Toilet paper roll crafts are one of our most favorite craft activities. The possibilities of things you can create are endless!
We’ve got a huge selection of crafts today you can make from your everyday toilet paper roll. It’s crazy to think how long we were throwing these things away!
Toilet Paper Roll Crafts For Kids
We throw out so many toilet paper rolls. Many times we don’t think about how many things we can make out of them. From dolls, to toys, crafts, and more…they’re super versatile and a great crafting item. Who knew!?
This post has a ton of great ideas. So many in fact we broke it up in sections to better help you navigate through it.
- Animal Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
- Holiday Paper Roll Crafts
- Nature Paper Roll Crafts
- Paper Roll Crafts That Go Zoom
- Educational Paper Roll Crafts
- Magical Paper Roll Crafts
- Favorite Characters Made From Paper Rolls
- Pretend Play Paper Roll Crafts
Basic Crafting Supplies Needed For These Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
For most of these crafts you will need some basic crafting supplies. Most of these you may have already, but if not we can help! (This post contains affiliate links.) Some of these crafting items are:
- Paint Brushes
- Toilet Paper Tubes
- Pipe Cleaners
- Pom Poms
- Glue Sticks
65+ Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
There are crafts for every ages from: toddlers, preschool kids, kindergarten kids, and I would say up to the 4th grade.
Animal Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
1. Paper Plate Lion Toilet Paper Tube Craft
It may be a paper plate lion, but it’s body is made from a toilet paper roll. It’s really a fun craft with lots of coloring!
2. Cotton Ball Sheep Toilet Roll Craft
Make a fluffy cotton ball sheep using empty toilet paper rolls as their bodies. Don’t forget about their little legs made from pipe cleaners!
3. Toilet Paper Roll Octopus Craft
This toilet paper roll octopus would be a great rainy day craft! Make an octopus easily using a toilet paper roll, crayons, markers, and construction paper!
4. Penguin Paper Tube Craft
Penguins are super cute and one of the more easy crafts. Just need paper, glue, yard, googly eyes, and a toilet paper roll. This penguin craft is adorable.
5. Caterpillar Cardboard Tube Craft
Spread the love with this love bug caterpillar craft! It’s colorful and cute, and rests on a heart shaped tube made from a toilet paper roll. Super cute and perfect for Valentine’s day.
6. Bumble Bee Craft Preschool Kids Will Love Made From Toilet Paper Rolls
Teaching the letter B? Learning about bugs? Then you’ll definitely want to try out this bumble bee craft preschool kids will not only love, but have an easy time with. It really is a cute idea.
7. Crow Toilet Paper Tube Craft
Do you know the song about the 5 little crows? That is where this crow craft came fun! So enjoy some crafts and songs with your preschool kid.
8. Toilet Paper Roll Owl Craft
Who. Who. A toilet paper roll owl that’s who! Puns aside, this is perfect for craft time! They’re easy to make and adorable!
9. Hungry Caterpillar Paper Tube Craft
Does your child love the Hungry Caterpillar book? Then pair this craft up with the story. It will be so much fun!
10. Owl Art Toilet Paper Roll Activity
Use empty rolls to make this owl art activity! It’s wings are white and fuzzy and super cute.
11. Shark Cardboard Roll Craft
Dun dun….dun dun…dun dun…. That was the first thing that came to mind when I saw this shark craft. Whether you love Jaws, sharks, or shark week, this is a one of the more cute toilet paper crafts. Look at the pointy teeth!
12. Butterfly Cardboard Tube Craft
Cupcake liners, pipe cleaners, markers, toilet paper tubes are all you need! They used gold and white cupcake liners, but I think the colorful ones or ones with designs on them would be perfect for this butterfly craft.
13. How To Make A Toilet Paper Tube Octopus
Want to show your child how to make a toilet paper tube octopus? It’s easy! And they have long flowy legs!
14. Hungry Caterpillar Necklace Made From A Paper Tube
Everyone likes the story about the Hungry Caterpillar, and now you can make this cute Hungry Caterpillar necklace.
15. Owl Art For Kids Made From An Empty Toilet Roll
This owl art for kids is super unique because the owl is sleeping on a tree branch. This is great for bigger kids!
Holiday Paper Roll Crafts
16. Cardboard Tube Turkey
How festive! You can make a turkey for Thanksgiving using colorful cupcake liners and a toilet paper roll. This is one of my favorite easy toilet paper roll crafts for the holidays!
