Let’s make toddler crafts! Crafts for 2 year olds are so much fun because two-year-olds love creating, doing, being endlessly curious and getting into everything. These creative activities for 2 year olds will keep little hands busy and making some simple first crafts.
Toddler Crafts for 2 Year Olds??
If you’d like some tried and kid-tested 2 year old crafts ideas to keep toddlers busy and engaged (and out of the saucepan cupboard), you are in the right place. All of these toddler crafts are easy creative activities for 2 year olds using stuff you already have in the house and require little set up.
1. Two Year Old Art Project Made Simple & Mess-Free
MESS FREE TODDLER PAINT (using Ziploc bags) – Let your child squish to his heart’s delight – a great mess free activity for the smalls. via PinkStripeySocks
Related: Mess free finger painting for toddlers
2. Make Sculptures with Edible Playdough
EDIBLE PLAY DOUGH – Dairy and gluten-nut-free, easy to make with just three ingredients. Toddlers won’t be able to help themselves from creating the most unique and unusual art sculptures with the homemade playdough clay.
3. Easy Bird Nest Craft Perfect for Toddlers
NEST & BIRD CRAFT – The sweetest paper nest craft is a cutting and gluing activity – so so cute!! via buggyandbuddy
Related: 2 year olds can help make a nest ball craft
4. Let’s Craft Letters with Playdough!
MAKING LETTERS WITH PLAY DOUGH – Prewriting fun with play dough and straws!! via Kids Activities Blog
5. Butterfly Crafts Toddlers Can Make
We love the colorful butterfly wings for art projects. Here are several ways your 2 year old can make beautiful butterfly arts & crafts:
- Our easiest butterfly craft is a finger paint butterfly
- Make a butterfly collage together with things you find outside
- Make a butterfly watercolor painting with pasta
- Make a butterfly suncatcher craft – younger kids will need a little help creating the butterfly shape
- Use these butterfly coloring page ideas to color or start your own butterfly project
- Make a butterfly feeder to hang in your backyard
- These easy painting ideas for kids are all butterfly inspired!
- Choose from oh so many lovely butterfly crafts for kids
6. Make Homemade Shaving Cream Paint
This fun shaving cream paint can be easily made at home and it is a great messy sensory activity, looks cool, and paints awesomely.
7. Colorful Science Artwork
With this colorful vinegar and baking soda reaction for kids, art appears in the most magical way!
8. Make Rainbow Beans Together
Have toddlers help you make rainbow sensory beans and then supervise as they create their own sensory artwork through play.
9. Easy Popsicle Stick Butterfly Craft
DOT MARKER BUTTERFLIES – A captivating art activity for the littles, inspired by everyone’s favorite… the butterfly. via plainvanillamom
10. Easy Construction Paper & Clothespin Giraffe Craft
Make this cute giraffe craft made out of circles and clothes pins.
11. Toddler Made Windchimes
YOGURT CUP WIND CHIMES – Kids love to see their bright and fun art pots hanging up in their tree. via frogsandsnailsandpuppydogtail
12. LEGO craft for kids
CREATE A LEGO RAINBOW – Make a little paint rainbow to help your child have a visual organizer as they create their rainbow. via Kids Activities Blog
13. Paper Plate Craft for Toddlers
This snail art starts with a paper plate! 2 year olds can get really creative with the snail art decoration! Help them cut the spiral snail shape.
14. Caterpillars Made from Egg Cartons
This simple and adorable caterpillar craft starts with egg cartons. It is a traditional craft for younger kids that never fails to deliver creative fun.
15. Toilet Paper Roll Monster Craft
These toilet paper roll monsters are just plain adorably frightening! Toddlers will love sticking on the googly eyes to create their own version of a monster craft.
More Toddler Fun from Kids Activities Blog
- How to make cloud dough which 2 year olds adore
- Thanksgiving crafts for toddlers
- Toddlers will love these funny jokes
- These easy fall crafts are great for toddlers
- Handprint art is the perfect art for 2 year olds!
- Let’s make sensory bins!
- Activities for 3 year olds…anyone?
- Toddler snacks are very important and easy to make at home!
- Toddlers love these indoor activities for kids.
- Try some of these Halloween crafts!
- More easy toddler crafts you can make.
Which of these crafts for 2 year olds are you going to make first?