These creation crafts and activities will teach kids about the seven days of creation from the Bible. Whether you are a mom, dad, babysitter, Sunday school teacher, private school teacher or childcare worker, these ideas for teaching kids about Genesis 1 are filled with fun while exploring the seven days of creation.
Creation Crafts for Kids to Explore the Creation Story
We are really excited about this Kids Bible crafts that explore Who created the world with this series of Genesis crafts. Each day of seven days of the creation story has creation crafts to learn more about the days of creation for kids.
Related: 100 Best Bible Craft ideas
Let’s look at these Kids Bible crafts which work great at home or as part of a lesson for Sunday school or Bible school.
7 Days of Creation Crafts
- Torn Paper Creation Book – Check out how to make a book filled with images of the seven days of creation that are made out of torn paper. How creative!
- Book on Creation – This book on creation has a variety of ideas for creating a vibrant image to represent each of the seven days.
- Watercoloring Through the Days of Creation – Painting with watercolors is so beautiful, but it is also very accessible to kids. They’ll be able to visually translate what they learn through this medium.
- Creation Story Snacks – Want to eat your way through the seven days of creation? Here are some great snack ideas.
- Felt Creation CD’s – Felt creation CD’s are just one of many creation ideas found at this site. I believe you’ll love exploring their ideas.
- Creation Tubes – This is one of the most creative ideas I’ve seen to teach kids and give them a keepsake reminder of the days of creation.
- Days of Creation Sensory Bin – The sense of touch is the first sense to develop completely. Sensory bins are a great way for children to learn more about their world. This is a great way to teach kids the truths found in the Bible.
Day One Creation Crafts – Let There Be Light
1. Flashlight Activity for Day 1 Creation
“Let There Be Light” Flashlight Activity – Bringing real light into the darkness is something hard for kids to imagine. This activity really allows the light to pierce the dark.
2. Visualize Darkness to Light for Day 1 Creation
Turning Darkness to Light– Here’s another example of watching light overtake the darkness. Kids will be able to create an experience that will leave a visual picture of the first day of creation.
3. Let there be Light Coloring Page for Kids
Let There Be Light Coloring Sheet – Sometimes you need a simple activity for a large group of kids. A coloring sheet is always a great solution. There are two options available here.
Day Two Creation Crafts – Separation of the Waters and Sky
4. Separating the Waters Craft for Kids
Crafting Day Two – Using simple materials that we all have on hand, kids will be able to make a visual image of God separating the waters.
5. Make a Cloud Mobile for Creation Day 2
Cloud Mobiles – These cloud mobiles do represent the clouds, but the blue streamers, to me, have a visual representation of the waters pulling away from each other. I love that!
6. Explain Creation Day 2 with Jello
Jello Cloud Parfaits – This is a yummy treat to serve kids as they are learning about day two, when God separated the waters below from the waters above.
7. Make Ivory Soap Clouds
Ivory Soap Clouds – Have you seen the fabulous microwave foam fun that can be found with Ivory soap? Why not use these soap sculptures as clouds to represent Creation – Day 2?
8. Creation Day 2 Sensory Bin Activity
Blue Sky Sensory Bin – Sensory play is always a great way for kids to take in their world. This fun sky sensory bin would be such a fun teachable moment for kids to learn about the creation of the sky.
Creation Day Three Crafts – Land and Plants
9. God Holds the Whole World in His Hands Craft
The Creator and Sustainer – This craft shows how God continues to have the whole world in his hands. This earth craft not only shows how God separated waters and land, but it also shows how he continues to sustain His creation.
10. Seed Activity to Explore Creation Day 3
Watching the Soil and the Seeds Work – God made the plants so that seeds would regenerate. Walking children through this with a hands on, tangible experience is a great way to teach about what happened on day three.
11. Easy Flower Craft for Kids
Cupcake Liner Flowers – A fun way to focus on the creation of the plants is to make your own flowers out of cupcake liners.
12. Earth Paper Plate Craft
Earth Paper Plates – This earth project is a lot of fun, made from simple materials and can be done with a variety of age levels. It includes a printable.
13. World Craft for Kids
He’s Got the Whole World in His Hands – This is a craft that can really be made by kids of all ages. It is simple and yet yields beautiful results.
