Ready for a fun math game that will teach your kids about numbers? Kids of all ages will love this simple math game. It’s particularly great for toddlers, preschoolers, and even kindergarteners. Use this fun math game at home or in the classroom. All you need is paper, markers, and dice making this numerals math game budget-friendly.
Simple Math Game For Kids
Using a math game can make learning numbers fun for young children. Check out this fun way to help your child with their early math skills. Math isn’t always fun, but you can make it fun! So fun in fact, kids won’t even realize they’re learning.
Supplies Needed To Play This Fun Math Game To Learn Numbers
Make your own numeral cards:
How to Play This Simple Numeral Math Game:
This is an easy to play math game.
Place the numeral cards face up on the ground.
Take turns to roll the die and pick up the corresponding numeral card. If the card has already been taken, the child forfeits a turn.
Play until all the cards have been taken. You can play as a team with the goal of picking up all the cards.
Or you could have a competition to see who can pick up the most cards.
When children are just learning numbers, it is important to consider that identifying a numeral and naming a numeral are different skills.
- An example of identifying a numeral: A child is asked to point to a card with the number ‘two’ on it. He/she points to a card with the numeral ‘two’ on it.
- An example of naming a numeral: A child is able to say the number word ‘two’ when presented with a numeral card with the numeral ‘two’ on it.
Some children may be able to identify numerals, but find it difficult to name a numeral. As such, it is important to ensure children are given opportunities to practice both identifying and naming numerals. Both are important for a child who is learning numbers.
Skills Kids Will Learn With This Simple Game For Kids
This math game helps children work towards:
- Naming and identifying numerals. These skills are required so that we can record our math.
- Using the correct corresponding numeral for a given set of objects.
More Great Math Games For Kids From Kids Activities Blog
For more math game ideas and kids activities involving learning numbers, please take a look at what the Quirky Mommas have been doing:
- Math Games for Learning Numbers
- Cool Math Games for Kids: Online and FREE!
- Counting Game for Kids
- Cool Math Games
- Free Printable Math Sight Words Flashcards For Kids
- Colorful Math Art Project For Kids Inspired By The Artist Klee
- 12 Cool Math Games For Kids That You Can Make And Play
- Fortune Teller Math Games For Kids To Practice Math Skills
- DIY Math Puzzlers
- Expanded Form Math Worksheet and Place Value Game To Print And Play
- LEGO Math Skip Counting Activity
- Fantastic Cool Math Games and Computer Programs For Preschoolers
- 10 Cool and Fun Math Games For Kids
- 30+ Super Fun Math Games
- The number coloring pages are the best for learning numbers 0-9.
- Learn fractions using food! Math has never been so tasty.
- Here’s how you can teach your kids about rhyming!
- Check out these fun pet math activities for preschoolers!
Have your tried out this fun math game? Did your kids have fun?