Kid made ornaments are one of the best Christmas crafts for kids because they are fun to make and then can be hung every year on the Christmas tree as a keepsake. Kids of all ages, even the younger ones like toddlers, preschoolers and older can get involved in these easy Christmas ornament crafts. Our family has a tradition of making a new Christmas ornament decoration every year.
Easy Christmas Ornament Crafts for Kids
Our preschooler kids love activities and I was thrilled to have discovered so many great ornament ideas that our kids can create this year.
Related: More DIY Christmas ornaments
1. Clear Ornaments Painted by Kids
Check out how we painted our clear homemade Christmas ornaments! Even the youngest kids can get involved in this easy swirl Christmas craft. Your kids will enjoy making swirled painted ornaments ones to hang on the Christmas tree.
2. Tissue Paper Stained Glass Ornament Craft
Stained Glass Windows – for your tree! These are easy to create and make the perfect Christmas craft for kids of all ages. Younger kids don’t need a lot of skills to tear the tissue paper. Older kids can make more detailed and intricate stained glass patterns for their own ornaments.
3. Paper Plate Angel Tree Topper Craft for Kids
Paper Plate re-purposed and formed into an angel – it’s a Christmas Tree Topper! This genius use of a paper plate, some glue and glitter makes the best personalized Christmas tree angel.
4. Merry Pom Pom Christmas Tree Craft
Pine Cone Pom-Pom Trees. These trees are super cute and colorful and are great for younger crafters like toddlers, pre-K and preschoolers. The simplicity of this easy Christmas ornament craft makes it a hit and they are so pretty!
5. Homemade Gingerbread Ornaments
Oh So Yummy Ginger-bread Ornaments. These smell *so* good and you can make any shape for the Christmas tree.
6. Pipe Cleaner & Straw Star Ornaments Kids Can Make
Glittery Star Ornament. These DIY decorations look great with the twinkle lights on your tree and are a great fine motor skills builder.
7. Handmade Jingle Bell Ornaments
Jingle Bell Ornament. Let glad tidings ring… or at least know if your child is playing with the tree with this bell decoration. These make really cute bracelets kids can wear during the holiday season.
8. No-Sew Fabric Christmas Tree Ornaments
These super cute and easy cloth ornaments are actually a fun no-sew Christmas tree craft for kids. You could hang them on the Christmas tree or string them into a holiday banner.
9. Let’s Make a Sprinkle Ornament!
We have all seen the ornaments filled with paint, how about using clear paint and candy sprinkles for a festive Christmas decoration.
10. Baby in a Manger Ornament Craft
Jesus is the reason for the season, make a manger ornament using cotton stuffing and a walnut shell – cute!
Christmas Handprint Ornaments Kids Can Make
11. Christmas Tree Handprint Craft Ornament
Make this handprint ornament for your Christmas tree that is…a Christmas tree! What a sweet handprint ornament craft for kids to make year after year.
Ornament Crafts We Love
12. DIY Sparkly Jewel Christmas Tree Ornament
Reflective Art is great to hang on the tree in the midst of twinkle lights – love this Tin-Foil Craft ornament!
13. Christmas Ornaments Made from Popsicle Sticks
These Christmas crafts are ornament with popsicle sticks ideas and are the best crafts for kids of any age.
14. Q Tip Snowflake Ornaments that are Easy to Make
If you have ever wondered how to make a snowflake from q tips, we have the answer and they make the most adorable Christmas tree ornaments or holiday decorations hung from the ceiling.
15. Make a Scented Clay Christmas Ornament
Making DIY clay ornaments is easy and fun with these simple instructions that are great for kids of all ages
Xmas Craft Ideas
16. Tin Foil Christmas Ornament Crafts
We love these tin foil Christmas decorations because they are so easy to make and can be used as ornaments or easy homemade gifts kids can make. We made ornaments in the shape of Christmas trees, candy canes, presents and Santa’s hat.
17. Cork & Pipe Cleaner Ornament Crafts
Corked pipecleaner elves – these little men sit on dainty mushrooms and are so whimsical and fun. Check out the other ways to make something special for your Christmas tree.
18. Special Salt Dough Ornament Crafts
- Marbleize the salt dough for an interesting effect in your homemade ornaments this year.
- This salt dough ornament idea is super easy for younger kids too!
- Make a DIY ornament making kit to make your own ornament.
- These easy to make ornaments are DIY diffuser ornaments that will make your fake Christmas tree smell like the real thing.
19. Button Christmas Tree Crafts to Hang on the Tree
Mini-Christmas Tree ornaments made out of buttons, pipe cleaners and bells – cute!
20. Twiggy Star Craft for Christmas
Twine covered twigs become natural stars to decorate your Christmas Tree.
21. Colorful Christmas Tree Ornament Craft
Create your own Christmas tree ornament – use anything that sparkles in your craft cabinet and create a collage ornament.
MORE HOMEMADE ORNAMENTS FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Clear ornament ideas — what to fill those plastic and glass balls!
- Kid-made easy painted clear ornaments art.
- Pipe cleaner Christmas crafts including the cutest ornaments!
- Make the coolest natural ornaments with outdoor found objects
- FREE Printable Kids Christmas Ornaments
- There are so many amazing homemade ornaments you can make with your kids
- Salt dough handprint ornaments you can make – this one is a nativity scene.
- Make your own ugly sweater ornament perfect for your Christmas tree!
- The best Christmas crafts for kids! <–Over 250 to choose from.
- Add some holiday flair with these diy scented program!
What is your favorite Christmas ornament craft?