We are always looking for candy alternatives to fill Easter eggs at my house and this filled Easter egg idea is a big hit! Kids will love the oozy, gooey, slimy fun of Gak Filled Easter Eggs! You will love how easy it is to pre-fill plastic Easter eggs with this ahead of time. This is a great non-candy treat to put into Easter eggs.
Ideas for Filling Easter Eggs that are Non Candy
Gak is so cool! It stretches and squishes like slime, but is a lot less messy.That’s what makes it the perfect material for filling Easter eggs.
Kids can take it out right away to play, then pop it back into the egg for easy storage.
This article includes affiliate links.
Supplies Needed to Make Prefilled Gak Easter Eggs
- plastic Easter eggs that do not have holes – see below if your plastic eggs have holes
- Store-bought Gak or make our super quick 2 Ingredient Gak recipe
Tip: We made our own Gak for this project (it is easy!) and used green glittered school glue!
Why Do Plastic Easter Eggs Have Holes?
This seems to be a pretty big mystery on the internet as to why newer plastic egg styles generally arrive with little holes. While the speculation goes from safety (holes allow breathing…I feel this one is a stretch since the holes are tiny) to they are for hanging the eggs (not the most common use), but the most reliable answer in my opinion is this:
“It’s to let the air out when you join the two halves together. Seal the holes and try it. They keep popping open!”-AskingLot, Why do Easter Eggs Have Holes
If your plastic Easter eggs have holes, fill them in with hot glue. You don’t want holes in your eggs for the Gak slime. And we haven’t seen any problem with having plastic eggs without holes.
Instructions to Make Prefilled Gak Easter Eggs
Gather your plastic eggs and Gak filling.
Next, press a small bit of Gak slime into each side of the egg.
Then snap the plastic egg shut. Repeat with the rest of the eggs!
Surprise Inside of Plastic Easter Eggs
When opened, the Gak will briefly hold the shape of the Easter egg before slowly oozing out. My children had fun holding the Gak up high and then letting it cascade into the other half of the egg.
Doesn’t it look like fun?
Related: Make Easter eggs filled with confetti
MORE EASTER IDEAS, PRINTABLES & COLORING PAGES
OK, so we have gone a little coloring page crazy lately, but all things spring-y and Easter are so fun to color:
- This zentangle coloring page is a beautiful bunny to color. Our zentangle coloring pages are as popular with adults as the kids!
- Don’t miss our printable bunny thank you notes which will brighten any mailbox!
- Check out this free Easter printables which is really a very large bunny coloring page!
- I love this simple Easter bag idea you can make at home!
- Decorate eggs with Eggmazing.
- These paper Easter eggs are fun to color and decorate.
- What cute Easter worksheets preschool level kids will love!
- Need more printable Easter worksheets? We have so many fun and educational bunny and baby chick filled pages to print!
- This adorable Easter color by number reveals a fun picture inside.
- Color this free Egg doodle coloring page!
- Oh the cuteness of these free Easter egg coloring pages.
- How about a big packet of 25 Easter Coloring Pages
- And some really fun Color An Egg Coloring Pages.
- Check out how to draw the Easter bunny tutorial…it is easy & printable!
- And our printable Easter fun facts pages are really awesome.
- We have all these ideas and more featured in our free Easter coloring pages!
- So may fun Easter crafts…so little time.
Are you going to make your own Gak for your pre-filled plastic Easter eggs?