Let’s play with math today! We have a list of the best homemade cool math games that make math fun! So whether you are looking for entertainment or a learning math game for home, homeschool or the classroom…we have the best cool math game ideas around. There are so many ways to play with numbers…
Best DIY Cool Math Games
Why math games? We home-school and as we have added new kiddos to our family we ended our “school time” earlier than normal and I am looking for ways to ease back into a form of “catch-up” school time with some fun games.
Related: More fun math games for kids
These cool math games are perfect for helping our kids keep learning alive and refreshing their math skills.
1. Negative Number Hopscotch
Thanks to Learning Ideas for inspiring today’s theme. I just LOVE her hopscotch in positive and negative numbers. That is brilliant. I have struggled incorporating negative numbers into our kids curriculum.
2. Flyswatter Game
Number Fly Swatter Game – This game is silly and will get the wiggles and giggles out as well!
3. Dice Math Game
Numbers Card Game – This simple game can be created with a few pieces of paper and dice. It will help those who are learning numbers.
4. Shape Math
Geometric shapes – Here is a hands-on activity to get kids feeling math!
5. Homemade Dominoes
Make stone dominoes. I love how they made a set of stones labeled with both numbers and one with the amount. Great for young learners.
6. Snap Plus One
Snap Plus One – This game is great for elementary age kids. It is a card game with a twist.
7. Number Toss
Play number toss. This game is super simple to make with an old egg carton. What a fun and versatile math game.
8. Collage Math
Shape Collage – This simple game for preschoolers teaches geometry with play.
9. Number Hunt
Go on a number hunt. Have your sheet of math problems and when your kids figure out the answer have them let you know by running to the number!
10. Dominoes & a Deck of Cards
Dominos and a Deck of Cards – Math concepts are fun and games with these traditional family game night supplies!
11. Water Bead Math
Water Bead Math Game – I love the feel of these and they can be put in play for math too!
12. Tic Tac Toe Cool Math
Playing Tic-Tac-Toe with negative versus even numbers.
More Cool Math Games & Resources for Kids
- Online Math Games – If you kids love to play games on the computer–these are some of our free favorites.
- Fun math games – a list of some of our favorite math board games and dice games.
- Need a preschool Christmas math worksheet?
- Try these Halloween math games kids will love!
- Or these Halloween math worksheets you can download & print for free.
- These Easter math worksheets are so cute and fun!
- More cool math games for kids and super fun math games.
- Check out these free printable math sight words flashcards.
- Check out these awesome math counting beads activities.
- See this cool math game using a flyswatter!
What math game are you going to try first at your house?