Twinkle twinkle little star…
Learning how to draw a star is one of the easiest drawings even the youngest kids can learn – and so much fun too! Simply follow the step-by-step tutorials and start making your star drawings in no time.
When you download our star drawing tutorial, you will get two printable pages with six detailed steps on how to draw a cartoon star. We recommend printing this tutorial so kids can use it as a visual guide!
Make an easy star drawing!
Stars are so pretty, it’s no surprise most kids will want to learn how to draw a star at some point!
Drawing is more than a simple fun activity: when you add a drawing activity to your kid’s day, you’re helping them increase their imagination, enhance their fine motor and coordination skills, and develop a healthy way of displaying their emotions, among other things.
Easy steps to draw a star
Follow this easy how-to-draw a star step-by-step tutorial and you will be drawing your own star drawings in no time.
Print our step by step tutorial and follow these simple instructions:
- First, draw a vertical line.
- Add another line across the first line.
- Draw another line, just like the last one, but on the opposite direction – it will look like an X.
- Draw another X. Notice this time it’s flatter.
- Connect all the lines and erase extra lines.
- Wow! You can round the tips and add different details. Get creative!
Amazing job! Your star looks incredibly! You can draw a group of stars and make your own starry sky.
How did your star drawing turn out?
More How To Draw
Need coloring supplies? Here are some kid favorites:
- For drawing the outline, a simple pencil can work great.
- Colored pencils are great for coloring in the bat.
- Create a bolder, solid look using fine markers.
- Gel pens come in any color you can imagine.
You can find LOADS of super fun coloring pages for kids & adults here. Have fun!
More drawing fun from Kids Activities Blog
- How to draw a leaf – use this step-by-step instruction set for making your own beautiful leaf drawing
- How to draw an elephant – this is an easy tutorial on drawing a flower
- How to draw Pikachu – OK, this is one of my favorites! Make your own easy Pikachu drawing
- How to draw a panda – Make your own cute pig drawing by following these instructions
- How to draw a turkey – kids can make their own tree drawing by following along these printable steps
- How to draw Sonic the Hedgehog – simple steps to making a Sonic the Hedgehog drawing
- How to draw a fox – make a beautiful fox drawing with this drawing tutorial
- How to draw a turtle– easy steps for making a turtle drawing
- See all of our printable tutorials on how to draw <–by clicking here!
Discover even more How to Draw activity resources
The Big Drawing Book
By following the very simple step-by-steps in this fun drawing book you can draw dolphins diving in the sea, knights guarding a castle, monster faces, buzzing bees, and lots, lots more.
Drawing Doodling and Coloring
An excellent book filled with doodling, drawing and coloring activities. On some of the pages you’ll find ideas for what to do, but you can do whatever you like.
Write and Draw Your Own Comics
Write and Draw Your Own Comics is full of inspiring ideas for all kinds of different stories, with writing tips to help you on your way. for kids who want to tell stories, but gravitate toward pictures. It has a mix of partially-drawn comics and blank panels with intro comics as instructions – lots of space for kids to draw their own comics!