Learning how to draw a tree is one of the simplest things children can learn to draw, and our step by step instructions will have them drawing a forest in 1-2-3. It’s easy enough that even the youngest ones can do it!
This printable how to draw a tree step by step tutorial includes two pages, divided into short steps to make the process as clear as possible. Learning how to draw trees is a lot easier than you may think, so let’s dive right in!
Create a simple tree drawing
The best thing about learning how to draw a tree is that all trees look different from each other, so there is no “wrong” way to draw a tree.
That’s what makes this how to draw a simple tree tutorial the perfect drawing activity for elementary school kids, preschoolers, and toddlers!
Did you know that drawing increases confidence, teaches creative problem solving, improves hand-eye coordination, and develops fine motor skills in children? Kids love art and we love what it does for enriching their lives.
That’s why you’ll love this how to draw a tree for kids tutorial!
Easy Steps to Draw a Tree
Our two pages of how to draw a tree step by step are super easy to follow, and so much fun too!
Go grab your favorite pencil, a piece of paper, and let’s get started:
- Draw a circle (it doesn’t have to be perfect!)
2. Add two more circles of different sizes on each side of the first circle.
3. Draw three more circles at the bottom.
4. Erase all extra lines!
5. Add a very large triangle with a rounded tip.
6. Let’s add the branches by drawing smaller triangles.
7. Erase extra lines and add details! You can draw more branches, flowers, birds, a beehive, or draw more trees to create a forest.
8. Don’t forget to color it with your favorite crayons!
I recommend printing these instructions because it’s easier to follow each step with a visual example.
Download How To Draw a Tree Here:
More easy drawing tutorials:
- Learn how to draw a rose with this tutorial for kids who love plants!
- Why not try learning how to draw a snowflake too?
- Young ones can learn how to draw a rainbow with this easy tutorial.
- And my favorite: how to draw Baby Yoda tutorial!
Need supplies for drawing? Here are some kid favorites:
This post contains affiliate links.
You’ll never run out of awesome coloring pages here for kids & adults. Have fun!
More tree & nature fun from Kids Activities Blog
- Here is the cutest pom pom apple tree craft!
- Check out the best tree swings for kids.
- Grab an avocado and learn how you can grow your own tree at home.
- This truffula tree bookmark craft is perfect for Dr. Seuss fans everywhere!
How did your tree drawing turn out?