17. Paper Tube Christmas Tree
Don’t throw out that toilet paper roll! This is the perfect way to get into the holiday spirit by making this paper tube Christmas tree. Add a little paint, sequins, gems, and you’re all set.
18. The Jolly Christmas Postman Paper Roll Craft
The Jolly Christmas Postman is a children’s book and is super cute. You can base an ornament off the story by making your own small cardboard mailbox to hang on the tree. This would be a great Christmas craft for younger kids.
19. Cardboard Tube Santa Doll Craft
Santa dolls are perfect to make for the holiday season and are rather simple crafts. But these are special because they teach your child about their emotions as well. That’s very important especially for smaller children.
20. Christmas Toilet Paper Craft
Looking for more holiday crafts? Then you’ll definitely find the perfect one among these Christmas toilet paper crafts.
21. Kids Christmas Wrapping Paper Toilet Paper Roll Craft
What a great way to use empty paper towel or toilet paper rolls! Let your child make their own kids Christmas wrapping paper by stamping brown paper! This is also a great way to work on fine motor skills.
22. Pumpkin Stamp Paper Tube Craft
This pumpkin stamp would make a great Halloween craft. This is one of those toilet roll crafts that can be used for Halloween or fall.
23. Heart Stamp Made From Toilet Paper Tube
Share the love with this heart stamp. This would be perfect for Valentine’s cards and Valentine’s art. It’s easy peasy to do, and a lot of fun! Make red hearts, purple hearts, pink hearts, or whatever your favorite color is.
24. No Glue Christmas Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
We already made Santa dolls, now it is time to make Santa’s helpers! This is a great addition to the Santa craft and is great for small kids since it is one of the few no glue Christmas crafts that I’ve come across.
25. Shamrock Printing Made From Toilet Paper Tubes
Don’t forget about St. Patrick’s Day! This craft project is super easy, you just need 4 toilet paper rolls and paint to do some shamrock printing.
26. Paper Tube Christmas Tree
Okay, this one will require you save up a few toilet paper tubes. But once you have them you can make a paper tube Christmas tree. Decorate it with other craft supplies like: paint, glitter, sequins, etc.
27. Thanksgiving Place Cards Made From Cardboard Tubes
Let your children help decorate this Thanksgiving by making this super cute Thanksgiving place cards. Each one is colorful, looks like a turkey, and only requires basic supplies. Plus it will help keep your kids busy while you start prepping for supper!
28. Toilet Paper Roll Halloween Crafts
How spooky! These toilet paper roll Halloween crafts are actually very cute. Use your empty rolls, and a little toilet paper or paper towels to make this mummy!
29. Santa Belt Buckle Toilet Paper Roll Craft
Put your little gifts into this Santa belt buckle box! This is a great project for Christmas to wrap stocking stuffers and jewelry. You’d never guess it was a toilet paper roll either!
30. Emo Christmas Fairies Made From Cardboard Tubes
Learn about emotions with these Emo Christmas Fairies and friends project! Make Holly the Christmas fairy, Jack Frost, Santa, and more!
31. Star Ornament Toilet Tube Craft For Preschoolers
Pair a book and a craft this holiday season! Make this star ornament craft for preschoolers to decorate your Christmas tree!
32. Mr. and Mrs. Claus Cardboard Roll Craft
Mr. and Mrs. Claus are so easy to make and art absolute cute! These Christmas dolls are such a great craft, I think for kids in Kindergarten and up as they’re a little more elaborate.
33. DIY Star Topper Made From A Cardboard Tube
All Christmas trees need a beautiful topper! What a great project using toilet paper tubes. Paint it green and add a giant shiny star! Then your DIY star topper is complete.
34. Toilet Paper Roll Advent Calendar
Save those toilet paper rolls and extra tissue paper to make this awesome toilet paper roll advent calendar. Why spend the extra money when you can make your own.
35. Santa Christmas Toilet Paper Tube Craft For Toddlers
Grab pom poms, paint, googly eyes, toilet paper tubes, cotton balls, pipe cleaners, and a soda tab to make this adorable Santa Christmas craft for toddlers.
36. Handmade Toilet Paper Roll Pillow Box
A handmade pillow box can be used for any small gifts or even little treats like Hershey Kisses. This is perfect for Christmas, Valentine’s day, birthdays, and Easter baskets. Decorate each box with washi tape!
37. Cardboard Tube American Flag Craft
Get festive for Memorial Day, Veterans Day, and the Fourth of July with this American flag craft. You will need 4 toilet paper tubes, blue and red pain, glue, white stars, and white washi tape.
