Today, we have free printable money math worksheets! Kids of all ages will have so much fun with these educational free printable money math worksheets. Preschoolers, kindergarteners, and elementary aged kids can all really benefit using these simple money math worksheets. Download and print these math worksheets which are perfect for using at home or in the classroom to learn about money and counting.
Printable Money Math Worksheets For Kids
Math can be hard and dull. But it doesn’t have to be! These money math worksheets make it fun and easy to learn. Younger children and older children will both benefit from using these money math worksheets to not only explore addition, but subtraction, different coins, their amounts, and problem solving. Click the orange button to download and print these money math worksheets now:
This budget-friendly math activity is going to keep your little one busy and learning for a hot minute! Plus, it’s never too early to teach children about money and money management.
Related: Check out our free printable wallet with play money!
This post contains affiliate links.
Supplies Suggested To Use These Free Money Math Worksheets
How We Used Our Free Money Math Worksheets
Print it and cut the problems into strips and partially fill them out for your kids to solve.
In the first math worksheet it reads: ” ______ NICKLES = ______.”
We would fill in one blank and the kids had to “solve” the answer. So ___ NICKLES = 25 cents and we would leave a single nickle in there. My daughter would need to add 4 more nickles to equal 25 cents. She could also work backwards. Another strip of paper could read: ” _ 5 _ DIMES = _____” – she would need to count out five dimes, put them into the egg and write the amount (50 Cents) on the slip of paper.
We also had a version for my older child to get some extra practice. We wrote the total on the outside of the egg, say $1.58, or another random number.
Then I would pick random coins and put them into the egg. If the coins in the egg were too many, she would have to remove some to make the total. If there was not enough money to make that total, she would need to add more coins to create that amount and fill the egg.
Our egg money math station was one of the kids favorite ways to play, count and learn with coins.
DOWNLOAD Your Free Printable Money Math Worksheets PDF File Here
This money math worksheets page is sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
My Experience With These Fun And Simple Money Math Worksheets
When I was a teacher I loved using stations, now as a homeschooling parent I still enjoy making “stations” for the kids. I think that “station” or project activities for school help make learning more real, less theoretical.
As our house is swimming in Easter Eggs (and it’s not even Easter yet!!) We used some of our eggs to make two math stations for my kiddos. One station for basic addition of coins, and grouping of coins, the other for coming up with a total. We created a math worksheet printable.
- Plastic Eggs
- Money Math Worksheet Printables
- Coins (Real or plastic)
- Egg Carton
- Download and print out your money math worksheets.
- Cut the worksheets into strips.
- Partially fill out the blanks so your kids will have problems to solve.
- Fill out the latter half i.e -------nickels=25 cents.
- You can also add a total outside the plastic eggs and fill them with random coins and your child will then have to figure out to add or subtract.
- Then let them fill out the papers with the amounts.
More Math Fun From Kids Activities Blog
Here are some more math activities for kids:
- Math is Fun
- Math Games for Kids
- Math Word Sentences
- How did you help your kids understand money concepts??
- Help your child get ready for school after a long summer with this back to school color by number worksheet!
- Fuel your child’s love for math at an early age with these math sight words.
- This addition color by number is a fun twist on the beloved worksheet.
- Your kids will love these super fun math games.
- These apple math games are the best!
- Start learning geometry early with these math games with shapes.
- Be active with these active math games.
- Your little ones will enjoy these spooky Halloween math games.
- Beat the heat with this snowball math game!
- These Valentine’s day math games will make you love math!
- Check out this water bead science experiment that combines math and science!
- You’ll enjoy this super cool math game.
- These shark math games will help you chomp away the hours.
- These baby shark color by number worksheets are cute and fun.
- Check out these free printable math sight words flashcards.
- Here are 12 more cool math games!
How will you use these free printable money math worksheets? Tell us your ideas!