Kids will have a blast celebrating Thanksgiving with these 30+ Thanksgiving crafts & activities for toddlers! While kids of all ages can have fun with these hand-picked Thanksgiving activity favorites including easy Thanksgiving crafts for toddlers, we chose them with the youngest in mind.
Thanksgiving Crafts Toddlers will love
Even though Thanksgiving is packed in the part of the season when decorating and shopping is on my mind, there seems to be downtime around this holiday that is open for having a little family fun. These Thanksgiving ideas will make creating and making memories with your toddler easy and fun!
Oh, and the turkey crafts for toddlers are such a great way to celebrate Thanksgiving and keep your little one busy.
This post contains affiliate links.
Best Thanksgiving Activities For Toddlers
These turkey crafts for toddlers are such a great way to celebrate Thanksgiving. The best part is, some of these would make preschool Thanksgiving crafts as well as Thanksgiving activities for kindergarten kids. We hope you love this list of Thanksgiving crafts.
1. Print, Color & Play with Free Thanksgiving Printables Simple Enough for Toddlers
Practice fine motor skills the fun way with these fun Thanksgiving crafts!
- These Thanksgiving coloring pages have simple shapes that are great for toddler crayon skills. The bonus is that they double as Thanksgiving placemats.
- This simple design is perfect for baby’s first coloring page. It is a simple turkey coloring page perfect for celebrating the holiday.This set of three November coloring pages are free printable coloring pages can be used with crayons, paint or whatever a toddler thinks up!
- These free printable fall coloring pages have simple leaf shapes and the letters: F, A, L, L.
2. Play Pumpkin Pie
Looking for a fun craft? This preciously adorable felt faux food is seasonally perfect. Little hands will enjoy playing with their food while we will all be glad it is mess-free. via Mama Smiles
3. Thanksgiving Tree Family Activity
This is a family activity that can include everyone…including the little ones. It is always a good thing to start the conversation of gratefulness. These are great for three year olds and younger as well as the family. via Kids Activities Blog
4. Play a Thanksgiving Game
This simple game will have all the kids running with a grateful heart. It can be modified for any level of play. via Kids Activities Blog
5. Take a Fall Family Outing
Lots of ideas to get the entire family outside to enjoy autumn and the Thanksgiving air. via Kids Activities Blog
6. Go on a Fall Scavenger Hunt
This nature scavenger hunt for kids of all ages is really good for younger kids too because it doesn’t require reading skills to know what you are searching for!
7. Play with the Geometric Turkey
With some shapes that require little adult skill to create, a toddler can assemble their own colorful turkey and decorate. via Blog Me Mom
8. Use Felt for a Turkey Assembly Activity
If you are looking for a quiet activity, this is the perfect fit. Felt cut into simple shapes that toddlers can make a turkey…or something else. via Kids Activities Blog
9. Celebrate with a Thankful Heart Tree
Another family thankful tree that makes a sweet holiday tradition. via Kids Activities Blog
10. Read Thanksgiving Books Together
A list of books that will get your family in the Thanksgiving spirit. via Kids Activities Blog
toddler Thanksgiving Crafts
11. Make a Torn Paper Turkey Craft
Oh how I giggle when everything you need for a craft is in the craft drawer. This is one of those simple things you can pull out and do within the next 3 minutes. If you don’t have brown paper for this craft, you can use brown paper bags. via Coffee Cups and Crayons
12. Craft a Thanksgiving Headband
Inspired by the Native Americans who made the first Thanksgiving possible. via Kids Activities Blog
13. Use Cookie Cutters as a Stencil Tree
Using the cookie cutters in a kitchen drawer, your toddler can create art. via Kids Activities Blog
14. Make Thankful Hands
This simple craft involves hand tracing and a thankful spirit. This makes one of the best Thanksgiving projects for kids I think. It’s important to remember to be thankful. via Mama Smiles
15. Use your Hands for a Handprint Feathered Turkey
A fun, easy preschool craft that includes colorful construction paper and googly eyes! via My Cup Overflows
16. Recycle with a Coffee Filter Turkey
Using a salad spinner and some paint, this craft is sure to be a toddler hit! via Kids Activities Blog
17. Create Bottle Cap Turkey Magnets
Go small. Make fridge magnets with bottle caps. This would also make a great Thanksgiving activities for kindergarten kids. I love this since it uses minimal craft supplies! What fantastic fun for two year olds. via Crafty Morning
Easy Thanksgiving activities For Kids
18. Decorate a Turkey
What a fun addition to any Thanksgiving celebration. I love how this simple activity can be made age-appropriate based on the materials you provide for turkey dressing (up). via Fun Littles
19. Make Native American Dolls
Love this festive Thanksgiving craft. These simple play people are up cycled toilet paper rolls and can be personalized to a toddler’s specifications. via Crafty Moms Share
20. Paint a Handprint Ship
This simple handprint ship art project is great for younger kids like toddlers and preschoolers! A toddler’s handprint is transformed into a pilgrim ship with a bit of paint and construction paper shapes. It is something they will love to do and then send as a card.