38. Accordion Paper Roll Trees
Make a “fan” out of green construction paper and set it into the toilet paper role. Don’t forget to decorate your tree. This accordion paper tree is super cute.
Nature Paper Roll Crafts
39. Cardboard Roll Flowers Craft
This is an easy way to recycle! Use empty tp rolls to make beautiful cardboard flowers and then use a drink mix canister as the vase! I love this.
40. Toilet Paper Roll Snowflakes Craft
Ah winter! My favorite season of all time! Celebrate winter with these toilet paper roll snowflakes. Your little ones will have a great time with this craft as they get to play with paint!
41. DIY Bird Feeder Made From Toilet Paper Rolls
I love when people come up with creative ideas that give back to the world and this DIY bird feeder does just that.
42. Honeycomb Toilet Paper Roll Activity
This bee craft would go well with the previous one. You aren’t making a bee, but rather honeycomb. Give your bee a home! This honeycomb activity is a great way to teach your child about nature!
43. DIY Bridge Made From Cardboard Tubes
Learn about physical science with this DIY Bridge project. You will make a suspension bridge and be recycling all in one! What a fun educational craft.
44. Apple Toilet Roll Craft
Make apples from toilet paper tubes! This is a great craft that could teach about fall, Johnny Appleseed, or just the letter A!
45. Fall Cardboard Roll Tree Craft
Celebrate fall with this fall cardboard tree craft! All you need is some finger paints, foam, and toilet paper rolls. It’s a lot of fun to make and even great for smaller kids like toddlers and preschool kids.
46. Snowmen Made From Paper Rolls
These snowmen are so adorable. Use pom poms and pipe cleaners as ear muffs and buttons for, well, buttons!
Paper Roll Crafts That Go Zoom
47. How To Make A Boat With Toilet Paper Tubes
Want to know how to make a boat? Well…this boat looks more like a barge to me, but it’s still super cool. It’s made out of a clean cardboard milk container and it’s stacks are made from empty toilet rolls. Super cute!
48. Airplane Empty Toilet Roll Craft
Speaking of things that go zoom, your little one will love this airplane craft. It’s super easy to make and comes with a free letter A printable. Fun and educational, a win-win!
49. Submarine For Kids Made From Tissue Paper Roll
Making a submarine for kids one of the more fun toilet paper roll crafts. It’s kinda elaborate with it’s stacks, windows, straws, and colors!
50. Easy Airplane Toilet Roll Craft
An empty egg carton, toilet paper roll, and some paper, and paint, is all you need for this easy airplane craft. This little project allows you to not only make an airplane, but a pilot too!
51. Car Cardboard Tube Craft
Zoom off with this super easy car craft. Grab your markers, paint, toilet paper tube, and jug lids!
52. School Bus Toilet Paper Roll Craft
The wheels on the bus go round and round with this school bus craft. Decorate a shoe box to look like a big yellow school bus and use toilet paper tubes as the wheels!
53. Train Paper Roll Craft
Build an entire train from toilet paper rolls using plastic bottle lids as wheels. Paint them and tie them together with string! This train craft doubles as a toy!
Educational Paper Roll Crafts
54. Emo Paper Roll Doll
No this isn’t emo like when millennials were in school in the late 90’s and early 2000’s. Rather they’re emotional dolls! Teach your kids about the different emotions with these emo dolls so they can better understand how they are feeling.
55. Chore Chart Made From Paper Towel Rolls
Kids may not be exactly excited for this one, but this craft project is fun to make and will teach your child to be more independent and how to be more responsible. Plus, it’s a cute chore chart and very colorful.
56. Visual Addition Game With Cardboard Tubes
Learn addition the easy way using pom poms and toilet paper tubes. They can keep adding pom poms to the tubes until they get to the correct number. This visual addition game is great for toddlers, preschool kids, and kindergarten students.
57. Marble Games For Kids Using Cardboard Tubes
Anyone who loves Marble Run will love this marble tube game. It’s easy to make and even more fun to play with!
Magical Paper Roll Crafts
58. Unicorn Wrapping Paper Roll Craft
Okay, I won’t lie, this unicorn craft is one of my favorite crafts. Who doesn’t want to make magical unicorn with colorful hair!?
59. Tissue Paper Roll Party Poppers
What’s more magical than parties? What creative ideas! Use old toilet paper rolls to make party poppers.
