This Halloween dessert is the perfect thing to make with kids. It is NOT a scary Halloween food because it is no-bake! Kids Activities Blog loves exploring ways that you can get your kids involved in the kitchen and this no-bake Halloween treat is the cutest thing!
I love simple and fun ways to celebrate holidays. Around the holidays, in our home, life is a little overwhelming. I get 3 different notes from teachers asking us to send a treat with our child. Depending on the holiday we also send something for the teachers and we usually like to do something at home for the family. If we are invited to a Halloween party we are also making something. To say the least, I spend a lot of time in the kitchen, which is why I am always looking for shortcuts that don’t require tons of baking.
Here is a lovely way to dress up those snack cakes that you can usually get in the store for one dollar. Grab your moon pies or whatever snack cake you choose and unwrap them and start this fun edible Halloween activity. Your kids are going to want to help so this is something they can do. It’s pretty simple to liven up these little guys, see below.
You will need:
- Snack cakes that are already covered in chocolate
- White chocolate candy melts and some dark chocolate candy melts
- mini chocolate morsels for the eyes
Since your snack cakes are already covered in chocolate this will only take you 5 minutes. If you don’t want to use snack cakes you can also cover a sandwich cookie in chocolate.
For the Mummy:
1. Grab your white chocolate snack cake even if it’s swirled on top with dark chocolate that is fine because you will be able to cover it with this step. In a baggie place your candy melts and microwave them just enough for them to melt (follow the directions on the packaging). Be careful taking it out of the microwave because it will be hot.
2. Tie the end of the bag of melted chocolate, you have created your own icing piping bag. Snip off a very small tip off the end and begin swirling it over the top of your white chocolate snack cake. Cover it with the chocolate and then add the mini chocolate morsels at the top for the eyes.
3. Stick your skewer or popsicle stick through it, just enough to give it some stability.
For the Bat:
1. Do the same as above in step #2 for melting the dark chocolate. Place 2 dots for the eyes on the Chocolate snack cake and place your mini chocolate morsels on it to make the eyes.
2. For the bat wings. You will need to “draw” bat wings on wax paper with your chocolate and let it dry. Once it’s dry peel it off and “glue” it on the back of your bat with chocolate.
3. Stick your skewer through it and your done!
See how precious this Halloween dessert is?
More Kids Activities
After you create this simple Halloween dessert, then here are a few of our other favorite Halloween food, Halloween kids activities and Halloween crafts:
- Super cute Halloween crafts making footprints into ghosts – boo!
- Black cat Halloween crafts for kids
- What happens to a rotting pumpkin?