Whether your kiddos have already started their school year, or you are getting close, you are probably already thinking about lunch ideas! If your child has a food sensitivity, you are always looking for new ideas. Try these 5 Meatless & Nut-Free Back to School Lunch Ideas!
5 Meatless & Nut-Free Back to School Lunch Ideas
This post contains affiliate links.
Not only are these lunches perfect for school, they are great to take to work, too!
Lunch 1 – Nut-Free Hummus
- Add drained chick peas, lemon juice, garlic, and a good pour of olive oil into a food processor. The amount of oil depends on the consistency you want in your hummus. Start out slow — it’s easier to add than take away!
- Put hummus into a container with some parsley.
- Serve with carrots or pita bread chips.
Lunch 2- Parmesan Kale Chips
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Wash and separate kale into bite-sized pieces.
• In a large bowl, add kale, olive oil, and salt, and mix.
• Add parmesan cheese and mix again.
• On a lined baking sheet, place kale in a single layer on top.
• Bake for 5-7 minutes, or until edges start to brown.
Serve the kale chips with a variety of foods, including a hard-boiled egg, grapes, string cheese, and pretzels.
Lunch 3 – Pimento Cheese Pinwheels
- Spread the pimento cheese over a flour tortilla. Roll tight, and then cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Or, cut the green pepper in half, then in half again to create a “boat” — and add the pimento cheese to the pepper to create a pepper boat!
Serve the pimento cheese rolls (or boat) with an orange and a spinach strawberry salad.
Lunch 4 – Pizza Rounds
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Put the crescent rounds on a lined baking sheet, and put in the oven for about 6-7 minutes.
- When the rounds are a little more than half way done, remove from oven. and add a spoon of sauce on top. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for another 5 minutes, or until golden brown and the cheese is melted.
Serve the pizza rounds with carrots, grapes, applesauce, and pretzels.
Lunch 5 – Cream Cheese & Chives Pepper Boat
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese and chives.
- Cut the green pepper in half, then in half again to create a “boat” for the cream cheese mixture.
- Add the cream cheese to the pepper.
Serve the cream cheese & chives pepper boat with a hard-boiled egg, strawberries, and Cheerios.
Some Of Our Favorite Kitchen Products
Half the fun of cooking is trying out new gadgets for the kitchen! These are some of our favorites:
- Fresh Baby Ice Cube Trays with lids
- Cuisinart Food Processor
- The I Heart Naptime Cookbook by Jamielyn Nye
- Giant Popcorn bowl
- Individual Popcorn bowls
- VillaWare Uno Classic Waffle Maker
- VillaWare Farmyard Waffle Maker
- Pyrex Baking Dishes
- Pizza Peel
- Taco Holder
- Pizza Wheel (cutter)
- Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Double Burner Reversible Grill/Griddle
- Pizza Stone
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless 5-1/2-Quart Saute Pan with Helper Handle and Cover
- BPA free lunch containers
- Egg Rite Egg Timer
- Fit and Fresh container
- One Touch Electric Bottle Opener
- Half Pint Wide Mouth Mason Jars
- Ninja Professional Blender
- Zoku Quick Pop Maker
- Williams-Sonoma Open Kitchen Half Apron in Red or Blue
- Plano Half-Size Stowaway with Adjustable Dividers – for road trip snacks
- Curious Chef 3-Piece Nylon Knife Set
- Cuisinart 2 Quart Ice Cream Maker
- Victorinox Fibrox Straight Edge Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch
- Lemon Squeezer
- Mason Jars
- Apple Corer
- Popcorn Bowl
- MaxiMatic double burner hot plate
- Glass Egg carton
- Black & Decker 4 slice toaster
- Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer
- Cuisinart 8-cup Food Processor
- Meat Mallet
- Ice Cream or Cookie Scooper
- Norpro Butter Keeper
- Norpro Butter Keeper
- 3-Piece Veggie Peeler
- Garlic Press
Back to School Recipes and Tips
- 5 Back to School Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Back to School Tips Every Mom Should Know
- 5 Sandwich-Free Back to School Lunch Ideas
- When to Start Back to School Shopping
What is your child’s favorite lunchbox surprise? Comment below!