Looking for an easy DIY Halloween Costume for kids? No time to run to the store? No extra budget for it? Want something original?
We got you covered!
This easy checkers Halloween costume will do its job for sure. It’s easy to make, no need to look for some fancy craft supplies and it’s adorable. Oh and it basically fits any age group.
Our family loves Checkers, so making this costume was really fun and very exciting.
DIY Halloween Costumes
You will need:
- square cardboard box (we didn’t have one so we cut longer box in half).
- some markers
- extra cardboard for checker parts
Things you will have to do:
- cut out arm and head holes in the box.
- if the box is not white, glue some white paper on it.
- measure the checker board and make 25 equal square (I know real checkers’ board is bigger, but it was easier this way for the sake of the costume)
- color the black squares
- cut out 5 white and 5 blue circles. They will be your checkers.
- glue them on the board.
And there you have it – DIY Halloween Costume – Checkers.
Making your own Halloween Costumes IS important
As a mother I always try to do my best to show how and allow my kids to be creative. I think making Halloween costumes is a great way to do it.
I just love the whole process of deciding what they want to be and then picking the materials for the costume.
A lot of trouble shooting and problem solving is involved into making a costume. It’s so good for the kids.
Allow them to be in the making process from the very begging.
DIY Halloween Costumes doesn’t have to look all fancy and perfect. It’s all in the IDEA, so allow your children to be the creators. If she wants to color those checker square blocks with crayons (not the spray paint or markers), let her do it. She will be proud of it!
After me this Checkers costume my daughter was excited and wanted to make more! Why not!
Look at what we came up with later on. The TIC TAC TOE Halloween Costume that you can actually play with. Those are sticky, yet they are from cardboard! Let the TRICK & TREAT & PLAY begin!