Shark Week 2021 starts today and we have some really cute and tasty shark inspired food for kids of all ages. We love Shark Week and all the family fun that happens when everyone watches some of the shows together.
Make some of these treats to make your next shark week show even more eventful.
These shark recipes aren’t just good for Shark Week, they are also perfect for any summer get-togethers, or a birthday party for a fan of sharks!
Sharks are fun…unless you are encountering them unexpectedly!
This article contains affiliate links.
Yummy Shark Inspired Food for Kids
Shark Jello Cups
Try these fun Shark Jello Cups for your next shark party! These are super easy to make and really yummy!
Ingredients Needed for Shark Jello Cups
- Blue Jello
- 2 cups boiling Water
- 2 cups cold water
- Sparkles or graham crumbs to rim the top, optional
- Cool Whip or Whipping Cream
- Blue food coloring
- Shark Gummies
- Shark Lollipops
You can make these like shown in the picture above where the sharks are jumping out of the cool whip foam on top of the blue jello ocean or by immersing the shark gummies into the jello ocean so they are underwater.
Ingredients Needed for Watermelon Shark
- Fruit (optional to fill shark)
Instructions to Cut a Watermelon Like a Shark
- Cut 1/3 of the watermelon off of one side.
- Draw an oval on one corner of the remaining watermelon.
- Cut out the oval and scoop out the watermelon.
- With a knife, draw teeth on the edges of the cut.
- Using a toothpick with a blueberry on top, stick in the shark for eyes.
- The watermelon can be filled with the scooped out watermelon or other fruit.
Ingredients Needed to Make Shark Cupcakes
- Box of yellow cake mix (plus eggs, water, and oil)
- White Icing or Frosting
- Natural Blue food coloring
- Shark Lollipops
Instructions for Making Shark Cupcakes
- Follow the instructions to make the cake mix, and fill cupcake pan. Bake as directed.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the icing with several drops of the food coloring.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled, add the blue icing to the top.
- Add the shark lollipop on top.
Seaweed Spinach Dip Inspired by Shark Week
Ingredients Needed for Spinach Dip
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 8 oz pkg Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- 10 oz. pkg Frozen Chopped Spinach, thawed
- 1 cup Pepper Jack Cheese, shredded
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- A cup of Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
Instructions to Make Spinach Dip for Shark Week
- In a large skillet, heat the cream cheese, sour cream, and shredded cheese until everything has melted.
- Add drained spinach to cheese mixture.
- Add the garlic powder and salt and pepper.
- Serve with bread or tortilla chips.
Shark Bait Trail Mix
I love this idea for creating a Shark Bait Trail Mix. It’s really fun for the kiddos and a favorite shark week recipe for kids.
More Shark Week Crafts & Activities from Kids Activities Blog
- Shark Activities and Crafts
- Feed the Shark Sensory Bag
- Shark Paper Plate Craft
- Kids Activities for Shark Week
- All things shark week!
What are your Shark Week plans? Which Shark Week treat are you going to make first?