23 Exciting Large Group Activities For Preschoolers
Today, we have 23 exciting large group activities for preschoolers from all over the internet. From a science experiment with oil and water to easy activities like a parachute game, we have large group activities for preschool children and kids of all ages.
Having fun activities suited for young children that will focus on gross motor skills while still encouraging preschoolers to have as much fun as a daily schedule will allow can be difficult with a large group.
FAVORITE large group activities FOR preschoolers
Little children first experience large group play typically during preschool activities or summer camps. Social skills tend to be the focus of these with mostly free play occurring instead of advanced activities that meet needs like language development.
Large groups and preschoolers are great together!
That is one of the reasons why these large group activities are so perfect. Some small children can enjoy physical activity or literacy activities; while others will be singing and dancing or making slime. These fun group games for the preschool years are just plain awesome!
If these gross motor activities look like fun, but you’re not sure of your children’s needs, these activities can be a great way to have fun!
This post contains affiliate links.
1. Cheerios Bracelet
Making cheerios bracelets is a great activity to use fine motor skills.
2. Counting Flowers in Your Neighborhood
Counting flowers is a fun way to see different colors in your community.
3. Fireworks Marble Painting
Little hands will love this preschool activity of Fireworks Marble Painting.
4. Robot Dance-A Little Gross Motor Fun
For extra fun with a group of children try this dance from Sara J Creations.
5. Paper Plate Emotion Masks
Facial expressions on paper plates make great masks from No Time For Flashcards.
6. Parachute Games for Toddlers : Easy Activities for Early Years
The large circle of the parachute means a good time for the entire class from The Frugal Ginger.
7. Rainbow Wheel Color Matching Game for Toddlers & Preschoolers
This color wheel is an easy way to teach hand-eye coordination with small objects from The Soccer Mom Blog.
8. DIY Slime With No Glue Recipe (With Video)
Playing with slime is the best way for school-age children to have extra fun from The Soccer Mom Blog.
9. One Song + One Ball = Fun And Learning!
Grab an extra-large ball for circle game play from PreK And K Sharing.
10. Circle Time Activities To Build Literacy Skills
Young students’ literacy skills are enhanced with these song sheets from Growing Book By Book.
11. Learn the Alphabet Bingo Game
Great ideas for like this simple game from Frugal Fun For Boys helps little ones learn the letters of the alphabet.
12. Silly Dust Bunny Puppets
This fun activity from Early Learning Ideas is perfect for teaching critical thinking.
13. Super Cool Lava Lamp Experiment for Kids
Young students will have a great time with this activity from Fun Learning For Kids.
14. Oil and Water Science Exploration
Children will want extra time for this activity from Fun Learning For Kids.
15. Magic Milk Science Experiment
This experiment from Fun Learning For Kids is a great way to learn the different characteristics of liquids.
16. Pom Pom Wall
Lightweight balls of pom poms provide hours of fun from Toddler Approved.
17. Play Duck Duck Goose
Outdoor activities like this fun game are a blast with a large group from Childhood 101.
18. What’s the Time, Mr Wolf?
This game is a great math activity from Childhood 101.
19. Toddler Time: Freeze!
Work on motor skills and following directions with this game from I Can Teach My Child.
20. Please, Mr Crocodile
All this game needs is your kids and the great outdoors from Childhood 101.
21. Zoo Animals Roll And Move Game
Indoor games are more fun with animals from Pre-K Pages.
22. Zoo Animals Roll And Move Game
London Bridge is falling down is a great game for small groups or large from YouTube.
23. Pop Bottle Bowling
MORE FALL CRAFTS & FUN FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Get your crayons ready for these connect the dot pages!
- Enjoy these preschool shape activities for learning fun.
- Kids can have fun playing these indoor activities for toddlers.
- 125 number activities for preschool are sure to keep your little ones entertained.
- These gross motor activities are great for your preschooler.
- The 50 summer activities are all of our favorites!
Which of the large group activities for preschoolers are you going to try first? Which group activity is your favorite?