Oreo cookies are yummy and make some delicious holiday treats when used in Christmas Oreo recipes. This collection of our favorite holiday Oreo recipes that make a delicious dessert or sweet treat.
Christmas Oreo Cookie Recipes We Love
I admit that Oreos are one of my favorite cookies, therefore, one of my obsessions is homemade Oreo recipes! During the holidays, there are so many incredible ways to use Oreo cookies.
“First you twist it, then you lick it, then you dunk it!”-Oreo Advertising
We have compiled a huge list of Oreo recipes, with everything from cookies, to brownies, to popcorn and more! If you’re an Oreo lover like I am, you are going to love this!
This article contains affiliate links.
Easy Oreo Recipes for Christmas & The Holidays
Looking for a quick, yummy, and festive snack for your holiday parties? You can’t go wrong with Oreo recipes! Easy, cheap to make (many of them are no bake Oreo recipes!) and sure to be a crowd pleaser, these Oreo recipes are sure to be a hit!
1. Oreo Cookies and Cream Bark Recipe
Funfetti Bark is perfectly festive for any party! You can use regular Oreos, peanut butter Oreos, or any other Oreo flavor.- via Kids Activities Blog
2. Oreo Chocolate Covered Strawberries Recipe
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Christmas Trees will brighten up your dessert table this holiday season! – via Lovely Little Kitchen
3. White Chocolate Covered Oreo Cookies Recipe
Holiday Candy Cookie Pops are a sweet DIY gift idea! – via Simplistically Living
4. Edible Ornament Oreo Recipe
When it comes to making Oreo Ornaments, I’m not sure who will have more fun, the kids or the adults! You can use a classic Oreo to make each ornament. – via Candi Quick
5. Oreo Candy Cane Sweet Treat Brownies Recipe
I love making dessert bars for little hands at parties, because they are easier for little ones to handle. Candy Cane Oreo Bars are a tasty option! – via Shugary Sweets
6. How To Make Homemade Oreos Covered In Chocolate
Chocolate Covered Oreo Pops will look so sweet in their stocking! Everything is better dipped in melted chocolate. You could also crumble up these chocolate covered Oreos to go over chocolate pudding.- via The Slow Roasted Italian
7. Christmas Oreos That Look Like Reindeer
Oreo Reindeer Pops are Santa’s favorite Oreo recipe! I love easy desserts with simple ingredients- via Oh Nuts
8. Add Mini Oreos To This Christmas Crunch Recipe
Christmas Crunch is the perfect snack to eat while binge-watching holiday movies! – via Cooking Classy
9. Oreo Christmas Tree Recipe Perfect For The Holiday Season
Looking for a new spin on a cookie cake? Try this Oreo Cookie Tree – via Snack Works
10. Peppermint Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
This Andes Mint + Oreo Cookie recipe is the marriage of two of my favorite things! Make sure you use a food processor to make Oreo crumbs or else it may be too chunky. – via Sugar Bee Crafts
11. Holiday Oreo Cream Cheese Balls Recipe
Who would’ve thought that an Oreo recipe could be a centerpiece during your holiday dinner! This Cookie Ball Wreath is adorable! – via Anders Ruff
12. Oreo Polar Bear Cookies Recipe
Whip up a batch of Oreo Polar Bears after your next zoo or aquarium visit! What a delicious treat.- via Cheryl Style
13. Oreo Mint Chocolate Chip Lollipops Recipe
Surprise a loved one with a bouquet of Peppermint Oreo Lollipops – via Candi Quick
14. Oreo Penguin Cupcakes Recipe
How adorable are these Oreo Penguin Cupcakes? – via Cindy On Interesting
15. Oreo Snowflake Cookies Recipe
Snowflake Cookies are Elsa’s favorite Oreo recipe! – via Cake Whiz
16. Oreo Lovers Dream: Chocolate Covered Oreo Bites Recipe
Are you looking for a bite-sized Oreo recipe? Chocolate Covered Cookie Bites are perfect! – via Thrifty Little Mom
17. Peppermint Oreo Crunch Cookies Recipe
If you’re looking for a tasty Oreo treat with a bite to it, you’ll have to try these Oreo Peppermint Crunch Cookies – via Inside Bru Crew Life
18. Candy Cane Dipped Oreos Recipe
Candy Cane Dipped Oreos are a sweet idea for your Elf on the Shelf to bring for your little ones! – via Slick Housewives
19. Easy Recipe For Oreo Truffles
Chocolate Oreo Truffles sound like the perfect Oreo treat for Santa to leave for the grown-ups on Christmas morning! Don’t like chocolate? You can make golden Oreo truffles instead. – via Slick Housewives
20. Oreo Bark Recipe
Oreo Holiday Bark adds an Oreo spin on a classic holiday treat! – via Snack Works
21. Santa Hat Decorated Oreo Cookies Recipe
Wow your family and friends with Santa Hat Cookie Balls – via Endlessly Inspired
22. White Chocolate and Peppermint Dipped Oreos Recipe