14. Globe Coloring Pages
Use this world map printable to explore the entire world and use them as map coloring pages for kids of all ages.
Day Four Creation Crafts – Sun, Moon and Stars
15. Sun, Moon & Star Crafts for Kids
- Sun, Moon and Stars Sponge Painting – These sponge paintings are easy and fun for kids to do. This post comes with a scripture printable.
- Sun, Moon and Star Mobile – Just as God hung the sun, moon and the stars in the sky, your kids will be able to create this mobile as a visual reminder of the universe He created.
- Do this solar system project together to make a simple mobile with the printable planets.
- Kids can color our planet coloring pages or our space coloring pages.
16. Sun Crafts for Kids to Explore Day 4 of Creation
- Paper Plate Sun Craft – I love this sun craft that uses fine motor skills to weave on bits of straws onto pipe cleaners. What a fun representation of the sun.
- Easy Sun craft for preschoolers made out of paper plates, glue and construction paper.
- Happy sunshine craft for kids using clothespins!
- Check out these fun facts about the sun for kids.
17. Moon Crafts for Kids to Explore Creation Day 4
- Textured Moon Craft – God created the sun, moon and stars on day four. You’ll love this fun way to represent the evening sky. The texture found though this activity is fabulous.
- Make moon rocks for kids with this simple and glittery fun craft idea.
- Oh so many more moon crafts for kids
18. Star Crafts for Kids
- Stretchy Night Sky – Here is another great tactical experience to learn about the creation of the night sky. You could create a yellow play dough experience for the sun too.
- Make a star glitter bottle for calming and sensory fun.
- Download and print these free star facts for kids.
- I love this constellation solar system craft for kids!
- Kids can learn how to draw a star with this simple printable tutorial.
Day Five Creation Crafts – Sea Animals and Flying Creatures
19. Sea Animal Crafts for Creation Day 5
- Toilet Paper Roll Fish – Use toilet paper rolls to make these fun fish creations.
- Foil Fish Craft – These shiny fish are adorable.
- Cupcake Liner Fish – These little cupcake liner fish are adorable. Whether you a crafting about creation or fish, you’re going to love this idea.
- Water Bottle Fish – Your kids will enjoy making these colorful fish out of water bottles. They can use their own creativity to make all kinds of sea creatures or birds too.
- Make a paper plate fish bowl with a white paper plate, glue and crayons.
- Or make a paper plate goldfish craft.
- Learn how to draw a fish with this simple drawing tutorial.
- These simple fish coloring pages are the perfect quick and easy day 5 of creation activity.
20. Flying Animals for Creation Day 5
- Painted Birds – These painted birds represent God’s creation on day 5. You could do the exact same idea with an outline of a fish to bring the the lesson full circle.
- I love this nest craft for kids made out of paper plates and filled with mama bird and baby birds.
- Make a toilet paper roll bird craft that is easy and fun.
- Bird Feeders – Creating homemade bird feeders is a great project for focusing on God giving life to the birds on the fifth day.
- Make a pinecone bird feeder together for those winter birds.
- Colorful Bird Craft – Love these colorful birds. This is a great craft for toddlers as well as older kids.
- Kids can learn how to draw a bird with this easy lesson.
- Download and print these free bird coloring pages for kids.
Day Six Creation Crafts – Humankind and Land Animals
21. Adam & Eve Crafts for Kids
The Creation and Fall of Adam and Eve – Here you will find a variety of lessons on Adam and Eve. You will be able to talk about day six of creation a fndind resources about the entire story of the first two humans.
22. Animal Crafts to Celebrate Creation Day 6
- Zoo Trip – When learning about day six of creation, why not head to the zoo to experience the unique animals God made to fill this world? There is nothing like getting out and experiencing nature to realize the greatness of God.
- Handprint Animals – This collection of A-Z handprint animals is fabulous and a wonderful way to show the creativity that God had when he worked on day six.
- Heart Shaped Animals – Because God made his the animals and people out of love, I think the idea of making heart shaped animals fantastic. What a creative way to make animals.
- Foam Cup Animals – I love the thought of making a huge zoo of foam cup animals to represent the variety in God’s creation.
- Make one of our favorite animal crafts for kids!
- These farm animal crafts are delightfully easy!
- Or make paper plate animals!
On Day Seven Of Creation, God Rested
God rested. We will too!