DIY Checkers Halloween Costume for Kids
Looking for an easy DIY Halloween Costume for kids? No time to run to the store? No extra budget for it? Want something original? We got you covered with a quick and cute idea for a homemade Halloween costume that can be customized for your child.
Quick & Easy DIY Halloween Costume for Kids
This easy checkers Halloween costume will do its job for sure:
- Easy to make
- Use recycled materials – no need to buy supplies
- Can be sized for any child or adult
- Modify for your favorite board game
Related: More DIY Halloween costumes
Our family loves Checkers, so making this costume was really fun and very exciting.
How to Make Checkers Board Costume
This article contains affiliate links.
- square cardboard box (we didn’t have one so we cut longer box in half).
- some markers
- extra cardboard for checker parts
Directions to Make Checkers Halloween Costume
- Cut out arm and head holes in the box.
- If the box is not white, glue some white paper on it.
- Measure the checker board and make 25 equal square (I know real checkers’ board is bigger, but it was easier this way for the sake of the costume)
- Color the black squares
- Cut out 5 white and 5 blue circles. They will be your checkers.
- Glue them on the board.
Finished Checker Board Costume
And there you have it – DIY Halloween Costume – Checkers.
Our Experience Making Our Halloween Costumes
As a mother I always try to do my best to show how and allow my kids to be creative. I think making Halloween costumes is a great way to do it. I just love the whole process of deciding what they want to be and then picking the materials for the costume.
A lot of trouble shooting and problem solving is involved into making a costume. It’s so good for the kids. Allow them to be in the making process from the very beginning. DIY Halloween Costumes doesn’t have to look all fancy and perfect. It’s all in the IDEA, so allow your children to be the creators:
- If she wants to color those checker square blocks with crayons (not the spray paint or markers), let her do it. She will be proud of it!
- After me this Checkers costume my daughter was excited and wanted to make more!
Variations to DIY Checkers Halloween Costume To a Tic Tac Toe Board
Look at what we came up with later on. The TIC TAC TOE Halloween Costume that you can actually play with. Those are sticky, yet they are from cardboard! Let the TRICK & TREAT & PLAY begin!
This costume is so versatile that you can change it up to fix whatever board game you like best!
More DIY Halloween Costumes from Kids Activities Blog
- Toy Story Costumes we love
- Baby Halloween costumes have never been cuter
- Bruno costume will be big this year on Halloween!
- Disney Princess costumes you don’t want to miss
- Looking for boys Halloween costumes that girls will love too?
- LEGO costume you can make at home
- Ash Pokemon costume we this is really cool
- Pokemon costumes you can DIY
How did your checker board costume turn out?