Oreos are already amazing, but they are even better after they are dipped in chocolate! I love this Chocolate Dipped Oreos recipe! – via Beauty and Bedlam
23. Candy Cane Oreo Brownies Recipe
Candy Cane Oreo Brownies are the perfect treat to make with your broken candy canes (am I the only one who ends up with a ton of them?) Definitely gonna need a glass of milk to cut the sweetness!- via I Heart Naptime
24. Peppermint Bark Oreos Recipe
Mint Oreo Bark is a fun and festive holiday treat – via Wine and Glue
25. Cookies and Cream Fudge Recipe
I have never met a piece of fudge that I didn’t like… This Cookies and Cream Fudge takes the cake! – via My Recipes
26. Festive Tuxedo Oreos Recipe
Sweet white chocolate, bitter dark chocolate, red and green sprinkles…these festive Tuxedo Oreos are sure to be a hit. – via Homemaking For God
27. Gingerbread Oreo Man Recipe
Run, run, as fast as you can! You can’t catch them, they’re Oreo Gingerbread Men! – via Laura’s Bakery
28. Peppermint Oreo Cake Pops Recipe
Peppermint Oreo Pops are so yummy they will fly off the plate! – via Lulu The Baker
29. Christmas Cookie Bark Recipe
Christmas Cookie Bark is the perfect way to incorporate Oreos into your Christmas recipes – via Keeping Up With The Kitchen Mom
30. Gingerbread Oreos Recipe
Mmmm, gingerbread AND Oreos?! Sign me up for these Gingerbread Oreo Cookie Balls! – via Leelalicious
31. Oreo Milkshake Recipe
Leave a shake for Santa instead of a cup of milk this year! Try this Peppermint Oreo Milkshake – via Belle of The Kitchen
32. Oreo Snowmen Recipe
Do you wanna build Snowman Oreo Balls? – via The Girl Who Ate Everything
But… What If I Can’t Eat Oreos?
Now that you have a bajillion tasty Oreo recipes to choose from, I bet you might have some questions, especially allergy-related questions, so that all of your guests can enjoy your yummy treats this holiday season.
Just remember that when it comes to food allergies, where there’s a will, there’s a way, because there are so many good-quality substitutes, no matter the allergy!
How Can I Make Gluten Free Oreo Recipes?
Right when I first had to stop eating gluten, over a decade ago, there were hardly any options. It was basically cardboard vs. more cardboard. I missed my beloved Oreos sooooo much! Now there are so many gluten free Oreo substitutes!
One of my favorite brands is gluten free Glutino Chocolate Vanilla Cream Cookie because they taste just like the real thing.
Are Oreo Recipes Vegan/ Dairy Free?
Yes, and no! If you purchase Oreos manufactured in the USA, they are vegan. Other countries have different ingredients in their cream filling, that are not necessarily vegan. It is definitely possible to make these Oreo recipes vegan, with a few extra steps:
- You can easily substitute eggs with a flaxseed meal replacement of 1 teaspoon flaxseed meal with 2 1/2 Tablespoons of water to constitute one egg.
- There are tons of vegan butter substitutes for baking – check your favorite specialty grocery for selections.
- One item that doesn’t really have a pre-packaged substitute is chocolate candy melts. They are quite often a go-to with Oreo recipes, but that is off the table for vegans. Instead, try melting some vegan white chocolate chips and add food coloring for a vegan version to use to decorate your festive Oreo treats!
History of Oreos
I don’t know about you, but I am always looking for fun, hands-on ways to engage and educate my kids. Learning more about the history of the Oreo could be a lot of fun!
Nabisco, originally known as the National Biscuit Country, introduced the Oreo biscuit on March 6, 1912. Although Hydrox cookies were invented two years earlier, Oreos would become the most popular cookie of the 20th century. This classic cookie continues to be an American favorite nearly 100 years after it was introduced.–Leaf TV, History of Nabisco
More Holiday Treats & Sweets from Kids activities Blog
- Christmas treats that you will make, eat and give!
- A big list of festive Grinch treats that work great for the Christmas season.
- Best Rice Krispie Treat Recipes
- Harry Potter recipes that are whimsical and work great for the holidays.
- These snowman snacks and desserts are delightfully cute.
- Homemade Christmas treats that make great gifts.
- Homemade candy recipes that make great holiday gift ideas.
- Puppy chow recipes that you can make year round including Christmas puppy chow.
- Peppermint desserts that are super yummy and easy to make.
- Christmas cookies. Yep, a big list of our very very favorite Christmas cookie recipes of all time.
What is your favorite Christmas Oreo recipe?