasty.
At the very least, it’d look pretty though.
Wedding Cake Hacks
To save money, many brides and grooms have chosen wedding cake hacks that can decrease the cost while still making the wedding eventful. Here are some that you may have seen:
- Use fake tiers in the wedding cake…yes, some of those beautifully frosted layers are foam…ick!
- Have a smaller wedding cake for show and cutting while having sheet cakes to serve the guests in the back.
- Choose a non-traditional wedding cake that is actually single tiers sitting on platforms (that is what I did so many years ago).
- Decorate with flowers instead of needing the mad skills of a pastry Chef.
None of those seem like the ultimate solution…
Costco Wedding Cake
Well, all of that is about to change because Instagrammer @CottageFarmhouse shared an amazing wedding cake hack that is guaranteed to provide an awesomely flavorful cake for a fraction of the cost–just head to Costco!
Costco Sheet Cakes
Everyone loves a Costco sheet cake and this wedding cake is made from two of Costco’s regular cakes. Instead of hundreds, this cake was put together for around $50!
I love the flavor of the Costco sheet cake and you know that the guests will too.
Stacking Costco Sheet Cakes
She explains that her brother and his wife bought two sheet cakes, cut them into varying sizes, then stacked them to form a layered cake.
The cakes were re-iced with buttercream icing, and the bride and groom purchased $10 worth of flowers at Trader Joe’s for decorations.
They even found the cake stand at Hobby Lobby for another deal.
View this post on Instagram
Y’all this DIY cake! It is no secret my bother is frugal…but this wedding took frugality to a whole new level. They bought two @costco cakes, cut them, stacked them, re-iced with buttercream icing, and covered with $10 @traderjoes flowers. Boom a $50 DIY Cake! Displayed on the stand I built using stuff from @hobbylobby …beautiful on a budget! The wedding was fun, but a sigh of relief we can get back to regularly scheduled projects around here. ?? . . . ETA: My sister-in-law’s brother-in-law, @chefjwarley was in town from England for the wedding and took their idea of the cheap wedding Costco cake and threw it all together in a couple of hours at the venue the day before the wedding! Go follow him! (Didn’t know he had an IG, or I would have tagged him!). . . #hoylewedding2019 #countryweddingstyle #countrywedding #countryweddings #weddingcake #costcofinds #costcodeals #diycake #diycakes #diycakestand #costcodoesitagain #costcocake #traderjoes #traderjoeslove #traderjoesfinds #traderjoesflowers #hobbylobby #hobbylobbyfinds #hobbylobbyfarmhouse #hobbylobbydecor #hobbylobbywedding #hobbylobbylove
This beautiful cake looked super professional, tasted great, and didn’t cost the bride and groom an arm and a leg to put it together.
Can you imagine the possibilities for birthday cakes with this hack? Amazing and just one more reason to love Costco!
More Costco & Hacks You Will Love from Kids Activities Blog
- If you don’t love this wedding cake hack, then you might just be the perfect person for a cheese wedding cake. Not cheesecake. Cheese cake.
- Need a laugh, watch this flower girl video. She has weddings all figured out.
- Check out more cake mix hacks to save the day with a boxed cake!
- Ooooo! These rainbow cake bites could be a really cool celebration cake….also a Costco favorite.
- How to make your own easy homemade cake mix in case there isn’t a Costco close by.
Did you love the Costco wedding cake?