Love doing simple crafts with your kids? These easy crafts are simple enough to do with preschoolers and kindergarteners, but creative and fun for older kids and adults. All of these easy crafts for kids are budget friendly too! Try making these easy craft ideas with household items at home or in the classroom.
Easy Crafts For Kids of All Ages + Adults
Sometimes you want to craft with your kids without making an extra trip to the store for lots of random supplies.
These easy crafts are perfect! You can do all of them with under 3 ingredients or craft supplies.
This post contain affiliate links
Simple Crafts For Kids With Minimal Supplies
Plus, many of these crafts are a great way to use up stuff you have around the house like paper plates, pom poms, acrylic paint, popsicle sticks, googly eyes, embroidery floss, polymer clay, hot glue, really anything!
Younger kids, little kids, big kids, everyone will enjoy these simple ideas because all of these simple ideas are easy peasy! Time to get crafting!
Super Easy and Fun Craft Ideas for Kids
1. Breezy DIY Bracelet Craft For Kids
Wide craft sticks and colorful thread are all you need to make these fun bangles.
2. Easy Sewing Printable Bunny Template
Cardboard and colorful shoe laces, or even yarn, are great for kids to practice sewing and develop their fine motor skills. You can get the sewing card template in the post!
3. Simple DIY Suncatcher Craft
Sticky clear contact paper and colorful bits of plastic or even tissue paper are all you need to make gorgeous suncatchers!
4. Effortless Robot Puppet Craft
Robots! They are fun and capture the imagination like none other!! These paper robot puppets are super easy to make with some grommets! Don’t have grommets? Use yarn to knot the pieces together!
5. Video: Make Fun Salt Art Trouble-Free
Simple Crafts For Kids
6. Easy Tin Art
All you need is foil, permanent markers and regular glue to make these brilliant works of art! The foil really helps the marker standout!
7. How To Use Old Crayons the Painless Way
Bring new life to old crayons – create crayon wands by melting down your crayon bits and pieces! Pour the wax into straws. Genius!
8. Simple Glue Painting Craft
Paint on wet glue! It dries into a glossy disc that is perfect as an ornament or even a coaster! All you need is school glue, food dye and an old lid.
Easy Play Recipes For Kids
9. Quick Moon Sand Craft
Moon sand is better than playdough! It is squishy and has a bouncy texture. So, so soft!! You will love this recipe to make you own moon sand! We make ours with only cornstarch and oil!
10. Effortless Kinetic Sand Craft
Want something similar? You can make kinetic sand using play sand and a batch of slime. This stuff is super cool!
Super Simple Crafts with 2-3 Supplies
11. Stained Glass Art the Straightforward Way
Clear glue, food coloring and a frame are all you need to create this stained glass art! The colors are so brilliant! It looks great in a sunny window!
12. Calm Sugar Scrub Rainbow Craft
Bring out the color! Make a sugar scrub rainbow that will liven up any dreary day!! All you need is sugar, oil and food coloring (essential oils are optional).
13. Easy Tie Dye Crafts
14. Relaxed Stamp Crafts For Kids
Make block stamps! These are a blast to learn about forming patterns!
15. Simple Henna Hand Art
Love fake tattoos? Our kids love decorating themselves! You can do something similar with gel pens. Decorate yourself. To make it into a “tattoo” cover your arm art with a fine layer of hairspray!
Easy Arts and Craft Ideas
16. Craft String Crafts that are Uncomplicated
Get to spinning! This is a fun kids craft that will help with hand-eye coordination, and the colors are just mesmerizing! All you need is paper, markers and string!
17. How To Make A Lava Lamp Effortlessly
Lava lamps are a blast to watch. You can make your own lava lamp using oil, water and an food coloring. Shake and watch the colored blobs move around. Just gorgeous to watch!
18. Easy Chalk Rock Craft
Crafty chalk rocks! These are fun and easy to make. All you need is some plaster of Paris and food dye! We made a collection that the kids used up in a weekend they crafted and colored with their rocks non-stop!
19. Quick & Easy Butterfly Mask Craft
Pretend play is so much fun! It opens whole worlds of fun! Make a mask with foam sheets! You can be anything you want to be!
20. Quick Arts & Crafts for Kids
Looking for more craft ideas? We have literally hundreds of other projects you can do with your kids. Check out this list that is updated almost daily of 5-minute crafts!
21. Oh so Simple Melting Crayons Craft
Melting crayons! The finished craft project looks absolutely amazing!! Your kids will love watching the crayons drip as you make these together. All you need are crayons, paper and a hair dryer!
22. Easy Jewelry Crafts For Kids
You can transform water bottles into wearable art using markers! These bangles are a mix between jewelry and art – and are super fun. Your kids won’t be able to make just one or even five!!
23. Weaving Using Straws Child’s Play
Knitting does not need to be hard or complicated! Teach yourself how to knit, using straws as your “frame”. Your kids can craft with only two supplies!
More Fun And Easy Kids Crafts From Kids Activities Blog
- We have over 65+ toilet paper roll crafts. Whether it is jewelry, holiday crafts, favorite characters, animals, we have toilet paper roll crafts for everything!
- Choo choo! Toilet paper roll trains are easy to make and double as a fun toy!
- Check it out! We have 25 amazing toilet paper roll crafts.
- Be super with these super hero cuffs made from cardboard tubes.
- These zoo crafts for preschoolers are both cute and educational.
- Who doesn’t love sharks? We have plenty of shark projects for preschoolers.
- Look at this art made from toilet paper rolls.
- Have a stomping good time with these dinosaur crafts.
- Have hours of fun with these printable shadow puppets.
- Do you have old clothespins? We have a lot of painted wood clothespins craft ideas.
- Check out these other middle school art projects.
- Check out these easy crafts for two year olds!
Which fun and easy craft are you going to try? Let us know in the comments! We’d love to hear from you.