How To Draw A Star Easy Printable Lesson For Kids
Learning how to draw a star is one of the easiest drawings even the youngest kids can learn – and so much fun too! Simply follow the step-by-step tutorial and start making your star drawings in no time. You can use this easy star sketch guide at home or in the classroom.
Make A Star Drawing Easy For Kids
This star drawing tutorial is easier to follow with a visual guide so click the pink button to print our how to draw a simple star printable tutorial before getting started:
This how to draw star lesson is not only simple enough for younger kids, but beginners as well. Once your kids get comfortable with drawing they will start feeling more creative and ready to continue their artistic journey.
How To Draw A Star Step By Step- Easy
Follow this easy how-to-draw a star step-by-step tutorial and you will be drawing your own star drawings in no time.
Print our step by step tutorial and follow these simple instructions:
First, draw a vertical line.
Add another line across the first line.
Draw another line, just like the last one, but on the opposite direction – it will look like an X.
Draw another X. Notice this time it’s flatter.
Connect all the lines and erase extra lines.
Wow! You can round the tips and add different details. Get creative!
Amazing job! Your star looks incredibly! You can draw a group of stars and make your own starry sky.
Download Simple Star Drawing Lesson PDF FILE
Recommended coloring supplies! Here are some kid favorites:
- For drawing the outline, a simple pencil can work great.
- You will need an eraser!
- Colored pencils are great for coloring in the bat.
- Create a bolder, solid look using fine markers.
- Gel pens come in any color you can imagine.
- Don’t forget a pencil sharpener.
You can find LOADS of super fun coloring pages for kids & adults here. Have fun!
More Easy Drawing Lessons For Kids
- How to draw a leaf – use this step-by-step instruction set for making your own beautiful leaf drawing
- How to draw an elephant – this is an easy tutorial on drawing a flower
- How to draw Pikachu – OK, this is one of my favorites! Make your own easy Pikachu drawing
- How to draw a panda – Make your own cute pig drawing by following these instructions
- How to draw a turkey – kids can make their own tree drawing by following along these printable steps
- How to draw Sonic the Hedgehog – simple steps to making a Sonic the Hedgehog drawing
- How to draw a fox – make a beautiful fox drawing with this drawing tutorial
- How to draw a turtle– easy steps for making a turtle drawing
- See all of our printable tutorials on how to draw <–by clicking here!
Great Books For More Drawing
The Big Drawing Book
By following the very simple step-by-steps in this fun drawing book you can draw dolphins diving in the sea, knights guarding a castle, monster faces, buzzing bees, and lots, lots more.
Drawing Doodling and Coloring
An excellent book filled with doodling, drawing and coloring activities. On some of the pages you’ll find ideas for what to do, but you can do whatever you like.
Write and Draw Your Own Comics
Write and Draw Your Own Comics is full of inspiring ideas for all kinds of different stories, with writing tips to help you on your way. for kids who want to tell stories, but gravitate toward pictures. It has a mix of partially-drawn comics and blank panels with intro comics as instructions – lots of space for kids to draw their own comics!
More Star Fun From Kids Activities Blog
- Try your hand at this origami star craft.
- Have you tried making this star sensory bottle jar?
- Look to the sky with this night sky nature finder.
- Learn about stars and constellations with these sewing cards.
How did your star drawing turn out?