Today we are learning how to draw a flower! This easy to follow guide will show you how – you can even trace each step on the printable pages!
Whether your favorite flower is a rose, daisy, tulip, or sunflower, I’m sure you and your kid will enjoy learning how to draw a simple flower.
Our free printable tutorial includes three pages with detailed instructions so your little one can draw a flower from scratch in a matter of minutes.
Let’s get started!
Make an easy flower drawing
We made sure this how to draw a flower tutorial is easy enough that even the most inexperienced and youngest kids can have fun making art for themselves!
I love that once you learn how to draw a flower, you’ll be able to draw one every time you want to without looking at this tutorial – but still, I recommend keeping it for future reference!
Easy steps to draw a flower
You don’t need any special or expensive tools to draw a flower. A simple piece of paper and a regular pencil will do the work just fine!
Learn how to draw a beautiful flower by printing our step by step tutorial and follow these simple instructions:
Step 1: Start by drawing a triangle pointing downwards. This will be our first petal!
Step 2: Add three circles at the top – notice how the middle one is larger. Erase extra lines.
Step 3: Great! Now we have a petal. Repeat the process four more times to make a circle of petals.
Step 4: Add a small circle on each petal.
Step 5: Now add a circle in the middle part. Erase extra lines.
Step 6: It’s time for details! Add a stem a the bottom by drawing a long line.
Step 7: You can add a leaf or two to the stem.
Step 8: Get creative! Draw more flowers with different details to make a beautiful garden!
Download How to Draw a Flower Here:
More easy drawing tutorials:
- How to draw a shark easy tutorial for kids who are obsessed with sharks!
- Why not try learning how to draw a bird too?
- You can learn how to draw a rose step by step with this easy tutorial.
- And my favorite: how to draw Baby Yoda tutorial!
Need supplies for coloring? Here are some kid favorites:
This post contains affiliate links.
- Prismacolor Premier Colored Pencils
- Fine markers
- Gel pens
- For black/white, a simple pencil can work great
You can find TONS of awesome coloring pages for kids & adults here. Have fun!
More flower fun from Kids Activities Blog
- Make a forever bouquet with this paper flower printable craft.
- Find 14 original pretty flower coloring pages here!
- Coloring this flower zentangle is fun for kids & adults.
- These beautiful DIY paper flowers are perfect for party decorations!
How did your flower drawing turn out?