Celebrate fall by making these fall crafts for preschoolers!
Fall Crafts for Preschoolers
This post contains affiliate links.
We’re big into fall arts and crafts, and we love creating with our little ones. The best part about these easy crafts for kids is that most of them can be made with things you already have around your house, plus a dash of imagination, of course. So grab your crafting supplies (and maybe some natural elements, too!), and let’s get started.
- Make a DIY Pine Cone Bird Feeder. This is such an easy preschool fall craft!
- Tissue paper fall leaves are the perfect autumn kids craft!
- Create some fall nature crafts with your preschooler.
- Turn fallen pine cones into a fun snake.
- Create a scarecrow out of popsicle sticks!
- Draw with nature is the perfect fall activity for preschoolers!
Fall Art Projects for Kids
- Whooooo wants to make this adorable owl mask? via The Educators Spin On It (This preschool fall craft would also be a great addition to a Halloween Costume!)
- Kids will love making a paper plate scarecrow! via Glued to My Crafts
- This handprint acorn preschool fall craft makes the sweetest keepsake! via Crafty Morning
- Use fruit loops and toilet paper rolls to make fall trees! via Jessica Holmes Candle In the Night
- These are some of the best inexpensive fall leaf activities to make with your preschooler. via Carrots are Orange
- Make a turkey with tissue paper and toilet paper rolls! via The Resourceful Mama
Fall Crafts for Toddlers
- Use popsicle sticks to create the cutest felt fox with your preschooler. via Glued to My Crafts
- Check out this Autumn Play Collection: 40 Fabulous Fall Craft Ideas! via The Imagination Tree
- Create a fall leaf wreath with your little one and hang it up on your front door! via Toddler Approved
- We are loving this leaf painting art! via Gigi’s Joy Photography
- Here’s a cute handprint pumpkin card you can make with your preschooler. via Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls
- Nothing says “fall” like this scarecrow paper plate craft. via Finding Zest
Easy Crafts for Kids
- Stamp with apples in this classic preschool fall craft. via Crafty Morning
- Make an adorable tissue paper black cat with your kiddos. via Glued to My Crafts
- Salvage empty tin cans from your recycling bin and repurpose them into fall crafts! via Hands On: As We Grow
- Make a handprint scarecrow with your preschooler! via Crafty Morning
- Planning a trip to the apple orchard? Check out these fun apple ideas! via Messy Kids
- Use Legos to make this Indian Corn painting. via Crafty Morning
Tips for Crafting with Toddlers
Some of my most treasured toddler moments with my daughter were spent crafting together – but that’s not to say that it always went smoothly! Haha!
Toddlers have a mind of their own and if you don’t stick to a set schedule, it can be hard to work on any sort of project. I always planned our crafting time around nap and meal times to make sure my little one was well-rested and fed before crafting. It made a huge difference!
Also, set up everything you will need before you start crafting. Whether it’s paints, paintbrushes, scissors, glue, wipes, glitter, water, or a paper towel. If you turn your back for even a second, you might wind up with a freshly (but unintentionally) painted wall.
Work in little spurts in order to hold their attention. We would take breaks, get cleaned up, and go work on something else – playing or reading. I loved finding short and easy crafts to do with her at this age.
Anticipate the mess and work around it. I always saved any clean plastic table cloths from my daughter’s birthday parties and laid them underneath the crafting table as well as on the table. In addition, I made sure she wore old play clothes or a smock. The mess is half the fun – and part of learning!
What fall crafts for preschoolers are you creating this season? Comment below!
MORE FALL FUN FOR YOUR FAMILY:
- Make apple playdough with this simple recipe!
- Go on a fall scavenger hunt in your neighborhood.
- Your kids will love these fall tree coloring pages!
- Check out these fun Halloween activities for kids!
- Whip up Halloween banana pops treats for your kids. They will thank you!
- You’ll love making these 50+ pumpkin recipes. Bonus: Your house will smell so good!
- Play this not-so-spooky Halloween sight word game.
- My kids loved making these tissue paper leaves.
- Go all out this year and decorate your front door for Halloween!
- Browse these 180 Gorgeous Fall Crafts. I know you’ll find something you just have to make!
- Calling all book lovers! You’ve go to create your own book pumpkin! They are the cutest!