This locker clip craft is easy and fun and great for kids of all ages…even the older ones. With just a few supplies and a unique creative vision, kids can make a locker clip that will help organize their school lockers. Or use this colorful clip on the fridge at home.
Do you have a tween heading off to middle school? Then this craft is a must-make!
This Magnetic Locker Clip is perfect for holding extra schedules, bus assignments, school maps, and flyers that need to be sent home.
It will help kids stay organized and make their locker look super cool too!
This article contains affiliate links.
Magnetic Locker Clip Craft for Kids
- 1 extra large clothespin (found at most craft stores)
- Adhesive magnetic tape
- Tissue paper in multiple colors or patterns
- Mod Podge or glue
- Paint brush
- Scissors or preschool training scissors
After gathering all of the supplies, invite kids to cut the tissue paper into small squares. Kids can expedite this process by cutting multiple sheets of tissue paper at once!
Wet the brush with Mod Podge, then use the wet brush to pick up a piece of tissue paper. Brush the tissue paper onto the wooden clip, then repeat the process, covering the entire clip.
Be sure to overlap colors so the wood doesn’t show!
Allow the Mod Podge to harden and dry completely, then attach adhesive magnetic tape to the back.
Now the clip is ready to hang inside of a locker. This clip is also fantastic for home use on the fridge! We use ours to hang coupons.
More Locker Clip Crafts We Love
- Here are more school locker crafts – a marker made school locker clip!
- Use this printable shark template to make a school locker clip that looks like a hammerhead shark!
- Arrange yellow locker clips in a happy sunshine like this simple craft.
- It isn’t a locker clip, but these cute scrabble tile crafts could help you spell out messages to a friend in your locker.
Here is where you can find more back to school crafts!
What colors did you make your colorful locker clip craft?