You guys!! I am SO EXCITED about this!
For the second year in a row, Target Has Released Halloween Costumes For Kids In Wheelchairs!
Target Wheelchair Costumes
If you don’t remember, last year was the first year that Target released costumes for kids in wheelchairs or with disabilities. This line is known as the adaptive and sensory-friendly Hyde & EEK! Boutique costume collection.
Last year it was such a big deal to see something like this created so all kids could be included and my heart was certainly full. I am really excited they decided to bring back this collection.
Related: We have some great free inclusive wheelchair coloring pages you will love!
Target Halloween Costumes To Be More Inclusive
According to a press release made by Target, they are making Halloween even more inclusive by doubling their costume options—and adding designs for the grown-ups, too this year!
Last year they only had 2 designs total so this is a HUGE step up from that. So many more options to choose from!
Target Halloween Costumes Have Even More Options
The latest Hyde & EEK! Boutique collection features robots, dragons, space travelers, mermaids, unicorns and more, each with special design details like open backs for easy dressing, wheelchair-friendly fits, hidden openings and pockets for abdominal access and removable accessories, creating extra flexibility for those with sensitivities.
Target Is Working Hard To Make Everyone Feel Included and Celebrated
“Whether you’re simply getting dressed every day or dressing up for special moments like Halloween, everyone deserves to feel included and celebrated,” says Julie Guggemos, Target’s senior vice president and chief design officer. “And at Target, we know that great, inclusive design makes all the difference.
That’s why we’re continuing to invest in Cat & Jack adaptive apparel, Pillowfort sensory-friendly home goods and more and creating twice as many practical, affordable, super cute costumes that invite all guests to make their own Halloween memories.”
Adaptive and Sensory Friendly Target Halloween Costumes
Currently, the Adaptive and Sensory Friendly Halloween Costumes are available for on the Target website here.
If you know you want one of these outfits for your kids or yourself, I suggest pre-ordering them now so you have it in time for Halloween (even if that means we celebrate at home this year).
More Costume Ideas From Kids Activities BLog
- We have Halloween costumes for the whole family!
- Check out these adaptive backpack for those in wheelchairs!
- This DIY Checkers Halloween costume is great when you’re on a budget.
- Need a fast and budget friendly Halloween costume? Then you’ll love this DIY X-Ray skeleton costume.
- On a budget this year? We have a great list of inexpensive Halloween costume ideas.
- These are the top kids Halloween costumes.
- Have a child that loves Disney? These Disney-Inspired Princess Halloween costumes are perfect for any child!
- These Halloween costumes are prize winning and unique.
- Babies need costumes too! These are some of the best easy homemade Halloween costumes for babies.
- We have over 40 easy homemade costumes for kids!
- Dress up your kids! These 30 enchanting costumes are perfect for Halloween.
- We also have 18 Halloween hero costumes to celebrate our everyday heroes.
- For more bedroom ideas, check out these 10 most incredible themed bedrooms for kids!
- Check out these Halloween costumes for girls!
- Do you know what blue Halloween buckets mean?
- Learn how to make an iPad Halloween costume.
- Looking for some video game Halloween costumes? We got them!
- Have you seen our LEGO block Halloween costume?
- You can make a simple, but cute, Paw Patrol costume.
How amazing are these inclusive Halloween costumes? Share your opinions with us down below! We’d love to hear from you.