Easy How to Draw a Tree – Simple Steps Kids Can Print
Learning how to draw a tree is one of the simplest things children can learn to draw, and our step by step easy tree drawing instructions will have them drawing a forest in 1-2-3. Learning how to draw a tree is easy enough that even the youngest ones can do it. Use this printable tree drawing lesson at home or in the classroom.
Create a simple tree drawing
This printable how to draw a tree step by step tutorial includes two pages, divided into short steps to make the process as clear as possible. Learning how to draw trees is a lot easier than you may think, so let’s dive right in by clicking the green button to download:
Easy Steps to Draw a Tree
Go grab your favorite pencil, a piece of paper, and let’s get started making our own tree drawing…
Draw a circle (it doesn’t have to be perfect!)
Add two more circles of different sizes on each side of the first circle.
Draw three more circles at the bottom.
Erase all extra lines!
Add a very large triangle with a rounded tip.
Let’s add the branches by drawing smaller triangles.
Erase extra lines and add details! You can draw more branches, flowers, birds, a beehive, or draw more trees to create a forest.
Details for Drawing A Tree
- Use a darker shade of color on one side, and a softer pencil stroke on the other to show the light source.
- Turn these trees into a pine tree, oak tree, coniferous trees, really any tree.
- Short lines for smaller branches, vertical lines, and long lines for tree branches.
- Don’t forget the leaf parts. Leaf shapes are never uniform. They are a bunch of different shapes covering the top of the tree.
- The base of the tree needs detail too! You can use darker and lighter browns. It will make some bark texture.
- Add a dark shadow on the ground for the trees. Trees have shadows too.
- Don’t forget to color it with your favorite crayons or colored pencils.
I recommend printing these instructions because it’s easier to follow each step with a visual example…
Download How To Draw a Tree PDF FILE Here
Benefits of Drawing for Kids
The best thing about learning how to draw a tree is that all trees look different from each other, so there is no “wrong” way to draw a tree. That’s what makes this how to draw a simple tree tutorial the perfect drawing activity for elementary school kids, preschoolers, and toddlers!
Did you know that drawing increases confidence, teaches creative problem solving, improves hand-eye coordination, and develops fine motor skills in children? Kids love art and we love what it does for enriching their lives.
That’s why you’ll love this how to draw a tree for kids tutorial!
More easy drawing tutorials:
- Learn how to draw a rose with this tutorial for kids who love plants!
- Why not try learning how to draw a snowflake too?
- Young ones can learn how to draw a rainbow with this easy tutorial.
- And my favorite: how to draw Baby Yoda tutorial!
This post contains affiliate links.
Recommended Drawing Supplies
- For drawing the outline, a simple pencil can work great.
- Colored pencils are great for coloring in the bat.
- Create a bolder, solid look using fine markers.
- Gel pens come in any color you can imagine.
- Don’t forget a pencil sharpener.
More tree & nature fun from Kids Activities Blog
- Here is the cutest pom pom apple tree craft!
- Check out the best tree swings for kids.
- Grab an avocado and learn how you can grow your own tree at home.
- This truffula tree bookmark craft is perfect for Dr. Seuss fans everywhere!
How did your tree drawing turn out?