Free Fall Nature Scavenger Hunt for Kids with Printable
Our fall nature scavenger hunt is the perfect excuse to get outside and enjoy the season with your kids. This printable nature scavenger hunt for kids works for all ages…even those who can’t read because there is a picture-only scavenger hunt version. Part treasure hunt, part family or class activity, kids will have a ball on this nature scavenger hunt!
Fall Nature Scavenger Hunt for Kids
Our scavenger hunt is extra fun with a free printable that encourages exploration, and can even be colored! This activity works with a large range of ages, making it a great way for the whole family to spend an afternoon.
Related: Make crafts from nature after your scavenger hunt
Also, this scavenger hunt encourages children to observe nature and the changing seasons with a keen eye. It is an opportunity to learn and discover interesting things about the natural world.
Download & Print Free Nature Scavenger Hunt PDF Files Here
This article contains affiliate links.
Supplies Needed for Nature Scavenger Hunt
- Free Printable Fall Nature Scavenger Hunt – see below to download & print scavenger hunt pages
- (Optional) Clipboard to hold your nature scavenger hunt printable securely
- A pencil to mark off your finds – attach your pencil to the clipboard with some string so you don’t lose it!
- Bag to collect small items
- (Optional) Binoculars and a magnifying glass
- Place full of fall nature to explore
- Your curiosity!
After you return, you can grab your crayons and markers to color your fall nature scavenger hunt page like a coloring page based on the colors you saw out in the wild.
On this Scavenger Hunt, You Will Be Looking for…
1. Find a Squirrel
2. Find a Cloud
3. Find a Spider
4. Find Berries
5. Find Some Acorns
6. Find Some Moss
7. Find a Pine Cone
8. Find a Yellow Leaf
9. Find a Red Leaf
10. Find Some Seeds
11. Find a Big Rock
12. Find a Bird
13. Find Something Soft
14. Find a Tall Tree
15. Find a Mushroom
16. Find a Brown Leaf
How to Host a Fall Nature Scavenger Hunt for Kids
1 – Click Here to Download & Print Scavenger Hunt pdf File
2 – Gather your supplies and head outside.
3 – Try to find as many items on the sheet as possible.
4 – Be sure to mark them off as you discover them!
Note: If you don’t wish to use the printable here are some ideas for things to look for: pine cone, cloud, bird, yellow leaf, red leaf, orange leaf, brown leaf, moss, acorns, stick, seeds, spider, squirrel, big rock, tall tree, mushroom, something smooth, something soft. You can simply write as many ideas as you’d like on a sheet of paper and use that as your guide.
5 – When you’ve had your fill of hunting, find a nice spot (outside or at home) and color your guide.
I hope this activity makes your next fall hike extra fun!
If you are looking for more fun fall activities check out 12 Fall Activities to Welcome the Season!
More Scavenger Hunt Fun from Kids Activities Blog
- Let’s go on a birthday scavenger hunt!
- Let’s go on a backyard scavenger hunt!
- Let’s go on an indoor scavenger hunt!
- Let’s go on a virtual scavenger hunt!
- Let’s go on a camping scavenger hunt!
- Let’s go on a road trip scavenger hunt!
- Let’s go on a photo scavenger hunt!
- Let’s go on a Christmas lights scavenger hunt!
- Let’s go on an Easter scavenger hunt!
- Let’s go on a St Patricks Day scavenger hunt!
- Let’s go on a pumpkin scavenger hunt!
- Let’s go on an indoor egg hunt!
- Don’t miss out on these other fun family games!
More Nature Fun from Kids Activities blog
- Download and print our free nature coloring pages
- Summer camp activities for kids you can do at home or in the classroom
- Try these kids journal ideas that start with inspiration from nature
- Make these Christmas decorations from nature
How did your fall nature scavenger hunt go? Did you find everything on the printable list? Were there things that were really hard to find?