I’m always looking for new and creative toilet paper roll crafts. I love making things with recyclables and everyone has toilet paper tubes! My four year old son is currently superhero crazy so I thought what better than making some superhero cuffs? We both had a blast with this simple project and the results yielded hours of imaginative play. We enjoyed some great creative time together and then Mommy got a nice break while her little superhero set out saving the world. You can’t ask for much more than that! So don’t toss those toilet paper rolls, they can be transformed into something truly super!
To Make Toilet Roll Superhero Cuffs You’ll Need
- Four toilet paper rolls for one set of cuffs
- Hole Punch
How to Make Toilet Roll Superhero Cuffs
- First cut a slit all the way down one side of all four paper rolls. Two will be your cuffs and the other two will provide the material for your shapes.
- Flatten two of the rolls and cut superhero shapes from them. Ideas include stars, bats, lightening bolts, letters, the sky’s the limit!
- Paint your pieces. Paint all around your cuffs and on both sides of your shapes. Be sure to use two different colors so that your super hero shapes really pop!
- Once the paint dries, glue your shapes to the top of your cuffs and allow to dry.
- Punch a few holes down each side of your cuff openings and lace them up by threading them with yarn.
- Now you’re ready to don your super cool cuffs and try out your new super powers.
Part craft, part toy, all fun, I hope you enjoy making and playing with these as much as we did!