This locker clip craft is easy and fun and great for kids of all ages especially older kids who might have a locker at school. With just a few common craft supplies and a creative vision, kids can make a DIY decorated locker clip that will help organize their school lockers. Or use this colorful clip on the fridge at home.
DIY Magnetic Locker Clip
Do you have a tween heading off to middle school? Then this school craft is a must-make! This Magnetic Locker Clip is perfect for holding extra schedules, bus assignments, school maps, and flyers that need to be sent home.
Your finished decorative locker clip will help kids stay organized and make their locker look super cool too!
This article contains affiliate links.
Magnetic Locker Clip Craft for Kids
Supplies Needed to Customize a Locker Clip
- 1 extra large clothespin (found at most craft stores)
- Adhesive magnetic tape
- Tissue paper in multiple colors or patterns
- Mod Podge or glue
- Paint brush
- Scissors or preschool training scissors
Directions for Making a Locker Clip Craft
After gathering all of the supplies, invite kids to cut the tissue paper into small squares. Kids can expedite this process by cutting multiple sheets of tissue paper at once!
Wet the brush with Mod Podge, then use the wet brush to pick up a piece of tissue paper. Brush the tissue paper onto the wooden clip, then repeat the process, covering the entire clip.
Be sure to overlap colors so the wood doesn’t show!
Allow the Mod Podge to harden and dry completely, then attach adhesive magnetic tape to the back.
Related: Check out these other colorful craft ideas!
Finished Locker Clip Craft
Now the clip is ready to hang inside of a locker. This clip is also fantastic for home use on the fridge! We use ours to hang coupons.
More Locker Clip Crafts We Love
- Here are more school locker crafts – a marker made school locker clip!
- Use this printable shark template to make a school locker clip that looks like a hammerhead shark!
- Arrange yellow locker clips in a happy sunshine like this simple craft.
- It isn’t a locker clip, but these cute scrabble tile crafts could help you spell out messages to a friend in your locker.
MORE BACK TO SCHOOL IDEAS FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Looking for some 100 days of school ideas? We have them!
- Check out these delicious and easy breakfast ideas for school.
- Here are nut free school lunch ideas for kids with allergies.
- These healthy back to school ideas are kid approved.
- Enjoy this back to school apple bookmark craft.
- Your kids will love these first day of school lunch ideas.
- Laugh out loud with these back to school jokes.
- School mornings are hectic! This portable cup will teach your children how to eat cereal on the go.
- I used these back to school coloring sheets to entertain my bored toddler while I discussed how this upcoming school year might look with my older children.
- Help your children feel safe with these adorable crayola face masks.
- Make the first day of school more memorable with these first day of school traditions.
- Know what to do before the first day of school.
- Your mornings can be a little easier with these middle school morning routines.
- Have fun creating this school bus pictures frame to keep your children’s school year photos.
- Keep your kids crafts and memories in order with this school memory binder.
- Help your child create a daily routine with this color coded clock for kids.
- Bring more organization and stability in your home with these diy crafts for mom.
- Need more organization in your life? Here are some useful home life hacks that will help!
- What do you do if you have a scared child who is afraid to go to school? We’ve got you!
- Check out these back to school easy nail art!
- These first day of school books are the perfect way to get rid of back to school jitters.
- Here is where you can find more back to school crafts!
- We have great locker decoration ideas like these DIY locker clips.
What colors did you make your colorful locker clip craft?