Whether your kiddos have already started their school year, or you are getting close, you are probably already thinking about lunch ideas! If your child has a food sensitivity, you are always looking for new ideas. Try these 5 Meatless & Nut-Free Back to School Lunch Ideas!
yummy Meatless & Nut-Free Lunch recipe Ideas for your schooling kids
Not only are these lunches perfect for school, they are great to take to work, too!
This article contains affiliate links.
1. Nut-Free Hummus Recipe
This homemade hummus is quick to make and only needs 4 ingredients!
Ingredients Needed to Make Nut-Free Hummus Recipe
How to Make Nut-Free Hummus Recipe
- Add drained chick peas, lemon juice, garlic, and a good pour of olive oil into a food processor. The amount of oil depends on the consistency you want in your hummus. Start out slow — it’s easier to add than take away!
- Put hummus into a container with some parsley.
- Serve with carrots or pita bread chips.
2. Parmesan Kale Chips Recipe
You can serve kale chips with a variety of foods, including a hard-boiled egg, grapes, string cheese, and pretzels.
Ingredients Needed to Make Parmesan Kale Chips Recipe
How to Make Parmesan Kale Chips Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and separate kale into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, add kale, olive oil, and salt, and mix.
- Add parmesan cheese and mix again.
- On a lined baking sheet, place kale in a single layer on top.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, or until the edges start to brown.
3. Pimento Cheese Pinwheels Recipe
Enjoy the pimento cheese rolls (or boat) with an orange and a spinach strawberry salad.
Ingredients Needed to Make Pimento Cheese Pinwheels Recipe
How to Make Pimento Cheese Pinwheels Recipe
- Spread the pimento cheese over a flour tortilla. Roll tight, and then cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Or, cut the green pepper in half, then in half again to create a “boat” — and add the pimento cheese to the pepper to create a pepper boat!
4. Meatless Pizza Rounds Recipe
These pizza rounds are meatless and real quick to make. Serve the pizza rounds with carrots, grapes, applesauce, and pretzels for a more filling lunch!
Ingredients Needed to Make Meatless Pizza Rounds Recipe
How to Make Meatless Pizza Rounds Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Put the crescent rounds on a lined baking sheet, and put in the oven for about 6-7 minutes.
- When the rounds are a little more than half way done, remove from oven. and add a spoonful of sauce on top. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for another 5 minutes, or until golden brown and the cheese is melted.
5. Cream Cheese & Chives Pepper Boat Recipe
Serve the cream cheese & chives pepper boat with a hard-boiled egg, strawberries, and Cheerios.
Ingredients Needed to Make Cream Cheese & Chives Pepper Boat Recipe
How to Make Cream Cheese & Chives Pepper Boat Recipe
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese and chives.
- Cut the green pepper in half, then in half again to create a “boat” for the cream cheese mixture.
- Add the cream cheese to the pepper.
more Back to School Recipes that your kids will love from kids activities blog
- 5 Back to School Easy Breakfast Ideas
- 5 Sandwich-Free Back to School Lunch Ideas
- 5 Easy Back to School Afternoon Snack Recipes
- 15 Super Easy Back to School Lunch Ideas
- Best Kids Lunch Box Ideas For School
What is your child’s favorite lunchbox surprise? Comment below!