Grab your pencil because today you are going to learn how to draw a horse – step by step. Even beginners and young kids will find this printable horse drawing tutorial easy to follow. Print the how to draw a horse lesson for use at home or in the classroom.
Make an Easy Horse Drawing
Let’s learn how to make our own horse drawing with this simple horse drawing lesson. Click the orange button below to download and print the three page horse drawing tutorial that covers the steps on how to draw a horse:
Related: Horse facts for kids
Easy steps to draw a horse
Go grab your favorite pencil and eraser and let’s get started drawing our horse:
Let’s start with a circle.
Add a rounded rectangle – notice how it’s tilted.
Draw another circle below both figures.
Draw a smaller circle next to the last one.
Connect all figures with a line, and erase extra lines.
Let’s draw our horse’s legs by drawing two rounded rectangles.
Draw the mane by drawing curvy lines on the top of the head and the side of the neck. Also draw a tail!
Draw curvy lines for the muzzle and hooves, two small circles for the eyes, and the ears.
You’re done! You can add more details if you want to, too.
The side view of this cartoon horse looks amazing! And this drawing lesson is an easy way to draw using simple steps and simple lines. Who would have thought straight lines, a small circle or two and other simple shapes and basic shapes would create a masterpiece!
I recommend printing these instructions because it’s easier to follow each step with a visual example.
Download How to Draw a Horse PDF FIle Here:
Benefits of Drawing for Kids
Drawing (and making any kind of art) has so many benefits for kids: it increases confidence, teaches creative problem solving, improves hand-eye coordination, and develops fine motor skills.
- How to draw a butterfly tutorial for kids who are obsessed with these colorful insects!
- Why not try learning how to draw a cat too?
- You can learn how to draw a dog with this easy tutorial.
- And my favorite: how to draw Baby Yoda tutorial!
This post contains affiliate links.
Recommended drawing supplies
- For drawing the outline, a simple pencil can work great.
- Colored pencils are great for coloring in the bat.
- Create a bolder, solid look using fine markers.
- Gel pens come in any color you can imagine.
- Don’t forget a pencil sharpener.
Related: Awesome coloring pages for kids
More horse fun from Kids Activities Blog
- These easy horse coloring pages are perfect for preschoolers or check out our realistic horse coloring pages
- While this detailed horse zentangle coloring page is best for more advanced coloring skills.
- Watch this adorable video of a horse acting like a nanny and rocking a crying baby.
- Learn and color 20 facts about our favorite mythical horse-y creature with these unicorn facts coloring pages.
- Horse starts with H, we have so many great letter H crafts.
How did your horse drawing turn out?