Want some easy nail art for the first day of school? This back to school nail art idea is one of my favorites! Painting your back to school nails to look like notebook paper with doodles is one of the the cutest nail designs for kids! Making this back to school nail art is surprisingly simple with a few different color markers and some white nail polish. Kids of all ages will love this easy nail art and it will help them feel even more confident for the first day of school!
Easy Nail Art: Back to School Nails
This notebook paper nail art is the perfect design to wear on your nails for the first day of school. I know it looks hard, but it is a SUPER easy school nail idea.
To get notebook paper back to school nails, you don’t need countless hours, fancy tools, nail art expertise or know the hottest nail trends. This nail art for kids work on short nails or any nail shape.
This article contains affiliate links.
How To Create Back to School Nail Art for Kids
Creating this easy nail art isn’t hard. You just need patience and a steady hand! Patience being the biggest part. You need to let the polish dry completely for this to cute easy nail art to work.
If you are super skilled you can use a fine paint brush and nail polish instead of permanent markers, but permanent markers are the easiest.
Supplies Needed for Back to School Nails
- White nail polish <–I recommend the OPI Alpine Snow because it covers really well in one solid coat of polish.
- Permanent markers <–I recommend the Bic Intensity Fashion Permanent Markers in Fine Point
- Fast drying top coat <–This is one of my favorite clear coat finishes
Directions for Back to School Nail Design
Paint your nails white. You will want to make sure your base coat of choice has full coverage over the nail and it is evenly a white solid color even if it requires multiple coats of white polish.
Let them dry. I am talking for a while.
If they are sticky at all, then the markers won’t work.
Tip: I usually paint my daughter’s nails white and let her wear them like that for a day or so then add the design to make her manicure last longer.
Use Bic Mark-It permanent markers to draw your first blue notebook paper line.
Spacing them out, add additional notebook paper lines in blue across the white nail. Try to keep the ends of the lines straight and uniform so they don’t have messy edges.
Use the pink marker to draw in the margin line down the side – You will want to use the same side on all the nails on that hand.
Doodle your favorite doodles on with a black marker. You don’t need a super detailed design, have some fun!
Tip: Lighter markers like pastel shades don’t show up as well so use a darker color.
Repeat this process on the rest of your nails. I tend to start with the pointer finger and then move on to the middle finger, ring finger, pinky finger and then thumb…I wonder why!
Finish up with a fast drying top coat to seal in the drawings!
Tip: Don’t skip the fast drying top coat because it is the perfect solution to keeping your design from fading.
Finished Back to School Nails
Your nails will totally be awesome and amazing for back to school! I just love the way these look. This has become one of our school wardrobe necessities for the new year for expressing a fun sense of style!
Removing Nail Art Designs
- You can remove notebook nail art after the first day of class…wait longer…with your normal nail polish remover.
- You can touch up nail designs around the edges with a nail polish remover soaked cotton swab and a steady hand.
MORE NAIL ART FOR KIDS
- White nail polish
- Permanent markers
- Fast drying top coat
- Paint your nails with white nail polish and dry completely.
- Make light blue horizontal lines resembling notebook paper with a permanent marker like Bic Mark-It.
- Use a pink permanent marker to make a vertical line down one side of each of the nails.
- With a black permanent marker, make some doodles.
- Finish with a fast drying top coat to seal in your nail art!
MORE BACK TO SCHOOL FUN FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Enjoy this back to school apple bookmark craft.
- Your kids will love these first day of school lunch ideas.
- Laugh out loud with these back to school jokes.
- Make the first day of school more memorable with these first day of school traditions.
- Have fun creating this school bus pictures frame to keep your children’s school year photos.
- Keep your kids crafts and memories in order with this school memory binder.
- Help your child create a daily routine with this color coded clock for kids.
- What do you do if you have a scared child who is afraid to go to school? We’ve got you!
- Make your own magnetic locker clips for school!
- Check out this pencil craft! You can make a back to school number 2 pencil vase!
- We have great locker decoration ideas like these DIY locker clips.
More Nail Art Fun for Kids From Kids Activities Blog
- You have to try these 13+ nail polish hacks!
- Want healthier nails? Then you need to try these essential oils!
- Learn how to do glitter nails the right ways!
- We have even more nail hacks!
- Check out the Nightmare Before Christmas nail art!
How did your back to school nails turn out? What other back to school nail ideas do you have?