Let’s learn how to draw a rose step by step with a fun and engaging rose drawing tutorial! This drawing guide is perfect for beginners. If your young one enjoys nature, flowers, roses, and also loves making art, you’re in the right place!
Make an Easy Rose Drawing
Learning how to draw a rose flower is a fun, creative, and colorful art experience for kids of all ages.
Drawing has so many benefits for kids: it increases confidence, teaches creative problem solving, improves hand-eye coordination, and develops fine motor skills.
These instructions will teach how to draw a simple rose. Erasable pens or pens are best for learning to draw. There are erasable coloring pencils and pens, but you can also draw with a black pen or pencil and then color it in. Don’t forget lots of paper for practicing!
Easy Steps to Draw a Rose
Our three pages of how to draw a rose step by step are super easy to follow, and so much fun too! Just follow these 9 steps and you’ll have a beautiful rose that you can color as you prefer.
Go grab your favorite pencil and let’s get started:
Step 1: Start by drawing a D, but round the top part a bit. The “D” shapes will be our rose’s petals!
Step 2: Repeat step 1, but draw the D face the other way. Erase all extra lines.
Step 3: Repeat step 1 again but this time draw the D lower.
Step 4: Draw another D facing the other way, also on the lower part.
Step 5: Draw a circle! Make the top and bottom slightly flat. Erase extra lines.
Step 6: Draw a slightly rounded tip at the top
Step 7: Add two small leaves at the bottom.
Step 8: Add a stem, and other details, like thorns, more leaves, or even some grass! Don’t forget to color your rose flower too!
Step 9: You’re all done! Your rose drawing is finished!
I recommend printing these instructions because it’s easier to follow each step with a visual example.
Download How to Draw a Rose here:
More easy drawing tutorials:
- How to draw a rainbow easy tutorial for kids who love color!
- Why not try learning how to draw a snowflake too?
- You can learn how to draw Baby Shark with this easy tutorial.
- And my favorite: how to draw Baby Yoda tutorial!
Need supplies for coloring? Here are some kid favorites:
This post contains affiliate links.
- For drawing the outline, a simple pencil can work great.
- Colored pencils are great for coloring in the bat.
- Create a bolder, solid look using fine markers.
- Gel pens come in any color you can imagine.
You can find all of the coloring pages for kids & adults you’ll ever need here. Have fun!
More rose fun from Kids Activities Blog
- These rose crafts are super easy and inexpensive. Did you know you could make beautiful roses from coffee filters or paper plates?
- Watch these candy roses being made – it’s the most relaxing thing you’ll do this week.
- The intricate patterns in this rose zentangle coloring page are sure to keep kids busy.
- 4 dozen roses at Costco only $40 for Valentine’s Day? YES!
How did your rose drawing turn out?