Thanksgiving Craft Ideas For Toddlers
21. Create an Easy Paper Plate Pumpkin
This site has several easy preschool crafts. Plus, it requires very little to make. A paper plate, tissue paper, and a glue stick. This is also one of many Thanksgiving crafts for 3 year olds that wouldn’t require a lot of help. via She Knows
22. Make Pasta Turkeys
This silly sensory play is sure to be a hit with kids that adore their time to be filled with a tad of messy. via 123 Homeschool 4 Me
23. DIY Art Placemats
Get the entire family involved in creating custom placemats from their art for Thanksgiving dinner! The whole family, including older kids, can make their spot at the Thanksgiving table extra special. This is the perfect Thanksgiving craft. via Kids Activities Blog
24. Craft a We are Thankful Display with the Family
Want more easy crafts for two year olds? Toddlers can get involved in the family thankfulness display. via Kids Activities Blog
25. Make Colorful Turkey Suncatcher
Transform a little tissue paper into a bright and happy turkey to hang in the window. This post has a free printable so your turkey will resemble a turkey too! This would be great for 2 year olds and 3 year olds. via Learn Create Love
26. Craft a Thanksgiving Centerpiece Together
This table centerpiece is easy enough that a toddler can be involved in the process. What a perfect way to get babies and 2 year olds involved in decorating for the holidays! via Kids Activities Blog
Thanksgiving Arts and Crafts Ideas For Toddlers
27. Make a Handprint Turkey
This child craft Thanksgiving tradition is always lots of fun. It’s a great way to get kids busy and out of trouble on Thanksgiving day. via Mama Smiles
28. Make a Footprint Turkey
This child craft Thanksgiving tradition has a twist! This is a great way to make thanksgiving art for toddlers. Plus, this is one of our super cute Thanksgiving crafts for infants as well. via Kids Activities Blog
29. Make a Paper Plate Boat
Build a ship out of paper plates. If you are brave, grab some paint too. Adding paint to this project would also make this one of the many great Thanksgiving activities for kindergarten kids. Love paper plate crafts. via Kids Activities Blog
30. Get the Family Together and Make a Handprint Tree
Make a Thanksgiving handprint tree with all the members of the family. This could be fun with everyone that joins you for Thanksgiving dinner.
Thanksgiving Toddler Crafts FAQ
2 year olds at Thanksgiving can be so much fun. If you have friends and family around, toddlers will have an adventure being in the middle of all the holiday chaos. Give 2 year olds simple things like some of the activities on this list to keep them engaged and busy. Preserve sleep schedules and nap times as much as possible to make it a rested, happy holiday!
Allow kids to be part of the family celebration and interact with multiple generations at different levels. Kids do not need constant entertainment and will learn to be part of the bigger event. Keep a special surprise or activity in waiting if you see frustration or intense boredom looming…!
We hope this list of easy Thanksgiving crafts will keep kids busy and having fun. Think of Thanksgiving crafts as being more about the process and the ability to make things together vs. what the outcome might be!
Thanksgiving Activities for Kids of All Ages From Kids Activities Blog
We have great things to do to celebrate Thanksgiving with kids of all ages:
- Over 35 Thanksgiving Activities and Crafts for 3 Year Olds. So many Thanksgiving activities to do with your kids! These preschool Thanksgiving activities will keep the little ones so busy having fun.
- More than 30 Thanksgiving Activities and Crafts for 4 Year Olds! Preschool Thanksgiving crafts have never been easier to set up.
- 40 Thanksgiving Activities and Crafts for 5 Year Olds and Up…
- 75+ Thanksgiving Crafts for Kids…so many fun things to make together around the Thanksgiving holiday.
- These free Thanksgiving printables are more than just coloring pages and worksheets!
- We have so many Thanksgiving Crafts!
- We have so many great turkey crafts!
What is your favorite Thanksgiving activity for 2 year olds? Which toddler Thanksgiving craft or activity will be your first to try?