Kids who love drawing and creating their own art are going to love this simple activity! Let’s learn how to draw a turkey with few easy steps anyone can follow. Perfect for beginners and kids of all ages!
When you click the download button below, you’ll get three printable pages with detailed instructions on how to draw a cartoon turkey. We encourage you to print it so you and your kids can use it as a visual guide, and color it afterward too!
Make an Easy Turkey Drawing
Learning how to draw turkeys is a fun, creative, and colorful art experience that everyone can enjoy (adults included!) And whether you’re looking for fun Thanksgiving activities or just want to learn how to draw a cute turkey, you’re in the right place!
Once your kids get comfortable with drawing, they will start feeling more creative and ready to continue an artistic journey. So grab your pencil and let’s get started!
Let’s make our own turkey sketch! Follow the Pilgrim’s easy instructions to draw a turkey step-by-step and you will be drawing your own in no time.
- First, draw a circle and an oval.
- Connect them using curved lines. Erase extra lines.
- Draw a petal shape in the center.
- Add four petal shapes on each side of the first one.
- Draw two wavy lines to make the wings.
- Add another wavy line.
- Draw circles to make the eyes.
- Let’s add the final details! Add an upside-down drop shape to make the beak and another irregular drop shape to make the snood.
- Amazing job! Get creative and add different details!
Hooray! Your turkey drawing is done!
How did your turkey drawing turn out?
More How To Draw
Need coloring supplies? Here are some kid favorites:
- For drawing the outline, a simple pencil can work great.
- Colored pencils are great for coloring in the bat.
- Create a bolder, solid look using fine markers.
- Gel pens come in any color you can imagine.
You can find LOADS of super fun coloring pages for kids & adults here. Have fun!
More drawing fun from Kids Activities Blog
- How to draw a leaf – use this step-by-step instruction set for making your own beautiful leaf drawing
- How to draw an elephant – this is an easy tutorial on drawing a flower
- How to draw Pikachu – OK, this is one of my favorites! Make your own easy Pikachu drawing
- How to draw a panda – Make your own cute pig drawing by following these instructions
- How to draw a turkey – kids can make their own tree drawing by following along these printable steps
- How to draw Sonic the Hedgehog – simple steps to making a Sonic the Hedgehog drawing
- How to draw a fox – make a beautiful fox drawing with this drawing tutorial
- How to draw a turtle– easy steps for making a turtle drawing
- See all of our printable tutorials on how to draw <–by clicking here!
Discover even more How to Draw activity resources
The Big Drawing Book
By following the very simple step-by-steps in this fun drawing book you can draw dolphins diving in the sea, knights guarding a castle, monster faces, buzzing bees, and lots, lots more.
Drawing Doodling and Coloring
An excellent book filled with doodling, drawing and coloring activities. On some of the pages you’ll find ideas for what to do, but you can do whatever you like.
Write and Draw Your Own Comics
Write and Draw Your Own Comics is full of inspiring ideas for all kinds of different stories, with writing tips to help you on your way. for kids who want to tell stories, but gravitate toward pictures. It has a mix of partially-drawn comics and blank panels with intro comics as instructions – lots of space for kids to draw their own comics!