DIY X-Ray Skeleton Costume
This DIY Skeleton X-ray costume is easy to make! Sometimes Halloween sneaks up on you and you need an easy last-minute Halloween costume for kids and this DIY kids skeleton costume is the perfect costume.
Homemade Kids Skeleton Costume
Simply Cute and Easy Halloween Costume For Kids
This x-rays kids skeleton costume is so easy to make which is perfect when you’re running low on time and on a budget. You will probably have quite a bit of the materials at home already! This skeleton costume is:
- Made with budget-friendly craft supplies.
- Made from recycled boxes.
- Perfect for kids of all ages or adults.
- Super easy to make.
Related: More DIY Halloween costumes
How To Make This Homemade X-Ray Skeleton Costume
My son is all about skeletons this year, so making this costume was an exciting time for him.
- Medium to large to cardboard box
- Black paint
- White cardstock
- Box cutter
- Skeleton Printable
Directions To Make This Kids Skeleton Costume
- First, you’ll need to paint the outside of your box black. This is what gives your boxtume the x-ray effect.
- Then, print our X-Ray Skeleton Costume printable on the white cardstock. Cut out each piece, then use the decoupage to adhere the skeleton to the front of the box. Coat in a thin layer of decoupage to protect the design.
- Once the decoupage has dried, use the box cutter to cut holes in the top and bottom of the box, leave a two-inch border around each hole. Finally, add holes to the sides of the box for your child to place their arms through.
Now your X-Ray Skeleton is ready for action!
Finished Skeleton Halloween Costume
Yay! You’ve finished your skeleton x-ray costume for Halloween! How cute and creative!
Our Experience Making Our Skeleton Halloween Costume
I will admit, I do a lot of online shopping. So that means we have a lot of boxes to recycle, so I was like…. why no use these boxes for Halloween!?
With just a few other simple craft supplies, we had simple, creative costume that my son was excited to show off to his friends.
The best part about this X-Ray Skeleton costume is that you probably already have everything you need to make it at home.
Since our boxtume was for an older kid this year, we used a larger box.
My son has had so much fun using the rest of our boxes to make unique Halloween decorations for our home.
MORE DIY HALLOWEEN COSTUMES FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Toy Story Costumes we love
- Baby Halloween costumes have never been cuter
- Bruno costume will be big this year on Halloween!
- Disney Princess costumes you don’t want to miss
- Looking for boys Halloween costumes that girls will love too?
- LEGO costume you can make at home
- Ash Pokemon costume we this is really cool
- Pokemon costumes you can DIY
How did your homemade box Skeleton x-ray costume turn out? Comment below and let us know, we’d love to hear from you.