How to draw an elephant in a simple way is something that my kids wanted to learn for so long, so we put together this easy printable tutorial to share with you.
We love everything about elephants: the long trunk, large ears, the heavy tusks; elephants are truly majestic. So if you and your kids love elephants as much as we do, grab a pencil and a piece of paper and let’s get started!
Our easy step-by-step how to draw an elephant tutorial includes three printable pages with detailed instructions on how to make a simple elephant drawing.
Learning how to draw helps kids increase their imagination, enhance their fine motor and coordination skills, and develop a healthy way of displaying their emotions. Plus, it’s so much fun too!
Simple steps to draw an elephant for kids
Follow this easy how-to-draw elephant step-by-step tutorial and you will be drawing your own elephant drawings in no time!
- First, draw a circle for our elephant’s head.
- Draw two tilted ovals on each side of the circle.
- Add another two smaller circles, these will be the big ears!
- Draw half an oval.
- Add a half-circle at the bottom.
- Draw a curved line.
- Let’s draw the trunk by creating curved lines.
- Now it’s time for details. Draw circles to make the eyes and cheeks, add curved lines to the trunk and a wavy line to the feet.
- Amazing job! Get creative and add different details.
Your elephant is done! Yay!
How did your elephant drawing turn out?
More How To Draw
Need coloring supplies? Here are some kid favorites:
You can find LOADS of super fun coloring pages for kids & adults here. Have fun!
More drawing fun from Kids Activities Blog
- How to draw a leaf – use this step-by-step instruction set for making your own beautiful leaf drawing
- How to draw an elephant – this is an easy tutorial on drawing a flower
- How to draw Pikachu – OK, this is one of my favorites! Make your own easy Pikachu drawing
- How to draw a panda – Make your own cute pig drawing by following these instructions
- How to draw a turkey – kids can make their own tree drawing by following along these printable steps
- How to draw Sonic the Hedgehog – simple steps to making a Sonic the Hedgehog drawing
- How to draw a fox – make a beautiful fox drawing with this drawing tutorial
- How to draw a turtle– easy steps for making a turtle drawing
- See all of our printable tutorials on how to draw <–by clicking here!
Discover even more How to Draw activity resources
The Big Drawing Book
By following the very simple step-by-steps in this fun drawing book you can draw dolphins diving in the sea, knights guarding a castle, monster faces, buzzing bees, and lots, lots more.
Drawing Doodling and Coloring
An excellent book filled with doodling, drawing and coloring activities. On some of the pages you’ll find ideas for what to do, but you can do whatever you like.
Write and Draw Your Own Comics
Write and Draw Your Own Comics is full of inspiring ideas for all kinds of different stories, with writing tips to help you on your way. for kids who want to tell stories, but gravitate toward pictures. It has a mix of partially-drawn comics and blank panels with intro comics as instructions – lots of space for kids to draw their own comics!