How to Draw a Rose – Easy Printable Tutorial
Let’s learn how to draw a rose step by step with a fun and engaging rose drawing tutorial! This rose drawing guide is perfect for beginners. You can print this easy how to draw a rose guide to practice over and over customizing your own rose drawing. Use this easy drawing lesson at home or in the classroom.
Make an Easy Rose Drawing
Learning how to draw a rose flower is a fun, creative, and colorful art experience for kids of all ages. Click red button to download the printable rose drawing guide:
Related: More paper roses kids can make
The 9 Easy Steps to Draw a Rose
Go grab your favorite pencil & eraser and let’s get started learning to make our own rose drawing…
Start by drawing a D, but round the top part a bit. The “D” shapes will be our rose’s petals!
Repeat step 1, but draw the D face the other way. Erase all extra lines.
Repeat step 1 again but this time draw the D lower.
Draw another D facing the other way, also on the lower part.
Draw a circle! Make the top and bottom slightly flat. Erase extra lines.
Draw a slightly rounded tip at the top.
Add two small leaves at the bottom.
Add a stem, and other details, like thorns, more leaves, or even some grass! Don’t forget to color your rose flower too!
Step 9 – Your Finished Rose Drawing
You’re all done! Your rose drawing is finished!
Printable PDF: How to Draw a Rose
I recommend printing these instructions because it’s easier to follow each step with a visual example.
Download How to Draw a Rose PDF FILE here
Our three pages of how to draw a rose step by step are super easy to follow, and so much fun too! Just follow these 9 steps and you’ll have a beautiful rose that you can color as you prefer. This step by step tutorial will have you drawing simple shapes, outer petals that are more like an oval shape.
It will look a little off at first, but soon you’ll see the center of the rose and rose petals to create a red rose, or whatever your favorite colored rose is! Or leave them white roses, the choice is yours.
Benefits of Drawing for Kids
Drawing has so many benefits for kids: it increases confidence, teaches creative problem solving, improves hand-eye coordination, and develops fine motor skills.
More Easy Drawing Tutorials From Kids Activities Blog:
- How to draw a flower
- How to draw a tulip
- How to draw a rainbow easy tutorial for kids who love color!
- Why not try learning how to draw a snowflake too?
- You can learn how to draw Baby Shark with this easy tutorial.
- And my favorite: how to draw Baby Yoda tutorial!
- How to draw a turkey
- How to draw an elephant
- How to draw doodles
- How to draw shoes
- How to draw sugar skull
- How to draw a star
This post contains affiliate links.
Recommended Drawing Supplies
- For drawing the outline, a simple pencil can work great.
- Colored pencils are great for coloring in the bat.
- Create a bolder, solid look using fine markers.
- Gel pens come in any color you can imagine.
- Don’t forget a pencil sharpener.
More Rose & Flower Fun From Kids Activities Blog
- Make a compass rose for your next adventure!
- One of my very favorite flower crafts in the entire world is this paper plate rose project for kids.
- Coffee filter rose craft is easy, colorful and fun
- Oh so many cool origami flowers kids can fold
- Download & print our flower template for a fun flower craft
- The intricate patterns in this rose zentangle coloring page are sure to keep kids busy.
- We have 21 ways to make paper roses.
How did your rose drawing turn out?