Math sight words sentences are hard for some elementary aged kiddos.
One of my children excels in math, until it comes to word sentences.
He is reading, but not quite confident enough for his brain to read and solve math equations at the same time as deciphering words.
Time for a confidence booster!
I went through the math work sheets that he had most recently completed and we wrote down all the common words. I was amazed at how many of the words repeated between the questions.
See the printable that we made filled with the common math words. We printed out the words and made a set of cards to help our son gain confidence.
Mix-up the words and grab handfuls of beads or other small objects. We loved using our tan puzzle pieces.
I hope this will help him in the future.
Print your own word flash cards to help your kids learn the sight words used in many math word problems.
Check out our other resources to teach kids sight words:
- Sight words game using your kids toys.
- Math Number Words.
- Beach Ball Word Toss.
- Common Opposite Words.
We Have More Activities You May Like:
- Your child will love these fun math games.
- Keep your little ones busy with these printable free activity sheets.
- Learning long division games makes learning math easy!
- We have plenty of awesome games to help with math.
- Make reading festive with this color by sight word halloween activity.
- Get active with this sight word scavenger hunt!
- Learn about finances with these money math worksheets.
- Don’t spend a ton of money! We have plenty of printable flashcards.
- Help your child be more mindful of others with these listening games for kids.
- Work on your child’s critical thinking with this where’s waldo printable.
- Make learning easy with these no prep science experiments.
- Screen time can be a good thing with these educational youtube channels.
- Is your little one just discovering numbers? These activities to teach numbers are a great place to start.
- Ditch the screen with these screen free learning activities.
- Thou child shall love these medieval themed crafts!
- Looking for more fun activities? We have plenty of zentangle coloring pages!