60. Birthday Countdown Ideas Using Toilet Paper Rolls
Countdown to your child’s birthday with these super cute fairies! They’re bright and cheerful and a great way to get your child excited! This is one of my favorite birthday countdown ideas.
61. Cardboard House Using Cardboard Tubes
Build a cardboard house out of toilet paper rolls and cardboard boxes. Then let your little one decorate it anyway they want! This makes me think about doll houses in a way we used to play with as kids.
Favorite Characters Made From Paper Rolls
62. Ballerina Toilet Paper Roll Craft
Your little girl (or boy) will love this ballerina craft. Not only can you give the ballerina long legs and a pretty face, but a beautiful tutu!
63. Pirate Cardboard Tube Art
Arrr! Ahoy Matey! This pirate art is not only fun, but it will provide hours of fun even after your child finishes making the pirates.
64. Star Wars Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
Star Wars is huge in my house! So make Princess Leia, R2D2, Chewbacca, and the rest of the crew with this Star Wars toilet paper crafts.
65. Lord Rama Made From Cardboard Tubes
Learn about other cultures and how Lord Rama defeated the evil King Ravana with this fun craft!
66. Frosty The Snowman Toilet Roll Craft
Frosty the Snowman is well known around Christmas time. But this emotion doll is a fun way to help your child express their own emotions and encourage emotional imaginative play.
67. Simple Cardboard Roll Robots
Next time you have some extra empty toilet paper rolls you’ll definitely want to make these simple cardboard robots! All you need is some paint and markers. So easy.
68. Bo Peep and Sheep Paper Roll Craft
Everyone knows the story of Little Bo Peep and her Sheep, but if not, this would be a great time to tell the nursery rhyme while making this unique craft.
69. Robot Paper Roll Craft
Make a shiny robot using boxes, tinfoil, and cardboard tubes! Don’t forget to add accessories like buttons, beats, and pom poms! What a fun robot craft.
70. Darth Vader and Stormtroopers Toilet Paper Roll Craft
This! This is my favorite! Who doesn’t love Darth Vader and Stormtroopers! These are made from household items and are easy to make. This would be great for a craft and movie day!
71. Minecraft Creeper Cardboard Tube Craft
Minecraft Creepers….are well creepy. They silently sneak up on your and BOOM! There goes the house you’ve been building all day. But regardless, they’re still cool, and you can build one using toilet paper tubes.
72. Alien Tissue Paper Roll Craft
Everyone will love this alien craft. Give them lots of eyes, lots of arms, and make them super colorful!
73. Elmo and Cookie Monster Toilet Paper Roll Craft
I think that Elmo and Cookie Monster are probably one of the more popular Sesame Street characters. And now you can make the using toilet paper tubes. These are some seriously cute toilet paper crafts.
74. Video: Learn How To Make An Alien Using Toilet Paper Rolls
75. Toilet Paper Roll Ninja
Who doesn’t like ninjas? Now you can make these awesome toilet paper roll ninjas! They’re super easy to make!
Pretend Play Paper Roll Crafts
76. Binoculars Toilet Paper Tube Craft
Use toilet paper rolls of any small cardboard tubes to make pretend binoculars! This is a great way to inspire pretend play and get your child outside.
77. Castle Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
This is my favorite kids’ craft!! I love all things castle and this cardboard castle is super elaborate and amazing. Your kids will definitely have a great time making this castle craft. I know I will!
78. Toy Wrapping Paper Tube Bangles
Play dress up with these DIY toy bangles. Use cardboard tubes, tinfoil, and washi tape to make pretty toy jewelry.
79. Superhero Cardboard Tube Crafts
Superhero crafts! Make some superhero cuffs! Can’t fight crime without being dressed appropriately.
Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
Like these toilet paper roll crafts? We have even more toilet paper roll crafts, and these ones include images!
More Toilet Paper Roll Crafts From Kids Activities Blog:
- We have 18 more paper crafts for kids as well!
- Remember playing with paper dolls when you were a child? We have some awesome paper crafts using paper dolls.
- Still looking for more toilet paper roll crafts? We have 25 more you have to try!
- We also have quite a few animal paper plate crafts! Make bears, cats, whales, and more!
- Make these super cute paper lanterns!
- Paper mache is a crafting technique I feel like a lot of people have forgotten about, but it’s such a fun medium! Try making this paper mache butterfly!
- Looking for more paper crafts? We have over 250+ to choose from!
What toilet paper roll craft are you going to try first? We’d love to hear about it below!